Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Event, September 14 2021

Comments

• @NeuM said:

@ruggedsmooth said:
    New “retro” models announced with headphone jacks and physical home buttons :D

Good lord, I'd buy that.

No keyboard. Just scrollwheel input....

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@NeuM said:

@ruggedsmooth said:
    New “retro” models announced with headphone jacks and physical home buttons :D

Good lord, I'd buy that.

No keyboard. Just scrollwheel input....

:D lol the iTrack or the iScroll

• @ervin said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I myself am hoping for a next gen iPad Mini. Hopefully something to use a gen 2 Apple Pencil with and hopefully with USB-C. I won't be jumping on the bandwagon right at the second it's released, but after a few months, I definitely want to invest in one.

+1^10. Im not excited about losing the button, but it was inevitable

I think the loss of the button and especially the headphone jack will maim the mini much more than any other ipad, because it will hurt its mobile usability which is imho its biggest attraction.

I use Bluetooth headphones and Airpods when producing and usually use swiping gestures on my current Mini to switch apps and such. I'm always concerned I'll bump the button when creating art, so the button going away would be an improvement to me, lol.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I use Bluetooth headphones and Airpods when producing and usually use swiping gestures on my current Mini to switch apps and such.

Do you do all your Gadget tracks on an iPad mini?

• edited September 2021

@Samu said:

@MobileMusic said:
    Logic Pro for iPad!

Sure Logic for iPad would be nice especially if it's 'free' for those who already have it on their Mac...
    ...but I'd much rather see Apple focusing on fixing the annoying bugs that are still present in Logic on the Mac.

I guess @MobileMusic was just joking, nobody sane believes it will ever happen :lol:

@funjunkie27 said:
    Logic Pro for the watch! Dream big, ya know.

Just a tiny bit more unrealistic than Logic Pro for iPad lol

• iPhone Flip.
    Foldable iWatch.

• Headphone jacks on all Pro hardware. Please?

• @gothamoddisee said:
    Headphone jacks on all Pro hardware. Please?

Thumbs up.

• edited September 2021

New iPads announced...

-iPad: A13 chip... improved 12MP FaceTime camera... still has a Home button (!)... 10.2" screen... starting from $329 with more storage.

-iPad mini: Now has magnetic attachment for Pencil... no Home button... 4 different color cases... 8.3" display... Touch ID power button... faster CPU & GPU... USB-C port... 5G cell phone radio... 12MP camera, front and back... new stereo audio in landscape orientation... 5 colors... starting from $499, available next week.

• HELL YEAH! iPad Mini has USB-C now! And bigger screen size. Unfuckingreal! 😱 And Apple Pencil 2 from the initial trailer by the look of it.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    HELL YEAH! iPad Mini has USB-C now! And bigger screen size. Unfuckingreal! 😱 And Apple Pencil 2 from the initial trailer by the look of it.

Pleased there was no new Pencil to buy!

• edited September 2021

New Apple Watch, Series 7...

-New cycling exercise feature... Bigger display, 20% larger... case and display have new softer curve on edges... 70% brighter display... Full keyboard on display for texts (!)... stronger crystal on the face... 33% faster charging (40 minutes recharging from 0%)... 5 new colors, plus the older colors... new very, very expensive leather straps... starting at $399, available in the Fall...

• @Samu It looks like we're getting the iPad we asked for :^) 64gb base. Happy days!

• @icsleepers said:
    @Samu It looks like we're getting the iPad we asked for :^) 64gb base. Happy days!

Yeah, hope it does come with a laminated screen...
    ...time will tell once the Apple site is up again.

• edited September 2021

New iPhone...

-iPhone 13 and 13 mini (these are the standard models)... diagonally arranged dual rear facing cameras, 12MP... bigger battery... OLED display... A15 chip (5nm)... Cinematic Mode for camera (even has rack focus and follow focus)... 5G cell service compatible... Mini starting from $699, the regular 13 from $699.

A solid update for their middle of the road iPhone line.

(Also, the ad looks like it was directed by Edgar Wright.)

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    HELL YEAH! iPad Mini has USB-C now! And bigger screen size. Unfuckingreal! 😱 And Apple Pencil 2 from the initial trailer by the look of it.

Pleased there was no new Pencil to buy!

Me too. :)

• edited September 2021

New iPhone13 Pro and Pro Max...

