Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Toneboosters Flowtones Downloadable Patches

Comments

• @ervin said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@NeuM said:
    I’m thinking about making a series of Flowtones uploads of 5 to 10 sounds each, one for Bass patches, another for Strings, another for Pads, another for Sound FX, etc. so people can just download the sounds they’re interested in.

I’ll make this my next assignment.

Also, a request to @DJB

Would it be possible to add a pop-up “Notes” field to patch descriptions so people could add maybe no more than 3-5 sentences about their patches?

Additional notes from the artist/creator might include © or a personal site link featuring their other work.

That’s a good suggestion. You can do that in Audiokit’s Digital D1 and Synth One. A little description for example on how best to use/play the patch, how it works, or what inspired it etc, is very helpful sometimes and always a fun thing to have.

Also in Syntronik, and (at least in some of) the Moog synths. Very helpful.

(Is there a way to mark favourite presets in FT by the way?)

Not yet. That would also be extremely helpful.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Here’s one that wasn’t shared by @richardyot but has the same pack name, so not sure if they are the same or not. It has 16 patches was posted by another forum member.

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/c8/2ymar5u95lkv.zip

Yeah, I think that one was reposted by that person without Richard’s permission. If I’m wrong, I’ll retract my comment.

Should I remove this link?

Yes, Richard prefers his direct link instead of this other one. Thanks, @Poppadocrock.

• @NeuM said:

@ervin said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@NeuM said:
    I’m thinking about making a series of Flowtones uploads of 5 to 10 sounds each, one for Bass patches, another for Strings, another for Pads, another for Sound FX, etc. so people can just download the sounds they’re interested in.

I’ll make this my next assignment.

Also, a request to @DJB

Would it be possible to add a pop-up “Notes” field to patch descriptions so people could add maybe no more than 3-5 sentences about their patches?

Additional notes from the artist/creator might include © or a personal site link featuring their other work.

That’s a good suggestion. You can do that in Audiokit’s Digital D1 and Synth One. A little description for example on how best to use/play the patch, how it works, or what inspired it etc, is very helpful sometimes and always a fun thing to have.

Also in Syntronik, and (at least in some of) the Moog synths. Very helpful.

(Is there a way to mark favourite presets in FT by the way?)

Not yet. That would also be extremely helpful.

Thank you.

• I’m having a problem getting these. Download says “open in”, but Flowtones doesn’t appear as an option. What ami doing wrong?

• edited September 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    I’m having a problem getting these. Download says “open in”, but Flowtones doesn’t appear as an option. What ami doing wrong?

Do you have an option to download? It might be a browser setting? I just checked using my Safari browser and it immediately downloads to the desktop on macOS and in iOS (again, using Safari browser) it offers to download the ZIP file...

Maybe check the browser defaults?

• @Neum, yes, it downloads to files. How do I get them to Flowtones?

• edited September 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    @Neum, yes, it downloads to files. How do I get them to Flowtones?

1. OK, then open Flowtones.

2. Tap on the name of the current preset to open the “Load program” window.

3. From the “Load program” window there is a “Import” button on the lower left which you can click on and then import the ZIP file.

And that should do it.

• @richardyot said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Here’s one that wasn’t shared by @richardyot but has the same pack name, so not sure if they are the same or not. It has 16 patches was posted by another forum member.

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/c8/2ymar5u95lkv.zip

Yeah, I think that one was reposted by that person without Richard’s permission. If I’m wrong, I’ll retract my comment.

Should I remove this link?

Yeah I would prefer to just link directly to mine.

Yes sir. On it.

• I think I removed it. I removed the post in which I shared it but I can’t speak for the person who originally shared the presets. If you see anything I missed @richardyot let me know and I’ll happily remove it. Cheers mate.

• @NeuM , this is what I get when I tap on files and import...

• For some reason I’m getting tagged in this thread?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @NeuM , this is what I get when I tap on files and import...

Hmm. That's a new one... Maybe someone else could offer some suggestions?

• @NeuM said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @NeuM , this is what I get when I tap on files and import...

Hmm. That's a new one... Maybe someone else could offer some suggestions?

I had to unzip the file then create a new folder inside the "TB Flowtones Patches by QL" folder. You can name the folder anything you like. I just named mine "Presets". Then you take all of the xml presets and drag them inside of the new folder you created. Then rezip everything back up into a new zip file. Then you just import your new zip file that you made.

There might be a simpler way but this is what worked for me. Hope it helps.

Ned

• Thank you @NedDub. Do you have to unzip it in something like Audioshare or can it be unzipped in files. Then download one at a time to Flowtones?

• edited September 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    Thank you @NedDub. Do you have to unzip it in something like Audioshare or can it be unzipped in files. Then download one at a time to Flowtones?

I'm not sure how you would do it on iOS. I just moved the zip file over to my computer and reconfigured it all on there, then I moved it back to my iPad and imported it from there. Maybe someone else could chime in about zip management on iOS. Also when it is ready, you import the whole zip file. I think the reason why this zip file was trouble to import was that the presets needed to be in a subfolder or subfolders and not put in the main folder.

Ned

• @LinearLineman said:
    Do you have to unzip it in something like Audioshare or can it be unzipped in files.

You can uncompress it anywhere…

Then download one at a time to Flowtones?

No: just reconfigure and zip the outer folder again, then import that zip file from inside Flowtones.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you @NedDub. Do you have to unzip it in something like Audioshare or can it be unzipped in files. Then download one at a time to Flowtones?

LL, I forgot to ask... whose zipped file were you downloading? Did you get that message for all of the ZIPs?

• @NeuM said:

@LinearLineman said:

LL, I forgot to ask... whose zipped file were you downloading? Did you get that message for all of the ZIPs?

I know you asked LL but I'm pretty sure the trouble zip file was the one named fxj2nmfh23fp.zip. Inside it said "TB Flowtones Patches by QL." Out of all the ones that have been posted here that's the only one that had been trouble for me at least to import.

• Import presets from inside the app, import inside of preset browser.

• Here’s 20 TB Flowtones Presets I created with randomization then lots of tweaking. The first presets I’ve ever shared, with anyone, ever, so be gentle, lol. Mostly Pads, a couple basses, a couple keys, couple Sound Scapes… Enjoy fellow forum friends.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Here’s 20 TB Flowtones Presets I created with randomization then lots of tweaking. The first presets I’ve ever shared, with anyone, ever, so be gentle, lol. Mostly Pads, a couple basses, a couple keys, couple Sound Scapes… Enjoy fellow forum friends.

Any feedback or constructive criticism is welcomed. I tried to tidy a few of them up before I sent them out but I also just wanted to get them out there so let me know what you think, cheers.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Here’s 20 TB Flowtones Presets I created with randomization then lots of tweaking. The first presets I’ve ever shared, with anyone, ever, so be gentle, lol. Mostly Pads, a couple basses, a couple keys, couple Sound Scapes… Enjoy fellow forum friends.

Cool! Thanks! I’ll check these out tonight and let you know what I think.

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thanks man.

• Pops Volume 2 Preset Pack - 20 more patches. I think this pack is better.

@Poppadocrock said:

I think pack 2 is better. No rush but any feedback would be helpful. I’ve been dabbling with sound design for a while now, but still have a lot to learn.

• edited September 2021

@Poppadocrock said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I think pack 2 is better. No rush but any feedback would be helpful. I’ve been dabbling with sound design for a while now, but still have a lot to learn.

Haven’t had a chance just yet, but I will soon! I do have both downloaded.

Edit: @Poppadocrock was just checking these out, and there’s honestly some fantastic sounds in both packs! I really like the ‘Mono Glide Bass’ in the first pack! Very nice! Tons of useful sounds here, I might actually be able to make an entire piece with just Poppadocrock sounds!

@Poppadocrock said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Haven’t had a chance just yet, but I will soon! I do have both downloaded.

Edit: @Poppadocrock was just checking these out, and there’s honestly some fantastic sounds in both packs! I really like the ‘Mono Glide Bass’ in the first pack! Very nice! Tons of useful sounds here, I might actually be able to make an entire piece with just Poppadocrock sounds!

Dude. Thanks so much. No rush at all. It’s the first time I’ve ever shared a synth patch so I was curious to see what some people thought. I truly appreciate the feedback. Cheers!

• edited October 2021

@Poppadocrock said:

I forgot to mention… these are very cool sounds, Pops. My favorites so far are “Anxious Moments Pad”, “Key Roll Pad”, “Keys Keep Moving”, “State of Flux SScape” and “Surfside Pad SScape”. 👍

For my own patchmaking, I find the Flowtones randomizer invaluable for getting things started from a good foundation.

• @NeuM said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I forgot to mention… these are very cool sounds, Pops. My favorites so far are “Anxious Moments Pad”, “Key Roll Pad”, “Keys Keep Moving”, “State of Flux SScape” and “Surfside Pad SScape”. 👍

For my own patchmaking, I find the Flowtones randomizer invaluable for getting things started from a good foundation.

Thanks dude, those are some of the ones I really liked too. I appreciate the feedback.