Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ABBA Voyage LivešŸ‡øšŸ‡ŖšŸ‡øšŸ‡ŖšŸ‡øšŸ‡ŖšŸ‡øšŸ‡Ŗ

2Ā»

Comments

• @ervin said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Popular music just isnā€™t valued as much anymore. Itā€™s as disposable as some middle-of-the road comic book.

That's a very interesting point you're making.

ā€œMusic itself is going to become like running water or electricity,ā€ he added. ā€œSo itā€™s like, just take advantage of these last few years because none of this is ever going to happen again. Youā€™d better be prepared for doing a lot of touring because thatā€™s really the only unique situation thatā€™s going to be left. Itā€™s terribly exciting. But on the other hand it doesnā€™t matter if you think itā€™s exciting or not; itā€™s whatā€™s going to happen.ā€ David Bowie, NY Times, 2006.

• edited September 2021

@Simon said:

@ervin said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Popular music just isnā€™t valued as much anymore. Itā€™s as disposable as some middle-of-the road comic book.

ā€œMusic itself is going to become like running water or electricity,ā€ he added. ā€œSo itā€™s like, just take advantage of these last few years because none of this is ever going to happen again. Youā€™d better be prepared for doing a lot of touring because thatā€™s really the only unique situation thatā€™s going to be left. Itā€™s terribly exciting. But on the other hand it doesnā€™t matter if you think itā€™s exciting or not; itā€™s whatā€™s going to happen.ā€ David Bowie, NY Times, 2006.

Bowie was an amazing clairvoyant. :) I never liked his music much but I still admire him for this. His "internet" interview with Paxman is a brilliant example of the difference between a person who can't see beyond the horizon and one who can (and I'm not dissing on Paxman here - almost all of us are Paxmans in this regard :) ) :

• @ervin Chuck D was the same. While Metallica were getting their knickers in a twist over Napster, Mister Chuck was getting himself out of a record contract so that he could self-release MP3s on the internet and lauding Napster for providing exposure to artists that they might not have otherwise gotten.

"Iā€™m in support of the sharing of music files. I believe that truly another parallel music industry will be created alongside the one that presently exists, and thatā€™s the bottom line stake that traditionalists fear,"

• edited September 2021

@ervin said:

@oat_phipps said:

Even my tendencies have changed; nowadays Iā€™ll find something I like, listen to it two, maybe three times and be done with it. There will be at best 2-3 albums a year that I absolutely love that stay in my ā€˜rotationā€™ for a looong time and get stuck on repeat. Thereā€™s no middle ground for me anymore like there used to be, because Iā€™m anxious with the modern ability to discover everything I possibly can and hopefully find more of those gems that I will obsess over still for weeks or months. So much of that time spent searching instead of listening more to the ā€œgood but not greatā€ albums is fruitless, but when it pays off it feels worth it. Weā€™ve come a long ways from dropping your weekly allowance in jr. high on a new album and trying to force yourself to like it even if it sucks.

• @oat_phipps said:

@ervin said:

@oat_phipps said:

Even my tendencies have changed; nowadays Iā€™ll find something I like, listen to it two, maybe three times and be done with it. There will be at best 2-3 albums a year that I absolutely love that stay in my ā€˜rotationā€™ for a looong time and get stuck on repeat. Thereā€™s no middle ground for me anymore like there used to be, because Iā€™m anxious with the modern ability to discover everything I possibly can and hopefully find more of those gems that I will obsess over still for weeks or months. So much of that time spent searching instead of listening more to the ā€œgood but not greatā€ albums is fruitless, but when it pays off it feels worth it. Weā€™ve come a long ways from dropping your weekly allowance in jr. high on a new album and trying to force yourself to like it even if it sucks.

I feel you.

My solution to this is Renaissance choral music. It's finished, it's done, it's complete. There won't be any more of it written ever, so there's no urge to hunt for new madrigals every week or any fear of missing out. :) That's the music that I keep going back to, while "new music" is poetry much running on tap now, exactly as Bowie predicted.

• @drcongo said:
    @ervin Chuck D was the same. While Metallica were getting their knickers in a twist over Napster, Mister Chuck was getting himself out of a record contract so that he could self-release MP3s on the internet and lauding Napster for providing exposure to artists that they might not have otherwise gotten.

"Iā€™m in support of the sharing of music files. I believe that truly another parallel music industry will be created alongside the one that presently exists, and thatā€™s the bottom line stake that traditionalists fear,"

šŸ‘Thank you. I didn't know about this, or him, really