-4 color finishes (including a very nice blue)... bigger batteries... new Super Retina XDR display, with ProMotion (adaptive refresh rate up to 120Hz), 6.1" and 6.7"... A15 Bionic chip, 5 core GPU... 77 mm zoom lens, other improvements to cameras, better macro photography... Night Mode on all lenses (finally)... looks like some nice subtle improvements to the photo editing UI also... prices start at $999 for the Pro, $1099 for the Pro Max. Adding 1TB storage option. Pre-order this Friday.

• When is iOS 15 out?

• @dvi said:
    When is iOS 15 out?

September 20

• Does the mini have a headphone jack?

• edited September 2021

@sevenape said:
    Does the mini have a headphone jack?

Nope...
    https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/specs/

There's a 'Dongle' for that...

• @NoiseFloored said:

@dvi said:
    When is iOS 15 out?

September 20

Thanks! There’s not much that seems revolutionary, but the multitasking menu and the safari improvements look interesting. Hopefully my iPad Air 3 will not suffer much from it.

I wonder if the Swift playgrounds stuff will have immediate-ish music applications? I could learn a thing or two by looking at the Spectrum code.

• I’m due a new iPhone this year - always nice to have a faster one to run more apps without crackles, and a battery that lasts longer, but my god, what happened to their designers? Nothing of any real note for years now!

Where’s the folding iPhone with double the screen size? Phone that isn’t made of glass so you don’t need to ruin it with a case anymore? Phone that is also a mini projector? Glasses free 3D screen? I remember when each iPhone was a significant design improvement. Now they just roll out the same slightly faster phone each year 🤷‍♂️

If it wasn’t for the music stuff I’d probably start to look elsewhere.

• @Samu said:

@sevenape said:
    Does the mini have a headphone jack?

Nope...
    https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/specs/

There's a 'Dongle' for that...

Much sadness.

• Well....since the A14 in the air and the M1 were soooo close in single core for audio..

...does this mean the a15 is going to outperform the m1 for audio?
    Feel like ya got suckered yet for that m1? :p

• @Simon said:
    I guess if you want to upgrade your iPad to the last version of iOS14 you better do it today before Apple flicks the switch to disable iOS14 downloads. In a few days you'll only be able to download iOS15...

Thanks for the headsup but the upgrade asks for 3.5Gb I don’t have free. It’s an air 2, should I worry? I’m on 14.4. Do I make an effort?

• @gregsmith said:
    Where’s the folding iPhone with double the screen size? Phone that isn’t made of glass so you don’t need to ruin it with a case anymore? Phone that is also a mini projector? Glasses free 3D screen? I remember when each iPhone was a significant design improvement. Now they just roll out the same slightly faster phone each year 🤷‍♂️

Technology advances at its pace, not yours.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ervin said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I myself am hoping for a next gen iPad Mini. Hopefully something to use a gen 2 Apple Pencil with and hopefully with USB-C. I won't be jumping on the bandwagon right at the second it's released, but after a few months, I definitely want to invest in one.

+1^10. Im not excited about losing the button, but it was inevitable

I think the loss of the button and especially the headphone jack will maim the mini much more than any other ipad, because it will hurt its mobile usability which is imho its biggest attraction.

I use Bluetooth headphones and Airpods when producing and usually use swiping gestures on my current Mini to switch apps and such. I'm always concerned I'll bump the button when creating art, so the button going away would be an improvement to me, lol.

What about the latency, isn't it uncomfortable?

• @pedro said:

@Simon said:
    I guess if you want to upgrade your iPad to the last version of iOS14 you better do it today before Apple flicks the switch to disable iOS14 downloads. In a few days you'll only be able to download iOS15...

Thanks for the headsup but the upgrade asks for 3.5Gb I don’t have free. It’s an air 2, should I worry? I’m on 14.4. Do I make an effort?

Going to 14.8 shouldn't require that much, for me 14.8 was ~300MB download (I was already on 14.7).
    Usually the system cleans up temporary files when the space is needed.

Sometimes it's enough to offload some apps that are not in use that are 'storage hogs' (in case you have pages, keynote, numbers, iMovie, or GarageBand installed as an example saves you 2-3GB) those can be offloaded without loosing any data.

Other 'cleanups tips' are clearing the cache of social media apps if you have installed, FB, Messenger, Spotify etc.
    (I saved about 3GB by manually clearing out Cubasis cache folders with Files.app a few weeks back as one example).

Next Monday we'll see how much iPadOS15 needs...
    I've got about 10GB free on my iPad Air 2 after my 'app cleanup'(ie. delete apps that I no longer use or need) and I don't miss any of them :sunglasses: