Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How many pickups is too many

2»

Comments

• I’ve found that pickup replacement can be hit or miss. It can be so dependent on the guitar’s body wood, neck, etc.

Back to the topic: I have a pink Reverend guitar with 3 P90s.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@ocelot said:
    @GovernorSilver Is the SS hollow with just a block under the bridge and tailpiece, or does the center block run the full length of the body like a 335 or 339? Thanks.

Good to know about the Mini DC's neck dive, been eyeing that one too.

I may not be able to resist this Gretsch G2655 for $400 new.

The Gretsch looks nice.

I did think about returning the Mini DC to Sweetwater, but ended up keeping it, because I like its tones too much. It was a scratch-and-dent discount special anyway.

Even when I was thinking "damn the neck wants to go down" when I first played it, I ended up playing it for hours. I work around the heavier-than-body neck a number of ways - an extra loop of the cable around the strap, close to the body-side strap pin - resting the forearm on the top of the body, resting the forearm on the side of the body, supporting the neck with the fretting hand (ok for gripping a chord while strumming repeatedly, or going for a nice bluesy bend without any intention of making a quick transition to another part of the neck)... the body is so small and light that my forearm doesn't fatigue from long contact with the body like on some of my bigger body guitars.

The SS models with the stop tailpiece had full length center blocks. The ones with stairstep tailpieces like mine have the shorter blocks - I can look into one f-hole and see other one through it.

Good to know about the D'Angelico construction. I bet one with a full-length center block would perform better with a 13-pin system. Thanks.

Wish Gibson hadn't discontinued the ES-139 so quickly. GC blew them out for $1000 or $1500 iirc.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I’ve found that pickup replacement can be hit or miss. It can be so dependent on the guitar’s body wood, neck, etc.

First run, or a late model Reverend?

• @mistercharlie said:
    I’ve found that pickup replacement can be hit or miss. It can be so dependent on the guitar’s body wood, neck, etc.

Jetstream 390?

That was the first guitar I bought after my bandmates asked me to switch from bass to 2nd guitar, so that someone else could join as bassist. It was my main guitar until I started buying American Fenders.

• @ocelot said:

The SS models with the stop tailpiece had full length center blocks. The ones with stairstep tailpieces like mine have the shorter blocks - I can look into one f-hole and see other one through it.

Good to know about the D'Angelico construction. I bet one with a full-length center block would perform better with a 13-pin system. Thanks.

Wish Gibson hadn't discontinued the ES-139 so quickly. GC blew them out for $1000 or $1500 iirc.

I should note that the stairstep tailpiece can introduce some unexpected harmonics/ringing tones, because of the length of string behind the bridge.

That said, Pat Metheny used a MIDI system with his hollowbody guitar (not the Roland GR-303 synth guitar) for the Orchestrion project. His hollowbody also has a tailpiece with strings stretched behind the bridge. When I saw him live, he was triggering one of the Orchestrion robots to play mallet instrument from his guitar without much perceptible latency.

I've been working on my piano skills of late, so I'm not likely to delve much into MIDI guitar anytime soon but its fun to play with.

• @ocelot @GovernorSilver Exactly—the shell pink Jetstream 390. Killer guitar, and the Reverend P90s are just great.

• Love the resonant Reverend bodies + Wilkinson 2-point trems. Haven't had one in years, but am intrigued again.

Gov, a string damper shouldn't be too difficult to make if the overtones disrupt tracking.
    But I'm still undecided on which guitar to transplant the RMC electronics into.
    1 guitar with at least 3 pups and the RMC has been my dream for too long.

• @ocelot said:
    Love the resonant Reverend bodies + Wilkinson 2-point trems. Haven't had one in years, but am intrigued again.

Gov, a string damper shouldn't be too difficult to make if the overtones disrupt tracking.
    But I'm still undecided on which guitar to transplant the RMC electronics into.
    1 guitar with at least 3 pups and the RMC has been my dream for too long.

I have 3-pack of GruvGear fret wraps that I bought on sale. Much less troublesome to put on and off than another string dampener that i bought. Low cost too. I see them used quite often in guitar videos.

Some guitarists put the fretwrap or scrunchie on the strings behind the nut and swear by that.
    https://guitargearfinder.com/guides/string-dampeners-and-fret-wraps/

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

It’s probably just me but I always tought this guy silly antic we’re detrimental to the band.

• edited September 2021

Being silly is inherent to rock and roll, from the very beginning, starting with the piano antics of Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard, Chuck Berry's duck walk, Mick Jagger doing what he does, etc.

Except of course the rockers who don't believe humor, or the very idea of fun for that matter, belongs in rock. I was gonna call out goth rockers, but then remembered a fair number of them actually have fun and laugh offstage.

• Thanks Gov, GruvGear should look better than a foam or a sponge. :smiley:

• Guitar with special pickup with CV outs! €4500.