Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DrumJam as a controller—let’s brainstorm

I have two ideas for using the Drumjam pads to control other apps, neither of which I’ve tried yet:

1) Pads audio out goes into Spectrum resonator (the Mutable Rings port) as a trigger or strum.

2) Pads audio out into FAC Envolver, thus converted to midi trigger, into Rozeta Cells or Bassline to advance the sequencer.

Comments

• Can I ask why you want to use Drumjam above any other? I have zero dogs in this fight, I had never heard of Dj before this thread. I just wonder if it has something special that I'm missing out on?

• Just bought it. Ignore my previous question.

• Not sure how the Spectrum would word. But with FAC Envolver seems like an interesting idea. Gonna check if Midimorphosis (Secret Base Design) still runs on my device and give it a try too.

With Bedlam enabled, we could get crazy results from DrumJam

• @ashh said:
    Just bought it. Ignore my previous question.

Lol.

It has no midi out or even midi export?

• DrumJam > Drambo > Transient detector > Flexi Sampler

• @Poppadocrock said:

@ashh said:

Lol.

I think it has MIDI out if I remember correctly.

• @michael_m said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@ashh said:

Lol.

I think it has MIDI out if I remember correctly.

Both Midi in and out, and Midi clock in/out…

Drumjam is really good! Sounds marvelous also!!

• Had thumbjam forever, yaleD since release, D.J. has been high on my list, since I started making app lists I think… every time I get close to buying it a great drum app or two gets released, and I think ahh too many drum apps. I need to just do the dang thing.

• Does it have midi out from that auto drummer type of section, where you place the drum on a grid?

• Despite its er, interesting looks, DJ still does things no other drum app can.
    Working the effects & bedlam sections on the pads always elicits degrees of sonic crazy.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Had thumbjam forever, yaleD since release, D.J. has been high on my list, since I started making app lists I think… every time I get close to buying it a great drum app or two gets released, and I think ahh too many drum apps. I need to just do the dang thing.

Mate, you need to do yourself a favour and buy it.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Does it have midi out from that auto drummer type of section, where you place the drum on a grid?

No, not as I can see in the app just now…

The Grid Looper thing can only be exported as wave-stems/loops…

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Does it have midi out from that auto drummer type of section, where you place the drum on a grid?

I don’t think so; that’s why I started the thread.

• @Poppadocrock did anyone gift you DJ yet? You’ve done more than you fair share of deal shopping. DM me your Apple ID

• @ashh said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Had thumbjam forever, yaleD since release, D.J. has been high on my list, since I started making app lists I think… every time I get close to buying it a great drum app or two gets released, and I think ahh too many drum apps. I need to just do the dang thing.

Mate, you need to do yourself a favour and buy it.

I hear ya.

• @mjcouche said:
    @Poppadocrock did anyone gift you DJ yet? You’ve done more than you fair share of deal shopping. DM me your Apple ID

For reals… ok I’ll DM you now. that’s extremely generous of you