Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 14.8

Looks like this release is a patch to fix the spyware exploit which compromises iOS.
As seen here:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/sep/13/nso-group-iphones-apple-devices-hack-patch

Comments

  • The more practical fix in 14.8 is that when 15 drops it gives you an option to stay on 14.x and get the security update…

    Once 15 is out my guess is that pre 14.8 will go straight to 15.

    So those wanting to stay on 14.x better update to 14.8 asap.

  • @Samu said:
    The more practical fix in 14.8 is that when 15 drops it gives you an option to stay on 14.x and get the security update…

    Once 15 is out my guess is that pre 14.8 will go straight to 15.

    So those wanting to stay on 14.x better update to 14.8 asap.

    iOS 15 will probably release this week (possibly tomorrow) or next week at the latest.

  • @Samu said:
    The more practical fix in 14.8 is that when 15 drops it gives you an option to stay on 14.x and get the security update…

    Once 15 is out my guess is that pre 14.8 will go straight to 15.

    So those wanting to stay on 14.x better update to 14.8 asap.

    Followed your advice and updated, since I always wait a prudential time before doing major update (an integer number update 😆)

  • The update system changes in iOS 15. Users will be able to choose to remain on the previous OS version, and still receive security updates. It’ll be a parallel setup—and hopefully no more annoying red badges.

  • Is os 14.8 ok with auria pro?

  • Stay on iOS 13. iOS 14 sucks.

  • @god said:
    Stay on iOS 13. iOS 14 sucks.

    i have no problem whatsoever on ios 14.8. ( ipad 11 2018 )

  • @mlau said:

    @god said:
    Stay on iOS 13. iOS 14 sucks.

    i have no problem whatsoever on ios 14.8. ( ipad 11 2018 )

    Same here - never really had any significant issues on any version of iOS or iPadOS, and 14.8 is working fine for me.

  • @Franketti said:
    Is os 14.8 ok with auria pro?

    All of the reporting about 14.8 indicates that it is only a security update from 14.7. This is an important security update that fixes a major vulnerability. If you are on iOS 14, then it is important to do this update.

  • edited September 14

    @god said:
    Stay on iOS 13. iOS 14 sucks.

    Not true. iPad Air 3.

  • @NeonSilicon said:

    @Franketti said:
    Is os 14.8 ok with auria pro?

    All of the reporting about 14.8 indicates that it is only a security update from 14.7. This is an important security update that fixes a major vulnerability. If you are on iOS 14, then it is important to do this update.

    My understanding is it's a major vulnerability in iMessaging only, which not everyone necessarily does on an iPad.

  • @drewfx1 said:

    @NeonSilicon said:

    @Franketti said:
    Is os 14.8 ok with auria pro?

    All of the reporting about 14.8 indicates that it is only a security update from 14.7. This is an important security update that fixes a major vulnerability. If you are on iOS 14, then it is important to do this update.

    My understanding is it's a major vulnerability in iMessaging only, which not everyone necessarily does on an iPad.

    The problem seems to be in the PDF system. It shows up as a zero-click exploit in iMessage. I don't know if it happens anywhere else, but PDF is the core of pretty much the whole of the UI on Apple systems. I wouldn't assume the problem was limited to iMessage.

  • @god said:
    Stay on iOS 13. iOS 14 sucks.

    In what way?

  • @Simon said:

    @god said:
    Stay on iOS 13. iOS 14 sucks.

    In what way?

    There is a bug that makes all my AUv3 disappear every couple of days that I have to real start my device to fix

  • edited September 14

    @god said:
    There is a bug that makes all my AUv3 disappear every couple of days that I have to real start my device to fix

    I've been using 14 for a while and not seen anything like that. All good here.

    But I've read on the Forum that some people have had that experience. I wonder what percentage of users have that problem...?

  • godgod
    edited September 14

    @Simon said:

    @god said:
    There is a bug that makes all my AUv3 disappear every couple of days that I have to real start my device to fix

    I've been using 14 for a while and not seen anything like that. All good here.

    But I've read on the Forum that some people have had that experience. I wonder what percentage of users have that problem...?

