Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neon Audio Editor by 4Pockets.com - Released

Comments

• edited September 2021

Pasting into AudioShare confirms 16-bit. Seems to create an accurate number of bars as well, e.g at 120bpm:

• He should just cheat and record at 16 bit but save at 24 bit. No human being would ever be able to tell the difference.

• edited September 2021

@wim said:
    He should just cheat and record at 16 bit but save at 24 bit. No human being would ever be able to tell the difference.

LOL. A "Volkswagen" solution to the problem. But they got busted... :smiley:

• @wim said:
    He should just cheat and record at 16 bit but save at 24 bit. No human being would ever be able to tell the difference.

👍 agreed.

The audience certainly wouldn’t. And they are the ones that count, are they not?

• Triggering recording via the exposed AU parms works, so I can set up a 4 bar loop to record when tapping an LK cell. Using the exposed parm lets you quickly record takes. I cannot however trigger the clip to play back very easily afterwards.

You can send in a MIDI trigger note which triggers on the next host quantum, which will not work for clip launching via LK as it has already waited for the next quantum. You can also trigger the clip manually using the “play” AU parm, which I thought would be the answer. Unfortunately once the clip has played through then you need to send the play trigger twice in order to wake it up again, which feels like a bug.

For now at least the record part seems to work so I’ll give it a proper go with my guitar tomorrow. I’ll move the samples to one of the other (many) sample players in the meantime.

• @attakk said:
    @>; @wim said:

support @ 4pockets.com is the official email address for reporting bugs.
    His tag on the forum is @4pockets. He doesn't always check in here though.

Cheers - I’ll try that. I have in the meantime dm’d to the _support & the _paul 4Pockets account’s here. I didn’t have the support email address but had noticed that the company website is currently down for maintenance.

Also I've had good success in getting responses on youtube, especially if you post soon after a video is released.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

@Bietfriek said:
    Still hoping that one day there would be an audio editor for iOS that could: Preview and apply third party AU effects to a selected area of a sample just like Wavelab. Really missing something like that..

TwistedWave has been able to do this for years.

My only problem with TW is it has no beat / tempo awareness. I rarely use it because of this.

• Cool. Is there a time limit on the length of an audio file allowed?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Cool. Is there a time limit on the length of an audio file allowed?

Are you asking about Neon? It's 15 minutes.
    Or about Twisted Wave? I'm not aware of any maximum.

• edited September 2021

@wim said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Cool. Is there a time limit on the length of an audio file allowed?

Are you asking about Neon? It's 15 minutes.
    Or about Twisted Wave? I'm not aware of any maximum.

I just saw it at the bottom of the app notes I missed it first time through. Thanks though.

• @wim said:

@Bietfriek said:
    Still hoping that one day there would be an audio editor for iOS that could: Preview and apply third party AU effects to a selected area of a sample just like Wavelab. Really missing something like that..

My only problem with TW is it has no beat / tempo awareness. I rarely use it because of this.

Well I wasn’t aware of that..So I can load a file, select a part of it, choose something from Fabfilter, Eventide or f.e. FAC, preview the effect and apply it? Maybe a Drambo sample editor would be nice 😇

• @Bietfriek said:

@wim said:

@Bietfriek said:

Well I wasn’t aware of that..So I can load a file, select a part of it, choose something from Fabfilter, Eventide or f.e. FAC, preview the effect and apply it?

Yes.

• edited September 2021

@wim said:

I can't tell from your comment whether or not you know that you can edit warp markers in Auditor. It's in the slicing tool and works great. nvm if you already knew that. ;)

I'm aware of what can be done in Auditor and I'm aware that Auditor comes with a basic AUv3 player. But what I'm looking for is the elastic audio capabilities of Ableton. This isn't just about having the ability to alter the placement of markers, it's about having the ability to shift the audio between markers. That's a key requirement for remix work where you're often having to integrate a vocal that was recorded without a quantised rhythm section and then make it fit a heavily swung quantised rhythm section.

If Auditor already does this, I take it all back! :)

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

@jonmoore said:

@wim said:

I can't tell from your comment whether or not you know that you can edit warp markers in Auditor. It's in the slicing tool and works great. nvm if you already knew that. ;)

I'm aware of what can be done in Auditor and I'm aware that Auditor comes with a basic AUv3 player. But what I'm looking for is the elastic audio capabilities of Ableton. This isn't just about having the ability to alter the placement of markers, it's about having the ability to shift the audio between markers. That's a key requirement for remix work where you're often having to integrate a vocal that was recorded without a quantised rhythm section and then make it fit a heavily swung rhythm section.

