Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala AUv3 IAP

Comments

• multi outputs: i have selected multi out versions of the au on another track. output 2. and output 3. but do i need to setup each samples pad output in koala? because no audio is coming from 2 and 3 output channels ?
    i’m sure it is a setting or something?

• I purchased the new AUv3 on iPad and when trying to restore the purchase on my phone there is an error message saying “item could not be restored-app store error- No products could be restored-maybe you haven’t purchased them?”

Haven’t clicked the buy button just yet. Wondering if there is a separate IAP for iPad and iPhones?

• edited September 2021

Whoa! So Audiobus : Atom2 : Koala : [] is now pretty much a modular BM3. Reason I say AB and not AUM here is that AB has better hardware synch that's up to the standard of BM3 itself, but AUM could be substituted if you didn't need that.

• This is really cool. I guess the new file replaces the old once you have resaved or do you need to keep both? The file saved was fairly large so I guess it's replaced but before trashing the old it would be nice to be sure. Anyway, great!!

• edited September 2021

Well this will be fun, :)

• edited September 2021

@RajahP said:

@Paa89 said:
    here is a mini video of koala Sampler in Cubasis 3

Great.. maybe I can upgrade to Cubasis v3 now.. Ableton Link has just become less needed… Thanks Mr. Koala..

We still need Ableton link in Cubasis 3. Or a workaround like what Digistix has.
    If you have a drum sequence in Koala and you want to record melody on a different track in Cubasis 3, when you tap on record, Koala starts to play during count in. so when recording starts, Koala’s sequence is on bar 2 while Cubasis playhead is on bar 1.

• This is awesome!!!

• @Paa89 said:

in regards to the “side chain” feature , would it be similar to 4pokects experimetal side chain? but it would allow us to record from koala AUv3 to that audio track ?

Nope, it would be real side chain.

You can notice this in Cubasis 3 when you load for example a compressor AUv3 effect and you get the small icon from which you can pick the side-chain input.

When you load Koala to into an effect slot you only get the small icon to select the 'midi input' (you can select any midi track in the project) but there is no 'side chain input' since Koala AUv3 Effect doesn't support multiple inputs.

If Koala supported multiple audio inputs you would likely get both the Midi and Side Chain selections :)
    (Koala would be one of the very first apps to support both...).

I'm quite sure when Koala's been out for a while and the dev has had some well deserved rest this will be a path worth investigating for sure!

Cheers!

• Now, this is more like it. I bought into the hype around sEGments but have been a tad underwhelmed by the IAP. Koala fully stacked is about the same price as sEGments but gives you so much more and most importantly its time-stretch implementation is so much better in terms of audio quality

I now need to put aside some time to experiment with the routing opportunities of the AUv3. My instinct is that this could one of those situations where using Cubasis 3 in tandem with AUM or ApeMatrix will offer the richest possibilities.

• Koala newbie.

Can the auv3 be midi mapped?

• @jonmoore said:

>

I now need to put aside some time to experiment with the routing opportunities of the AUv3. My instinct is that this could one of those situations where using Cubasis 3 in tandem with AUM or ApeMatrix will offer the richest possibilities.

Koala in AUM is very nice (that was my main beta test bench for it).

Cubasis still has a bit lack luster Audio/Midi routing but it'll eventually get there.
    (When/If Koala gets support for AUv3 multi input we might be able to use the Cubasis side-chain input for sampling any track in Cubasis).

For sampling in AUM it's just a matter of setting up a bus and loading Koala as an AUv3 effect.

Worth to note is the the 'Effect & Instrument' can not share the same 'instance'.
    So if one during a sampling session needs multiple outs the AUv3 Effect has to be loaded into the effect slot on the other tracks.

Overall it should be a pretty smooth ride.

Midi Input is supposed but no Midi Output at the moment.

Enjoy!

• edited September 2021

@Paa89 said:

@RajahP said:

@Paa89 said:
    here is a mini video of koala Sampler in Cubasis 3

Great.. maybe I can upgrade to Cubasis v3 now.. Ableton Link has just become less needed… Thanks Mr. Koala..

We still need Ableton link in Cubasis 3. Or a workaround like what Digistix has.
    If you have a drum sequence in Koala and you want to record melody on a different track in Cubasis 3, when you tap on record, Koala starts to play during count in. so when recording starts, Koala’s sequence is on bar 2 while Cubasis playhead is on bar 1.

Yep.. Ableton Link is still needed… For multiple IPads…

But Apple owes Mr. Koala some money.. This has changed things..

