Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg SQ 64 + iPad + Drambo Experiments

edited August 2021 in Other

So yeah. This just happened:

A few quirky parts but I really like the Loop Randomization aspect of it so far.

Here’s a quick video capture of it sequencing Drambo:

Comments

• That seems very cool. :)

• edited August 2021

Gusto mo! I like it! Kinda high on the list. Do I need an external sequencer when there’s Drambo? Perhaps not, but hey, this one has buttons
    When I get back to Holland I hope to pick one up second hand

• @Frank303 One can never have too many knobs when it comes to using Drambo :) So far I'm enjoying the pairing as they say. Like a nice plate of cheese and meats with a glass of Merlot :)

• edited September 2021

A bit more exploration with the SQ-64 + Drambo this evening:

• Hey! I just got a sq-64 on the blow out sale, seems to be ideal for jamming and sketching in aum aswell! But! For some reason I won’t get the drum sequencer to trigger the proper samples I’ve tried it with koala and hammerhead and changed all the midi information on the hardware to match the mappings of the apps but still it just triggers random samples. Have you had a similar problem? Not tried it with Drambo yet tho maybe a Drambo drummer inside AUM is a way to go?. Any other idea on a app they would be good for triggering drum samples with the sq-64? ✨✨

• People on forums did not joke about how bad the manual is… Also strangely little written about it compared to beatstep pro…

• edited December 2022

@Crash_ride Sounds like either your unit is defective or there's more bad manual studying ahead 😉

• @rs2000 said:
    @Crash_ride Sounds like either your unit is defective or there's more bad manual studying ahead 😉

Haha uhhh.. Well I can’t get it to work, watched all videos (one) on the topic but they had no hassle, might be a fault in the machine but seems weird.. I’ll write here if I solve it… but I mean if it sends a note on the right channel to me it should work… that’s why I thought it might be a problem with koala and hammerhead receiving midi from other gear but it works from auv3 sequencers. 🤨

• edited December 2022

@echoopera said:

A few quirky parts but I really like the Loop Randomization aspect of it so far.

What hardware haven't you tried? ;P

Did you keep your MPC One or the Deluge?

Happy new year <3

• @echoopera , do you own Hapax also?

• @audiblevideo said:

@echoopera said:

What hardware haven't you tried? ;P

Did you keep your MPC One or the Deluge?

Happy new year <3

Guilty. Mostly 🤪 yep. Kept the MPC One and Deluge. Sent the SQ 64 back. @Telstar5 Nah. Didn’t get the Hapax since it doesn’t make sound.