    Not big, but if you are one of the unlucky affected (like myself) things are not great as far as music making on idevice goes.

  • @god said:

    @Simon said:

    @god said:
    Stay on iOS 13. iOS 14 sucks.

    In what way?

    There is a bug that makes all my AUv3 disappear every couple of days that I have to real start my device to fix

    It should be mentioned that most people don’t ever run into this. Some people (it seems to be a small percentage of people) run into it regularly. It has never happened to me.

  • edited September 15

    ~~Just a warning around 14.8. I updated just before I tried to import Spidericemidas’ Lorentz bank - and it won’t import. I think the same is true of Redshrike.

    Or it could be something else but the correlation is there at least.~~

    Turned out to be an incomplete file download! Thanks to Satoshi for helping me diagnose the issue.

  • @god said:

    @Simon said:

    @god said:
    Stay on iOS 13. iOS 14 sucks.

    In what way?

    There is a bug that makes all my AUv3 disappear every couple of days that I have to real start my device to fix

    I read in another post that, if you have Testflight installed, turning off automatic updates solved this issue for some people.

  • @Samu said:
    The more practical fix in 14.8 is that when 15 drops it gives you an option to stay on 14.x and get the security update…

    Once 15 is out my guess is that pre 14.8 will go straight to 15.

    So those wanting to stay on 14.x better update to 14.8 asap.

    ^ Exactly this.

  • I really don't wanna take my old iPad Air 2 out of ios 13! I have purposely kept it on 13...but I don't want any cyber attacks either of course.
    Anybody else in the same boat?

  • @Scottzilla82 said:
    I really don't wanna take my old iPad Air 2 out of ios 13! I have purposely kept it on 13...but I don't want any cyber attacks either of course.
    Anybody else in the same boat?

    Yep. Went from 13 to 14 on Air 2 about 2 months ago. No problems for me.

  • @Simon said:

    @Scottzilla82 said:
    I really don't wanna take my old iPad Air 2 out of ios 13! I have purposely kept it on 13...but I don't want any cyber attacks either of course.
    Anybody else in the same boat?

    Yep. Went from 13 to 14 on Air 2 about 2 months ago. No problems for me.

    Thanks for the info. Going ahead and updating it as we speak. Better safe than sorry.

  • wimwim
    edited September 15

    I stayed on 13.7 "on principle" because I don't believe in updating to a version with a known problem that could affect me. But last week I did update because I'm still hoping that 15 will have the ability to revert to 14 if there are problems with 15. So far no issues for me on 14.8. The disappearing AUv3 thing has not happened, but I fully expect it will. I can live with having to restart my devices if that does happen.

    I'm not going for 15 for at least three months after release, and only then if it's clean. My experience is it takes at least two months for all the problems to come to the surface. I'll let the @Samu 's of the world take any bullets for me, if there are any. I'm in no rush.

    New iOS versions are an annoying but necessary evil in my eyes, nothing more.

  • @sharifkerbage said:

    @god said:

    @Simon said:

    @god said:
    Stay on iOS 13. iOS 14 sucks.

    In what way?

    There is a bug that makes all my AUv3 disappear every couple of days that I have to real start my device to fix

    I read in another post that, if you have Testflight installed, turning off automatic updates solved this issue for some people.

    Thanks. Yeah I tried that already, long time ago, didn’t work. I tried probably every suggestion brought up in this forum, to no avail. I am one of the unlucky few. Either way, I am probably going to upgrade my phone within a couple months and then with the new iOS 15 perhaps this bug will resolve itself for me as well.

  • edited September 15

    @Scottzilla82 said:

    @Simon said:

    @Scottzilla82 said:
    I really don't wanna take my old iPad Air 2 out of ios 13! I have purposely kept it on 13...but I don't want any cyber attacks either of course.
    Anybody else in the same boat?

    Yep. Went from 13 to 14 on Air 2 about 2 months ago. No problems for me.

    Thanks for the info. Going ahead and updating it as we speak. Better safe than sorry.

    Good to hear this from @Simon, @Scotzilla82 - how did it go? I’m now about to do it (I’m in the same boat, Air 2, iOS 13.7)

Sign In or Register to comment.