It does.
    I use it to fix my guitar fuckups all the time. Nothin’ can fix my vocals. 😂

• @wim said:

@jonmoore said:

@wim said:

I'm aware of what can be done in Auditor and I'm aware that Auditor comes with a basic AUv3 player. But what I'm looking for is the elastic audio capabilities of Ableton. This isn't just about having the ability to alter the placement of markers, it's about having the ability to shift the audio between markers. That's a key requirement for remix work where you're often having to integrate a vocal that was recorded without a quantised rhythm section and then make it fit a heavily swung rhythm section.

It does.

That's great news. Thanks @wim

• 4pockets are releasing a DIY piecemeal DAW that you buy one feature at a time.

I can’t help feel that it’s a bit like those magazines where you get to build a toy car with new parts coming with each issue. Which even if you are able to buy every issue ends up costing £1000 and takes two years to finish. But you know there will be at least one issue that you never get and the car will never be finished. And a similar, but better, toy car from Burago costs £40.

;-)

• @wim said:

👌

• @klownshed said:
    4pockets are releasing a DIY piecemeal DAW that you buy one feature at a time.

It's a modular DAW. Just buy the bits you need and assemble in AUM. Sounds good to me.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Triggering recording via the exposed AU parms works, so I can set up a 4 bar loop to record when tapping an LK cell. Using the exposed parm lets you quickly record takes. I cannot however trigger the clip to play back very easily afterwards.

You can send in a MIDI trigger note which triggers on the next host quantum, which will not work for clip launching via LK as it has already waited for the next quantum. You can also trigger the clip manually using the “play” AU parm, which I thought would be the answer. Unfortunately once the clip has played through then you need to send the play trigger twice in order to wake it up again, which feels like a bug.

For now at least the record part seems to work so I’ll give it a proper go with my guitar tomorrow. I’ll move the samples to one of the other (many) sample players in the meantime.

This is the same problem I was having with Atom 2, in terms of launching, which seems to make less useful for clip launching. If someone knows a workaround for this, really glad to hear it.

• @cuberoo_ said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Triggering recording via the exposed AU parms works, so I can set up a 4 bar loop to record when tapping an LK cell. Using the exposed parm lets you quickly record takes. I cannot however trigger the clip to play back very easily afterwards.

This is the same problem I was having with Atom 2, in terms of launching, which seems to make less useful for clip launching. If someone knows a workaround for this, really glad to hear it.

I have reached out to Paul and he is kindly looking at an immediate launch option which would defer the quantization of the launch to the launching app (e.g. LK) rather than also waiting for the next quantum in Neon.

@cuberoo_ said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

I have reached out to Paul and he is kindly looking at an immediate launch option which would defer the quantization of the launch to the launching app (e.g. LK) rather than also waiting for the next quantum in Neon.

Thanks!

One other thing that I think might be an issue, is that it not possible, at least I don't think it is, to set a flag such that the clip restarts on launch. This is useful as the clip does not rewind with AUM, for example, when not in sync mode.

Have I missed something?

Tutorial 1

“If you’re one of them people that doesn’t like to read the manual, this is for you.”

• Glad that immediate triggering was added, I can now continue trying to integrate with LK.

• Still a few wrinkles with the play and rec triggering to sort out.

• Can you drag in multiple samples, say to quickly build a drum track? Or are you limited with only working on one at a time? I don’t seem to be able to do more than one at once

• edited September 2021

@psych You can’t drag them in but you can paste from the iOS general pasteboard which means you can long-press on a sound file in the Files app and select Copy, then in Neon move the cursor to where you want to paste to and go to Clipboard->Paste. It then lets you either paste to insert the sample into the timeline or replace what is after the cursor.

@psych You can’t drag them in but you can paste from the iOS general pasteboard which means you can long-press on a sound file in the Files app and select Copy, then in Neon move the cursor to where you want to paste to and go to Clipboard->Paste. It then lets you either paste to insert the sample into the timeline or replace what is after the cursor.

That’s pretty awkward, but thanks. Just seems like the program should be able to do that from the audio bay. Hopefully that’s coming in an update.

• How does the time stretch sound compared to BM3 and Cubasis 3 or even Segments?