Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala AUv3 IAP

Comments

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:
    Not sure how to multiout koala with Cubasis3 Any tips anyone thanks in advance

It's very easy...
    ...In Cubasis when you've got a Koala AUv3 track selected just add a new midi track and it will use the next output by default.
    You can also in the Cubasis track inspector add 7 tracks by push of a button (for total 8 instances).

Inside Koala select a pad and select 'channel' (1-8) to assign the sample to a specific output.

Good Luck!

cheers Samu will try it out

• @stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:
    Not sure how to multiout koala with Cubasis3 Any tips anyone thanks in advance

It's very easy...
    ...In Cubasis when you've got a Koala AUv3 track selected just add a new midi track and it will use the next output by default.
    You can also in the Cubasis track inspector add 7 tracks by push of a button (for total 8 instances).

Inside Koala select a pad and select 'channel' (1-8) to assign the sample to a specific output.

Good Luck!

cheers Samu will try it out

@Samu do I load the first instance of Koala Auv3 into a midi track too and not Audio Track?

• @stormbeats said:

>

@Samu do I load the first instance of Koala Auv3 into a midi track too and not Audio Track?

I'd suggest using a midi track in case you need to use Cubasis to sequence Koala as you can NOT select Koala AUv3 as an 'input' to an audio track in Cubasis, only an effect...
    (Audio tracks in Cubasis only accept IAA/AudioBus and Hardware inputs).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

>

I'd suggest using a midi track in case you need to use Cubasis to sequence Koala as you can NOT select Koala AUv3 as an 'input' to an audio track in Cubasis, only an effect...
    (Audio tracks in Cubasis only accept IAA/AudioBus and Hardware inputs).

Cheers!

@Samu ok thanks

• What a deal for the iap. Is the sampler GarageBand needed :)

• Ha, now sampling to koala from radio unit is a breeze. No more going back and forth from one app to another. Thanks @elf_audio!

• Just chiming in with this clip on how powerful the toy looking Koala really is…

/DMfan🇸🇪

• edited September 2021

@elf_audio excellent update Just one issue When using standalone the saved song no longer contains the samples & importantly resampled loops in a folder which the user may want to use / transfer for other projects. Just the song file. Can this be fixed at all?

• Just in case anyone missed, the FXs that can be used for sampling / re-sampling have an adjustable parameter :)

• Keyboard added too. Update request from Flying Lotus… How is cool is that.

• @Samu said:
    Just in case anyone missed, the FXs that can be used for sampling / re-sampling have an adjustable parameter :)

@Samu Cool is that the Performance Fx?

• @stormbeats said:
    @elf_audio excellent update Just one issue When using standalone the saved song no longer contains the samples in a folder which the user may want to use / transfer for other projects. Just the song file. Can this be fixed at all?

The *.song file is a zip file. This is needed in order to be able to load a session into the AUv3.
    (This also makes it easier to share a project between devices).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @stormbeats said:

@Samu said:
    Just in case anyone missed, the FXs that can be used for sampling / re-sampling have an adjustable parameter :)

Nope, the little FX button on the page where you record to the pads.
    When activated the FX's have a long-tap gesture to adjust the value.

• edited September 2021

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

Nope, the little FX button on the page where you record to the pads.
    When activated the FX's have a long-tap gesture to adjust the value.

@Samu ok thanks
    @Samu just tried long hold and nothing Can you possibly do a screenshot?

• @ehehehe said:
    YES! No more slide over foolishness. This is now the official king of samplers on ios.

But still a bit tricky to do direct audio recording in Cubasis since you can NOT load AUv3's as 'audio inputs'.
    Hopefully Steinberg wakes up at some point and improves the audio routing capabilities of Cubasis... :sunglasses:

• @supadom said:
    Ha, now sampling to koala from radio unit is a breeze. No more going back and forth from one app to another. Thanks @elf_audio!

Aww yea and web audio player which covers basically all web audio even YouTube, audio only. Heaven. What a pleasant surprise.

• edited September 2021

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:
    @elf_audio excellent update Just one issue When using standalone the saved song no longer contains the samples in a folder which the user may want to use / transfer for other projects. Just the song file. Can this be fixed at all?

The *.song file is a zip file. This is needed in order to be able to load a session into the AUv3.

@samu true but I have lots of resampled loops thats were/are in folders to transfer to DAWS etc It needs a fix for standalone After resaving a few beats the previous folder files are now gone @elf_audio

• @stormbeats said:

@samu true but I have lots of resampled loops thats were/are in folders to transfer to DAWS etc It needs a fix for standalone After resaving a few beats the previous folder files are now gone @elf_audio

They are 'converted' to *.song, this also saves space on the device.
    In case you need to dig out individual loops, open the project in Koala and 'share' the pad/file to the DAW where you need it.

The new way of storing Koala sessions is way more practical in the long run and is a must when dealing with AUv3's.

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

In case you need to dig out individual loops, open the project in Koala and 'share' the pad/file to the DAW where you need it.

The new way of storing Koala sessions is way more practical in the long run and is a must when dealing with AUv3's.

@Samu i understand that but Iam saying for “standalone” projects Not Auv3

• @stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

You can rename .koala (new file version) to .zip and it will extract as the original folder with all samples intact.. 👍 I just tried this on desktop after airdropping a .koala file onto it..

• @stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

@Samu i understand that but Iam saying for “standalone” projects Not Auv3

@Samu i will get used to it over time. It works now like how GR16 has and aways has since it was IAA only before Auv3.

• @ehehehe said:

Yeah, maybe. Isn’t it just the matter of pressing the freeze track button to print audio? Not a very bothersome workaround here, as i’ll most probably be printing some au fx on the track too.

Freeze works, even for the individual multi-outs so it's a very nice implementation :)

• edited September 2021

@ehehehe said:

@Samu said:

@ehehehe said:
    YES! No more slide over foolishness. This is now the official king of samplers on ios.

But still a bit tricky to do direct audio recording in Cubasis since you can NOT load AUv3's as 'audio inputs'.
    Hopefully Steinberg wakes up at some point and improves the audio routing capabilities of Cubasis... :sunglasses:

Yeah, maybe. Isn’t it just the matter of pressing the freeze track button to print audio? Not a very bothersome workaround here, as i’ll most probably be printing some au fx on the track too.

Audio routing would be useful if you have sequences (or samples) in Koala and you want to record to audio but manually change sequence while recording. It would be very creative. You could make mistakes that turn out to be grate.

• Ohhhhh shit yeah @elf_audio !

Was thinking just yesterday I wish Koala was AUV3

You beauty!

• @elf_audio hi just got your reply on Discord regarding the removal of Koala sample folders . No worries and thanks for new update Marek

• Oh wow. This is fantastic!

When I did the IAP in the standalone version the process was a bit buggy. I went to settings > extra and made the purchase. Payment accepted, but the dialog was still sitting there. I dismissed the dialog and the option to purchase it was still there. I thought maybe I spaced out in the purchase process, so I purchased again. This time it said the update was free because I already purchased it. But, it still didn't show that I'd purchased it.

I exited Koala and came back in. Now the option to purchase is no longer there, but there is also no indication that it had been purchased.

It all works, but this could be confusing if it happens to others.

• This is phenomenal. Instant buy. Koala is an absolute killer.