Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OtherDesertCities by Audio Damage, Inc. - Released

Comments

• Instant desktop buy. Loved Audio Damage since I got Dubstation 1 many years ago. Can't wait for the ios. Hell yeah.

• @Simon said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    I don't need this, but I will buy it without delay.

Sorry, but you can't buy it without delay. When you buy the app it automatically comes with delay. It is a delay app. It is not available without delay. Only with delay :-)

You're good

• edited August 2021

Now I'm starting to get studiomux to play ball (most of the time...!) I'm starting to question the need for desktop versions of effects - all the time I can route from a desktop DAW to a (cheaper) iOS effect and back it seems like a no-brainer. Anyone else thinking like this...?

• @enkaytee said:
    Now I'm starting to get studiomux to play ball (most of the time...!) I'm starting to question the need for desktop versions of effects - all the time I can route from a desktop DAW to a (cheaper) iOS effect and back it seems like a no-brainer. Anyone else thinking like this...?

Yeah, it's definitely something to think about. Desktop versions give you convenience, especially regarding automation; better latency; and project integration for state saving.

• @enkaytee said:

For solus stuff it’s definitely a viable workflow. But for a finished DAW project, the conveniece of automation (with far higher resolution than MIDI’s 128 values) and state saving is too much to give up on.

But there are certain FX that’s only available on iOS and roundtripping to those is no different a consideration than using traditional outboard FX with your projects. And if you’re using Studiomux with multiple iOS devices you can really push the performance boundarys (each device sending multiple channels into your DAW).

In the good old days you’d always fill out patch sheets for outboard gear used with your project, and this still a viable workflow with Studiomux.

• @jonmoore said:

@enkaytee said:

For solus stuff it’s definitely a viable workflow. But for a finished DAW project, the conveniece of automation (with far higher resolution than MIDI’s 128 values) and state saving is too much to give up on.

But there are certain FX that’s only available on iOS and roundtripping to those is no different a consideration than using traditional outboard FX with your projects. And if you’re using Studiomux with multiple iOS devices you can really push the performance boundarys (each device sending multiple channels into your DAW).

In the good old days you’d always fill out patch sheets for outboard gear used with your project, and this still a viable workflow with Studiomux.

See your points about state saving and resolution - to be honest I'm likely to get other desert cities on desktop and iOS but studiomux is starting to make roundtripping more tempting.

• Come to butthead

• edited August 2021

@Toastedghost said:
    I notice that in the video demo they also at the begining use the Desert Cities but then additionally pushing it through a Eso 2

Yeah I noticed that too. Not a fan. Just let me hear the delay. Does it not sound good without a reverb?

Looks nice, but I've sunk cash on Timeless3 now, so will endeavour to get some use out of it before getting yet more delays.

edit: Although now I've watched the 15min demo's the diversity and full capabilities are pretty compelling. The interface is nice and clean... ah I'm such a sucker....

• Desktop is $79/59, so will probably be $7.99/5.99.

@Toastedghost said:
    Looks promising, anyone any idea of price?

• Like so many here I also need no more delays. I only bought the IceGear one because they are a favorite developer... and now this, god damn them - they KNOW I am compelled to buy all their apps.

I don't even care how pretty it is - I have a lifetime's supply of delays, and I only ever use Bleass Delay or Timeless.

• edited September 2021

ack. Sounds fantastic!!!! <3 (but +1 please demo with no extra fx!)
    I will be buying both desktop and iOS. I would hold out until Black Friday in the hopes it goes cheaper..... but I need this now! :#

I am extremely excited that this will somewhat fill the Valhalla Delay shaped hole in my iOS arsenal

[edit: just bought desktop!!!!]

• @pantsofdeath said:
    Like so many here I also need no more delays. I only bought the IceGear one because they are a favorite developer... and now this, god damn them - they KNOW I am compelled to buy all their apps.

I don't even care how pretty it is - I have a lifetime's supply of delays, and I only ever use Bleass Delay or Timeless.

Hey pants - when are you going to do more YouTube videos? we miss your content.

• edited September 2021

Curious to see how it performs on iOS. Audio Damage apps are not know for their stability and this is probably quite resource intensive

• @Simon said:

@pantsofdeath said:
    Like so many here I also need no more delays. I only bought the IceGear one because they are a favorite developer... and now this, god damn them - they KNOW I am compelled to buy all their apps.

Hey pants - when are you going to do more YouTube videos? we miss your content.

ha, yeah, sorry - I keep meaning to get back to it but never quite do! lockdown drains every iota of creativity from me!

• edited September 2021

@pantsofdeath said:
    ha, yeah, sorry - I keep meaning to get back to it but never quite do! lockdown drains every iota of creativity from me!

Your "missing in action" was mentioned here a few weeks ago. Glad you are still around and ok despite the lockdown. Say "hi" to Gladys for me :-)

• Desktop version $59 launch offer ends 1st October.

@Crawlingwind said:
    Desktop is $79/59, so will probably be $7.99/5.99.

@Toastedghost said:
    Looks promising, anyone any idea of price?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Come to butthead

Haha! :D

• @Foleslaw said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Come to butthead

@Foleslaw said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Come to butthead

• I’m doing a Pre-Release demo tonight at 8.00 pm U.K. Time, here’s the link.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I’m doing a Pre-Release demo tonight at 8.00 pm U.K. Time, here’s the link.

Awesome! Will try to join (3pm for me, but working from home does have its advantages…).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Looks pretty sweet, love it!

• I’m excited about this too!

• I'm really curious about how cpu hungry is this one.
    AD apps are quite efficient.

And when I will be able to buy it? Do you know?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

And when I will be able to buy it? Do you know?

There was mention of days from Chris iirc, likely most of that is waiting for Apple to review it…

• Hopefully, depending on Apples review process, sometime this week

• edited September 2021

Video is live now.
    It was really well received, people seriously seemed very impressed

Video is live now.

It sounded fantastic!

Video is live now.

How was the cpu hit?