Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Channels Default View? How to Open Session to First Channel?

I have lots of Channels in my AUM sessions. When I open a session, I want it to open showing the first channel. But when I open a session it scrolls all the way over to the last channel. I can toggle between the first and last channel using the bookmarks and then using the Home button. But I want the session to automatically open showing the first channel (far left side). How do I do this??

Comments

• I think your only option is to request @j_liljedahl to add it as a feature.

I came up with a hack involving a Mozaic script, but it's more trouble than the two taps to get "home" is worth.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

Why not just put what you want to focus on in the last channel? Order of channels in AUM doesn't affect anything.

I know ... I like to have flow organized left to right too. But there's nothing saying you have to do that.

• Hi, @ soundog.
    This method will only make sense right after you have started the AUM application.

Touch the left side of the AUM screen with the finger of your left hand and slide that finger slightly to the right.
    Without releasing your left hand finger from the screen, load the session with your right hand finger.
    When you release the finger of your left hand, it will warp to the left.
    (I think this is the most useless life hack. Please forget about it)

• @cramdog - nice method, but I'm using MIDI to change my sessions during gigs.
    @wim - I think redoing my channels right to left is the only choice I have; I just thought I may have missed something. Dang it. I arrange mixers with the primary stuff starting on the left, so I'm really surprised that AUM doesn't at least open to a bookmark.

• @soundog said:
    @cramdog - nice method, but I'm using MIDI to change my sessions during gigs.
    @wim - I think redoing my channels right to left is the only choice I have; I just thought I may have missed something. Dang it. I arrange mixers with the primary stuff starting on the left, so I'm really surprised that AUM doesn't at least open to a bookmark.

I'll make a note about it and see what I can do!

• edited September 2021

You could place a bookmark on the first channel and use that to move to/from the channel you need?

Active bookmarks should show in bottom right corner of AUM.

**forget that, I should have read your post in more detail.***