Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Acoustic Spectrum Pad - Spectrogram Audio Editor

Stumbled upon this interesting app - produces a spectrogram from an audio (or video) file and allows you to erase sound directly on the spectrogram in a very, very basic RX 8 manner.

Never seen that before on iOS. Are there any other apps out there that can do this?

https://apps.apple.com/app/acoustic-spectrum-pad/id1541573825#?platform=ipad

Comments

• @pbelgium said:
    Never seen that before on iOS. Are there any other apps out there that can do this?

I think Virtual ANS can do something like this, if I'm understanding things correctly

• Virtual ANs can load/play spectogram images and paint/manipulate them but I don't think you can record a spectogram with it first....

• carnbot:
    you record a wav with any app and load it in virtual ans and it generates the spectrogram.

• And it does have recording from the microphone. From what I recall, it doesn't really process audio transparently, so it may not be directly comparable though.

• @waka_x said:
    carnbot:
    you record a wav with any app and load it in virtual ans and it generates the spectrogram.

oh yes, just that you can't record with the AUv3, I hope he updates it as will make it easier to use like that. :)

• Thanks for the replies - I forgot about Virtual ANS, have the original, will check out the latest version. It would be great if some devs can run with this idea and produce a lite iZotope RX audio repair/editor app for iOS.

• @pbelgium said:
    Thanks for the replies - I forgot about Virtual ANS, have the original, will check out the latest version. It would be great if some devs can run with this idea and produce a lite iZotope RX audio repair/editor app for iOS.

iZotope for iOS would be mind blowing

• That’s a cool find.

There is an app that’s free, that was updated for the first time in 3-4 years, only a few weeks ago called vectorscope. I know it works with AB not sure about other connectivity

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vectorscope/id735257507