Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Breaking on the Moon

edited May 2014 in Creations

I wanted to use Alchemy Iceland Cave Kit more, here is the combined result with other apps. Saturday night "rock" music, hope you enjoy. headphones or half.

Auria, Alchemy, VirtualANS, Crystalline, SapronoTron, Bs-16i, Audio Mastering, PSP, MasterFX, Final Touch, Echo Pad, Turnado, WOW...I know I'm missing something, but you get the picture. I was going for fierce flicker (first half) into a slow burn (second half) transition thing starting at about 2:13 completing around 3:37 mark.

Comments

• Really enjoyed your track, thanks. Very .... 'tidal'? Great full sound. Are the drums from Alchemy? I was wondering what to invest in next and am now thinking of sound packs in Alchemy. Although I really like the soprano moment in the middle! Mmmh, choices.

• edited May 2014

@Fitz Thanks! the full sound is something I've been working on lately, layered sounds. I have to create the mold in order to shatter it.

Yeah, the drums are Alchemy Iceland pack 100% hand played, 2 layers never repeating, ever changing. I don't have them all but Himalayan Vintage (lead synth on this track) and Guitar Mutations are among my personal favorites in Alchemy.

Sopranotron has an amazing sound, especially with reverb, shimmer or delay behind it. It runs through most of the song in a lower register blending in with some of the other synths at times.

Picture this; A Backspin of planetary procession, a Windmill into the MilkeyWay, the Worm on the Moon.

• Looking for feedback on sound from about 3:00 onwards or the mix in general. Got any?

• Sounds like a bunch of krautrock veterans tripping in a cathedral. I loved it! I don't think I could give you any advice on the overall tone of the mix, since it is almost unique. It should not work, but it does. There's a synth that comes in at 2:46 that sounds a bit accidental to me. I'd have taken it back by about 5dB or faded it in. Other than that, brilliant!

• edited May 2014

Are the drums coming in loud enough?

@periurban Thanks! I checked out some of your work, awesome, liked the guitar tone and playing on skydive! I think you mean accidental as in exception to the key or "oh shit" I better play something here? This is the synth's outro before oblivion, too sharp ya think? All improv, so accidents do happen; I just kind of wag it out there like the tounge of a dog on a hot day.

VirualANS actually plays a big role in the full sound but looses something in file compression.

If anyone wants to add/replace or remix, I can send the stem mixes.

• This is great work . I really enjoyed the intro...

• Many thanks, it's being remixed. stems are still available if interested.