Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Event, September 14 2021

Comments

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Well....since the A14 in the air and the M1 were soooo close in single core for audio..

...does this mean the a15 is going to outperform the m1 for audio?
    Feel like ya got suckered yet for that m1? :p

Hehe, yah maybe, if it gets 512gigs storage

but if you get 512, you'll miss out on all the fun of icloud drive and the files app

• edited September 2021

• edited September 2021

@michael_m said:

@funjunkie27 said:
    Logic Pro for the watch! Dream big, ya know.

If the watch face is increased to about 10 times the size it currently is…

Phone -> phablet -> watchlet

@icsleepers said:
    @Samu It looks like we're getting the iPad we asked for :^) 64gb base. Happy days!

16Gb and 32gb were a joke even 10 years ago!

• @bichuelo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ervin said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I myself am hoping for a next gen iPad Mini. Hopefully something to use a gen 2 Apple Pencil with and hopefully with USB-C. I won't be jumping on the bandwagon right at the second it's released, but after a few months, I definitely want to invest in one.

+1^10. Im not excited about losing the button, but it was inevitable

I think the loss of the button and especially the headphone jack will maim the mini much more than any other ipad, because it will hurt its mobile usability which is imho its biggest attraction.

I use Bluetooth headphones and Airpods when producing and usually use swiping gestures on my current Mini to switch apps and such. I'm always concerned I'll bump the button when creating art, so the button going away would be an improvement to me, lol.

What about the latency, isn't it uncomfortable?

It won’t make a difference if your timing sucks!! Sorry, couldn’t resist! 🤭

• @Samu said:

@sevenape said:
    Does the mini have a headphone jack?

Nope...
    https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/specs/

There's a 'Dongle' for that...

Well that sucks.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    but if you get 512, you'll miss out on all the fun of icloud drive and the files app

Oooh, and usb devices that connect one day and not the next.

• @sevenape said:

@Samu said:

@sevenape said:
    Does the mini have a headphone jack?

Nope...
    https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/specs/

There's a 'Dongle' for that...

Well that sucks.

I’m probably going to buy the last ‘end of an era’ base model to have a headphone jack, regardless of whatever other devices I have. Wonder what year that will be and just how powerful it will be at that point.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @bichuelo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ervin said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I myself am hoping for a next gen iPad Mini. Hopefully something to use a gen 2 Apple Pencil with and hopefully with USB-C. I won't be jumping on the bandwagon right at the second it's released, but after a few months, I definitely want to invest in one.

+1^10. Im not excited about losing the button, but it was inevitable

I think the loss of the button and especially the headphone jack will maim the mini much more than any other ipad, because it will hurt its mobile usability which is imho its biggest attraction.

I use Bluetooth headphones and Airpods when producing and usually use swiping gestures on my current Mini to switch apps and such. I'm always concerned I'll bump the button when creating art, so the button going away would be an improvement to me, lol.

What about the latency, isn't it uncomfortable?

Drambo can fix that. 😉 Lol.

But in seriousness, it doesn't really affect me since I program my notes in a piano roll rather than perform live. If I did perform live, I'd use the dongle. :)

• @pedro said:

@Simon said:
    I guess if you want to upgrade your iPad to the last version of iOS14 you better do it today before Apple flicks the switch to disable iOS14 downloads. In a few days you'll only be able to download iOS15...

Thanks for the headsup but the upgrade asks for 3.5Gb I don’t have free. It’s an air 2, should I worry? I’m on 14.4. Do I make an effort?

If you are on 14.4, the 14.7 updates have improved some performance issues for some.

• Thank Bootsy and the whole funky Clinton gang that the new watch didn't wow me and there was no new Mac Mini. My wallet only needs to stretch to the new iPad Mini 6 (my old mini is feeling the strain). Hadn't expected a new Mini quite yet; very pleasant surprise.

• The phone upgrades are pretty incremental (which suits me fine as I have a Pro Max) but one thing that stood out was the deceptive marketing of the telephoto lens. They describe it as “3x optical zoom” but it’s not a zoom lens, it’s a fixed lens that’s 3x longer than the default wide lens (77mm vs 26mm). It’s only slightly longer than the previous generation (65mm).

• edited September 2021

@pedro said:
    Thanks for the headsup but the upgrade asks for 3.5Gb I don’t have free. It’s an air 2, should I worry? I’m on 14.4. Do I make an effort?

I think I read on the Forum that 14.8 "only" contains an important security update. So, how secure do you feel? It's up to you.

• edited September 2021

@gregsmith said:
    I’m due a new iPhone this year - always nice to have a faster one to run more apps without crackles, and a battery that lasts longer, but my god, what happened to their designers? Nothing of any real note for years now!

Where’s the folding iPhone with double the screen size? Phone that isn’t made of glass so you don’t need to ruin it with a case anymore? Phone that is also a mini projector? Glasses free 3D screen? I remember when each iPhone was a significant design improvement. Now they just roll out the same slightly faster phone each year 🤷‍♂️

If it wasn’t for the music stuff I’d probably start to look elsewhere.

You know that a folding single screen phone (like Samsung’s just introduced POS) is not going to be very durable, right?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/common-samsung-galaxy-z-flip-3-problems-how-to-solve/

• @NeuM said:

@gregsmith said:
    I’m due a new iPhone this year - always nice to have a faster one to run more apps without crackles, and a battery that lasts longer, but my god, what happened to their designers? Nothing of any real note for years now!

Where’s the folding iPhone with double the screen size? Phone that isn’t made of glass so you don’t need to ruin it with a case anymore? Phone that is also a mini projector? Glasses free 3D screen? I remember when each iPhone was a significant design improvement. Now they just roll out the same slightly faster phone each year 🤷‍♂️

If it wasn’t for the music stuff I’d probably start to look elsewhere.

You know that a folding single screen phone (like Samsung’s just introduced POS) is not going to be very durable, right?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/common-samsung-galaxy-z-flip-3-problems-how-to-solve/

I was being a bit facetious. I just remember the days when each new iphone release was super exciting. I feel like the last 3 iphones I’ve had have basically been exactly the same but slightly faster and with a slightly better battery and camera.

• In the past this would have been called the iPhone 12S and only been expected to be an incremental update based on Apple’s usual two year sorta refresh rate. I hear you though, kinda feels like we’ve taken the form factor as far as it can really go.

• Silly me - going to ”upgrade” my iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB to a new shiny ditto with 512GB, why, Macrophotography!

• The most annoying with the Apple Keynote yesterday:

Now we have Pro iPads with M1 CPUs, terrabytes with storage, 16GB RAM, True color display, mouse support, a new slim update to iPads - iPadOS15, BUT, no Pro-apps in the sights???

I paid $1100 to upgrade from 2020 iPad Pro 12.9” (256GB/4G) to an M1 ditto with more storage - BUT, no differences in performances, the same apps, the same speed… I’m fooled…

We can forget more Pro apps on the iPad platform - we’re still just left the Fart-apps from yesterdays…

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    I paid $1100 to upgrade from 2020 iPad Pro 12.9” (256GB/4G) to an M1 ditto with more storage - BUT, no differences in performances, the same apps, the same speed… I’m fooled…

The traditional thing to do is select the software you need AND THEN buy the hardware needed to run it.

You did it the other way around....

• edited September 2021

@ErrkaPetti said:
    The most annoying with the Apple Keynote yesterday:

Now we have Pro iPads with M1 CPUs, terrabytes with storage, 16GB RAM, True color display, mouse support, a new slim update to iPads - iPadOS15, BUT, no Pro-apps in the sights???

We can forget more Pro apps on the iPad platform - we’re still just left the Fart-apps from yesterdays…

Totally agree for me, it was the most annoying keynote ever. Better screen, better image better refresh and gorgeous
    display, and so on during one hour and a half…
    The only interesting thing is the iPhone 13 pro camera.

• @Simon said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

The traditional thing to do is select the software you need AND THEN buy the hardware needed to run it.

You did it the other way around....

Or just buy the real hardware - no glitches, no crackles, lasts for 20+ years!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    The most annoying with the Apple Keynote yesterday:

The reason why I buy iPad only once in 5+ years. iPhone maybe 7+ years.

• Apple-Yawn-event-Yawn-Lucky-13-bugs-Apple.

• I'm curious to know what do Apple have right now in reserve. Do they already have the iPhone 14 ready to be announce in 6 months? Do they already have the M2 chip in the closet for the summer of 2022?

The incremental of the speed of their processors is tighter than my old watch. It's impossible not to be staged or controlled.

If their were selling the new thing, the new thing would not always be just a little bit better than the previous version.

• edited September 2021

@MobileMusic said:
    Or just buy the real hardware - no glitches, no crackles, lasts for 20+ years!

Except most of us are using apps that don't exist in hardware versions - and if they did they would cost a fortune as hardware. Software is inexpensive.

• So is supporting that software given the number of apps that seem to be abandoned over the years.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

So much whining in this thread. 😂

Shit people, I’m just sitting here having a blast with my apps that each cost less than a burger, on my device that has vastly entertained me several hours a day for over seven years and except for battery battery life and occasional OS screwups that eventually get fixed, works better and better every year … for free. 😎

Y’all be over thinking life people. 😎❤️

• I don’t understand what makes people get the latest of iOS / device every single year. I’ve seen Apple users be like that, but I thought the average user here is not necessarily like that.
    iPhone camera as a reason..? That’s a bad joke... still don’t know why to go 14, yet 15... oh yeah my Air3 on 13.7 brings down economies worldwide, while I’m accused of fearmongering... 🙄

• @wim said:
    So much whining in this thread. 😂

Shit people, I’m just sitting here having a blast with my apps that each cost less than a burger, on my device that has vastly entertained me several hours a day for over seven years and except for battery battery life and occasional OS screwups that eventually get fixed, works better and better every year. 😎

Y’all be over thinking life people. 😎❤️

I’m with you there. I simply don’t have enough popcorn to sit through any more of this thread so…goodnight all!