Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shipping problem with Korg D1 88 keys with RH3 keybed

I wanted to buy a 88 keys midi controller for my iPad. Like I always do, I spent WAY too much time analyzing all the options. I finally bought the Korg D1. My main focus was the keybed. The sounds are soso, but I don't care since I'm using it as a midi controller.

I will receive my package this week. But I read a lot of testimony of people receiving a broken keyboard. Not sure why. It can happen, but it seems to happen way more often with this keyboard.

All the negative feedback on Amazon are about the bad shipping. You also can find a lot of YouTube video of unboxing this (broken) keyboard.

Is there a problem with this keyboard? Why so many people receive a broken Korg D1 when they order it?

When I read about it, I was tempted to cancel my order and buy it at my local store.

Comments

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I wanted to buy a 88 keys midi controller for my iPad. Like I always do, I spent WAY too much time analyzing all the options. I finally bought the Korg D1. My main focus was the keybed. The sounds are soso, but I don't care since I'm using it as a midi controller.

I will receive my package this week. But I read a lot of testimony of people receiving a broken keyboard. Not sure why. It can happen, but it seems to happen way more often with this keyboard.

All the negative feedback on Amazon are about the bad shipping. You also can find a lot of YouTube video of unboxing this (broken) keyboard.

Is there a problem with this keyboard? Why so many people receive a broken Korg D1 when they order it?

When I read about it, I was tempted to cancel my order and buy it at my local store.

Why didn’t you just get it from your local store?

• @robosardine said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Yes, the smaller stores are having a tough time up against the on-line giants that have lower costs, (and avoid taxes in the case of amazon)
    I for one buy from local shops when I can. It would be sad to see them all go, but in Liverpool we only have 3 left out of 8 from 20 years ago.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @robosardine said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Not in stock. They have to special order it for me. I don't want to wait 21 days.

The store where I bought it (third party Amazon) was a small store in Ontario. They promise me a delay of 7 days.

Amazon take 15% of the sale, it's insane. I hope Amazon deal with the return at this price. I'm not sure how returns works with third party Amazon. Who pay for the return? Can I return the product without having to pay for the shipping back?

I paid a total of 950$ for the piano.

50$ for the government (taxes)
    135$ for Amazon
    50$ for the shipping

At least the profits margin is high with musical instrument. And I understand why. This allows store to offer "free" shipping.

• @Tickletiger said:

@robosardine said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Yes, the smaller stores are having a tough time up against the on-line giants that have lower costs, (and avoid taxes in the case of amazon)
    I for one buy from local shops when I can. It would be sad to see them all go, but in Liverpool we only have 3 left out of 8 from 20 years ago.

Amazon collects taxes in the USA. In my experience all returns are handled through Amazon. I have Prime so I've never paid for a return and it's easy to do. I have had a couple of items damaged in shipping and they never even got to my address. I was notified and refunded with no action required on my part.

• edited September 2021

Received my Korg D1 today. Physically mint, but 1 note make a squeaky high pitch sound. No other keys is doing that. And the noise is there each time I press the note. Small thing, but it's anoying, I have returned the keyboard. It's a bummer because the Keyboard seems to be solid. Maybe I will buy an old Yamaha CP33. I don't want to buy a keyboard online anymore. Maybe I'm just unlucky.