Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hot battery with LaGrange or DLYM?

I’ve begun an exploration of LaGrange. and I find the battery on my 12.9 Pro2 getting extremely hot. LaGrange only using 1% but DLYM has used 14%!

Haven’t tried with other synths yet. I’ll experiment eliminating DLYM, of course. Anybody have any input on this? CPU is running around 25%. Might I have a problem with the iPad? Thanks

Comments

• Were you using them in AUM?

I don’t have a pro, but also not getting any overheating, although some of the DLYM presets caused spikes up to 60% for a moment or two.

Hope that help a little.

• @SNystrom, nope, CB3. I disabled it and the battery cooled down. One more iOS mystery!

• Are you sure it’s the battery and not the processor getting hot?

• @Edward_Alexander.... duh, hadn’t thought of that. .... but the cpu is around 25%.

• It can be juicy with its processor use. With iOS's more processor-intensive music apps it's a good idea to have your iPad on a stand. That way at least it's being air-cooled, and that can make a lot of difference in a composition with multiple channel strips of instruments/fx.

• Not sure if this would be helpful but DLYM has a new update with some bug fixes, try updating maybe.

• @jonmoore and @eylvy, thanks for the thoughts. I’ll probably just avoid DLYM. Plenty of delays out there.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @jonmoore and @eylvy, thanks for the thoughts. I’ll probably just avoid DLYM. Plenty of delays out there.

Do you remember the settings you had for DLYM? I was trying it in AUM and barely had it register on the CPU load. That could be a difference in the way CB3 and AUM measure and report.

Were the UI's for the AU's open when you noticed the heat?

• @NeonSilicon, It was probably the default setting, but I don’t remember. UI was not open.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @NeonSilicon, It was probably the default setting, but I don’t remember. UI was not open.

Well, that takes out any of my theories then.