Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New auria mixing videos

I posted this in the auria forum as well , but for anyone who is not there, I wanted to post it here as well. This is the first video of a planned series on mixing in auria as I work on mixing a track we recorded a few years ago. Check it out, please give me feedback, including a better way I can shoot video if you know one! I recorded it with my iPhone using the tascam im2 mic. Also let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like me to highlight in later videos. Thanks!

Comments

• Really interesting video, what iPad are you using

• That's great, more please. And of what? Pretty much just demonstrate how you make the mix work would be good for me.

• Yes. More. Many of us (me) are subgroup-phobic/ignorant and welcome looking over your shoulder etc. JG

• subs, linked, multiple sends, headphone out at the same time as a USB multichannel interface, ... thx!

• well thought out video, would like to see more.

• Cool, thanks for watching and will do! I'm using the iPad Air. As far as headphone out at the same time, I was using an apogee one so the headphone out is the out. I'll see if I can do multiple out on my Alesis and if so I'll show it.
    I'll definitely explain my subgroups in the next one, I'm off tomorrow so I'll have some time. Heading home from a gig in a minute, 3 hour ride!

• Thanks for the video! I know il learn a lot by watching your work flows & how you do things as I'm new to making music. Il be waiting for the next video on subgroups! I've been thinking lately about that & how to send effects in a subgroup but sending different setting of an effect to different tracks within that subgroup. Thanks again!

• Awesome video, thanks!

• I'll be keeping a look out for more of these videos - just what I need. Thanks for posting!

• I'm going to try to do another video in a little while, for those that asked about subgroups, do you have any questions in particular? I will explain why I group things the way I do, and why to use subgroups for certain things as opposed to aux sends, etc.

I really appreciate the compliments and please let me know any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

• So I started to make a video, got into auxes and discovered that routing the aux through audiobus is not working right now, plus the washer and dryer are on (what, you thought I had a multimillion dollar studio? Ha! Corner of the basement city...

Anyway, I'll make a video in the morning that goes over just subgroups since I deleted the one I started. This is why you don't start a project at 10pm on 4 hours of sleep...so let me know if there are any specific questions about subgroups aside from why I use them the way I do and several other uses that I can think of pointing out.

For those asking aux questions, were you asking basic questions about the purpose of the aux buses, including how and why to use them in a mix as opposed to putting an effect as an insert on a channel or subgroup? I can definitely answer that if that's what's being asked. Anyway, good night and I'll make a video when I'm fresh in the AM! Thanks so much for your interest.

• My guess is that there is a wide spread of users on this forum from the highly adept to the shockingly inept (looks at self in the invisible mirror). A decent basic explanation in your own clear style of 'purpose' and the 'how' and 'why' would be very welcome and a good contribution to this (or any other) informal knowledge base.

There's always something to be learned from watching anyone else approach apps of any kind one also uses. It's a -largely- solitary thing, and thus great to see others at work....

First though; get good sleep and then good coffee.

And thanks.

JG

• Video is filmed, but I won't be near a connection to upload it until later. I'll post it here when it is up. Thanks!

• That was pretty cool.

• Thanks!