• @Gravitas said:
    Koala newbie.

yes . at leats in Cubasis 3.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Gravitas said:
    Koala newbie.

All the effect sliders on the Perform page have AUParameters.
    Midi pad selection & sampling can be enabled in the preferences.

• @Samu said:

@Gravitas said:
    Koala newbie.

Are the midi mappings set or we can map them ourselves?

• @Gravitas said:

@Samu said:

@Gravitas said:
    Koala newbie.

Midi mapping works like in the stand-alone, so in the settings, enable 'Use Midi Mapping', Tap 'Map Midi' select a knob, pad whatever, and tweak the controller :)

• edited September 2021

@Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

in regards to the “side chain” feature , would it be similar to 4pokects experimetal side chain? but it would allow us to record from koala AUv3 to that audio track ?

Nope, it would be real side chain.

You can notice this in Cubasis 3 when you load for example a compressor AUv3 effect and you get the small icon from which you can pick the side-chain input.

When you load Koala to into an effect slot you only get the small icon to select the 'midi input' (you can select any midi track in the project) but there is no 'side chain input' since Koala AUv3 Effect doesn't support multiple inputs.

If Koala supported multiple audio inputs you would likely get both the Midi and Side Chain selections :)
    (Koala would be one of the very first apps to support both...).

I'm quite sure when Koala's been out for a while and the dev has had some well deserved rest this will be a path worth investigating for sure!

Cheers!

All clear now. that would be wicked 😊

• @Samu said:

@Gravitas said:

@Samu said:

@Gravitas said:
    Koala newbie.

Midi mapping works like in the stand-alone, so in the settings, enable 'Use Midi Mapping', Tap 'Map Midi' select a knob, pad whatever, and tweak the controller :)

That's straight forward.
    Cool. :)

• @d4d0ug said:
    I’m very very happy with this update and have already been setting up LK + Koala in AUM. 😉

How are you using this setup, out of interest?

• edited September 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What AU parameters are exposed?

Already having multi-out is a win.

• @Samu said:

Koala in AUM is very nice (that was my main beta test bench for it).

Cubasis still has a bit lack luster Audio/Midi routing but it'll eventually get there.
    (When/If Koala gets support for AUv3 multi input we might be able to use the Cubasis side-chain input for sampling any track in Cubasis).

For sampling in AUM it's just a matter of setting up a bus and loading Koala as an AUv3 effect.

Worth to note is the the 'Effect & Instrument' can not share the same 'instance'.
    So if one during a sampling session needs multiple outs the AUv3 Effect has to be loaded into the effect slot on the other tracks.

Overall it should be a pretty smooth ride.

Midi Input is supposed but no Midi Output at the moment.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the details.

This for me is the epitome of iOS audio design. It's both stripped back to the bone and expansive in its possibilities. And it's universal too, for that added touch of value and flexibility.

• @Dez_Williams_Music said:
    Just a heads up that there's an update with IAP for AUv3... ;)

Wow! Dez Williams!! I love your music. And I love Koala too. Looking forward to checking out this update after work.

• @elf_audio thanks for update. Not sure how to multiout koala with Cubasis3 Any tips anyone thanks in advance

• @stormbeats said:
    Not sure how to multiout koala with Cubasis3 Any tips anyone thanks in advance

It's very easy...
    ...In Cubasis when you've got a Koala AUv3 track selected just add a new midi track and it will use the next output by default.
    You can also in the Cubasis track inspector add 7 tracks by push of a button (for total 8 instances).

Inside Koala select a pad and select 'channel' (1-8) to assign the sample to a specific output.

Good Luck!

• @Samu said:

@Gravitas said:
    Koala newbie.

Hey, does this mean sampling trigger over Midi works now??

This is what I'm basically waiting for on iOS.

Will it then also re-record (overwrite) the sample (on the selected pad/key?) on repeat? Then I would be really happy.

• IIIYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! Finally 🕺🏿💃🏼🕺🏿💃🏼🕺🏿💃🏼🕺🏿💃🏼

• @Max_Free said:

Hey, does this mean sampling trigger over Midi works now??

This is what I'm basically waiting for on iOS.

Will it then also re-record (overwrite) the sample (on the selected pad/key?) on repeat? Then I would be really happy.

It's always been possible to record sample by playing an empty pad using a midi controller (enable in the settings) :sunglasses:

You'll have to remove the sample (swipe it to the trash) before you can record a new sample to a pad.
    ('midi map' delete, this way you can delete the currently selected pad and then you can record to it again).

I think the logic behind this is the the keyboard can directly be used to trigger the recorded sample...

Good Luck!