Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mac High Sierra password nag popups on install

Hi,

I'm trying to install a lot of Izotope products on my MacAir (High Sierra 10.13.6), using Izotope's Product Portal app, but it installs some files, then an admin password screen pops up asking if its ok to make changes to enter a password - how do I turn this off? (I don't want to have to babysit the multiple things that I need to install, as this msg pops up for each item that needs installing - Yes, it doesn't remember I just put in the password)

I've tried searching System preferences (Security & Privacy, & User & Groups) and turning off needing passwords, etc & I am listed as the administrator, yet still this popup keeps happening..If anyone knows how to disable this annoyance, so I can just install these softwares that'd be great, coz I feel like I've tried everything..

Thanks for reading, wishing you all the best :)

Comments

• I don't have a solution for you but I think it is a Mac thing designed to stop apps secretly modifying your base system without the user being aware - in other words, a security feature.

I know you don't like it but I'm glad it does this.

• Itโ€™s the way all Unix variants work - you need elevated access to write to certain locations in the file system.

• Thanks for the replies ๐Ÿ‘

I still would like an option to turn this off temporarily in Settings, so I can download/install software without babysitting, but anyways..

Thanks again ๐ŸŒˆ

• Enable and log in as root for you installs.

• @gdog said:
    Thanks for the replies ๐Ÿ‘

I still would like an option to turn this off temporarily in Settings, so I can download/install software without babysitting, but anyways..

Thanks again ๐ŸŒˆ

Have you turned on the option to allow installation of known developers? The default security setting is App Store apps only.

• Itโ€™s either the Gatekeeper or itโ€™s Security and Privacy preferences if itโ€™s asking for changes.

You can try the commands in this video to see if you prefer it this way, assuming the installation files are .pkg files. .dmg files should just have you drag it into the applications folder and not require a password. I will warn that the steps in this video are actually more than just putting in your password.

• @gdog said:
    Thanks for the replies ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks again ๐ŸŒˆ

If the installer gives you the option to install for your user, then it should be possible to do the install in your home library (~/Library). If you can choose this option, then you wouldn't have to give the password for each install. This should be possible because macOS has ~/Library/Audio/Plug-ins as a standard install location. I don't know if Izotope enables this but they should. The permission popup should only happen if you are installing to the system level /Library/Audio location. For security purposes, you really shouldn't try to get around this protection.

• Thanks again for all the replies ๐Ÿ‘

FYI, I couldnโ€™t figure it, so just babysat the process - it didnโ€™t take super long in the end - Itโ€™s just so weird that I canโ€™t turn off passwords while installing, then turn it back on after installation - never had that issue with other OSs..

..Anyways itโ€™s done now - Iโ€™m looking forward to testing out my new izotope stuff ๐Ÿ˜บ thanks again everyone, all the best! ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽธ