Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I just Fell For a Lie - collaboration with JanKun (Indie/Shoegaze)

edited September 2021 in Creations

This is a song of mine that has been beautifully embellished with some terrific edgy guitar from @JanKun (to which he also added a couple of additional production touches). I'm delighted with his contribution, it's really added a weird and beautiful quality to the song.

Comments

  • I've tweaked the mix a bit to make it less dark. Not too many shoegaze fans around these days though...

  • puts his hand up

    Here’s one.

    :smile:

  • I’ve listened to it now as well. Really nice stuff - beautifully dreamy. I wish I’d heard the darker version…

  • Great work. But a 2nd vote for the darker version…

  • Love this. I’ve reposted on SC and sent link to my Sister, I know she’ll appreciate it too. Lush pads, dreamy vocals and nice washes of guitar. Excellent work! 👏👏

  • @qryss said:
    I’ve listened to it now as well. Really nice stuff - beautifully dreamy. I wish I’d heard the darker version…

    @Svetlovska said:
    Great work. But a 2nd vote for the darker version…

    Thanks for the listen :) I might return to the mix and bring back some of the darkness.

  • @Spidericemidas said:
    Love this. I’ve reposted on SC and sent link to my Sister, I know she’ll appreciate it too. Lush pads, dreamy vocals and nice washes of guitar. Excellent work! 👏👏

    Thanks! The guitar is all down to @JanKun who took my rather insipid arrangement and took it to the next level.

  • Good to see some great AF fellas like @Spidericemidas @Svetlovska @qryss giving this track the love it deserves !

    The songwriting is so good and crystal clear, that It's been a breeze working on this song @richardyot. Your original arrangement was far from insipid, I just added a few spices I like. Glad you liked them too. I especially like how you blended the small choir I recorded with the synth pad and make the result sounds like an atmospheric pad of its own !
    There are a lot of great musicians on this forum. We all should collaborate more !

  • @JanKun You two should do more together! This worked out really nicely! 👍👍

  • edited September 2021

    @Spidericemidas said:
    @JanKun You two should do more together! This worked out really nicely! 👍👍

    Yes I'm hoping to persuade JanKun to collaborate with me more regularly. I want my music to have a blend of edginess and beauty and I think he shares that same aesthetic.

    I've updated the mix and it's a bit darker again.

  • @richardyot, looking> @richardyot said:

    @Spidericemidas said:
    @JanKun You two should do more together! This worked out really nicely! 👍👍

    Yes I'm hoping to persuade JanKun to collaborate with me more regularly. I want my music to have a blend of edginess and beauty and I think he shares that same aesthetic.

    I've updated the mix and it's a bit darker again.

    I won't be hard to convince 😉

  • I submitted this song to be considered by BBC Radio Kent a couple of months ago, and it's going to be played on the radio on Wednesday evening 👍

  • @richardyot said:
    I submitted this song to be considered by BBC Radio Kent a couple of months ago, and it's going to be played on the radio on Wednesday evening 👍

    Hey that’s really cool. Congratulations! Nice work on the track.

  • @Dav said:

    @richardyot said:
    I submitted this song to be considered by BBC Radio Kent a couple of months ago, and it's going to be played on the radio on Wednesday evening 👍

    Hey that’s really cool. Congratulations! Nice work on the track.

    Thanks! I'm genuinely excited to hear one of my songs on the radio tonight.

    I told my wife and my kids, the kids demanded to hear the track - the youngest (13) said it was terrible, but the eldest (16) was kinder, and said it was one of my "least bad" songs. 🤣

    I'm not sure how the listening public in Kent will react, I guess it depends on whether they're into edgy shoegaze or not.

  • @richardyot said:

    @Dav said:

    @richardyot said:
    I submitted this song to be considered by BBC Radio Kent a couple of months ago, and it's going to be played on the radio on Wednesday evening 👍

    Hey that’s really cool. Congratulations! Nice work on the track.

    Thanks! I'm genuinely excited to hear one of my songs on the radio tonight.

    I told my wife and my kids, the kids demanded to hear the track - the youngest (13) said it was terrible, but the eldest (16) was kinder, and said it was one of my "least bad" songs. 🤣

    I'm not sure how the listening public in Kent will react, I guess it depends on whether they're into edgy shoegaze or not.

    What did you wife say?

  • @JanKun said:

    @richardyot said:

    @Dav said:

    @richardyot said:
    I submitted this song to be considered by BBC Radio Kent a couple of months ago, and it's going to be played on the radio on Wednesday evening 👍

    Hey that’s really cool. Congratulations! Nice work on the track.

    Thanks! I'm genuinely excited to hear one of my songs on the radio tonight.

    I told my wife and my kids, the kids demanded to hear the track - the youngest (13) said it was terrible, but the eldest (16) was kinder, and said it was one of my "least bad" songs. 🤣

    I'm not sure how the listening public in Kent will react, I guess it depends on whether they're into edgy shoegaze or not.

    What did you wife say?

    She tells me I have a "scratchy" voice 😮

  • @richardyot said:

    @JanKun said:

    @richardyot said:

    @Dav said:

    @richardyot said:
    I submitted this song to be considered by BBC Radio Kent a couple of months ago, and it's going to be played on the radio on Wednesday evening 👍

    Hey that’s really cool. Congratulations! Nice work on the track.

    Thanks! I'm genuinely excited to hear one of my songs on the radio tonight.

    I told my wife and my kids, the kids demanded to hear the track - the youngest (13) said it was terrible, but the eldest (16) was kinder, and said it was one of my "least bad" songs. 🤣

    I'm not sure how the listening public in Kent will react, I guess it depends on whether they're into edgy shoegaze or not.

    What did you wife say?

    She tells me I have a "scratchy" voice 😮

    https://giphy.com/gifs/wetv-omg-flirty-yoJC2B1sHdXJjPTnEs

  • edited January 12

    I like this. It reminds me of a newly discovered Pink Floyd track.

  • Sorry for the late reply, but this sounds great. I have been listening to it over and over.
    You fellas did excellent work!

  • @JeffChasteen said:
    Sorry for the late reply, but this sounds great. I have been listening to it over and over.
    You fellas did excellent work!

    Hey thanks - there's no greater compliment than repeated listens! 🙏

  • My track closed the show, and I had to screengrab the "recent tracks" feed because it was just too funny:

    One thing I've learned from the experience though is that if I ever submit something to the radio again I need to master it so it's loud. You can't compete on the radio if you master to -14LUFS, that's for sure.

Sign In or Register to comment.