Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Revisiting AlgoMusic M42 Nebula synth!

As I got a new computer this year, I had to configure it for music. This process made me both streamline my setup and rediscover some synths I had not used in a few years (been a lot in mobile music). I also got some new ones!

One I rediscovered with great pleasure is the AlgoMusic M42 Nebula (Windows). It is an example of the excellent results talented developers can achieve with Synthedit. It's over 15 years old and it's still a great softsynth!

It has 2 channels (or sound sources) that can be mixed, 1 VA synth and 1 sample player in the form of a soundfont player. It's no longer developped or updated but it can be downloaded for free from the Internet Archive.

From 2006 to 2009, before I got into the Memory Collection packs and mobile music, I designed 3 soundsets for it. The core of each is an original soundfont of 20 programs with a certain number of presets.

M42 Nebula is very adept at producing rhythmic patches and moving soundscapes. In this video, I am browsing thru 29 of the presets of my Cosmology soundfont. It can also be used in other soundfont players with different but still interesting results!