Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

M1 Pro NS2 users…

My M1 iPad Pro (12.9”, 16GB, iOS 14.7.1) has recently started freezing when using NS2. When it does, the transport controls and playback freeze, but the rest of the app is mostly responsive still. If I then try to switch to another DAW (BM3, CB30, that does the same thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• @drcongo said:
    My M1 iPad Pro (12.9”, 16GB, iOS 14.7.1) has recently started freezing when using NS2. When it does, the transport controls and playback freeze, but the rest of the app is mostly responsive still. If I then try to switch to another DAW (BM3, CB30, that does the same thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

This might be related to problems reported with the Audio Engine in the latest processors, discussed here. What is your iPadOS version?

• edited August 2021

I have had an M1 for a week now. I have been having this problem when running Cubasis and/or BM3 but only when using the official Apple Headphone Adapter. In about six hours of use I locked up about five times. If I were commuting I would be pissed.

Thing is, using my Roland Duo Capture plugged into the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter I have never encountered this issue and have easily used it for about 40 hours now, problem free.

• Im on 14.7.1 but I just fired up AUM and got the “audio engine not running” message, so yeah, looks like it’s the same thing. I’ve got nothing plugged into the port at all.

Thanks both, good to know I’m not alone.

• @AudioGus said:
    I have had an M1 for a week now. I have been having this problem when running Cubasis and/or BM3 but only when using the official Apple Headphone Adapter. In about six hours of use I locked up about five times. If I were commuting I would be pissed.

Thing is, using my Roland Duo Capture plugged into the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter I have never encountered this issue and have easily used it for about 40 hours now, problem free.

If you set your Roland Duo Capture's sample rate to 48k, do the problems reappear?

Or if you use a headset with mic like the white Apple buds (4-pole plug vs headphones-only 3-pole) with the official Apple Headphone Adapter, do the problems disappear?

• @ocelot said:

@AudioGus said:

If you set your Roland Duo Capture's sample rate to 48k, do the problems reappear?

The 44/48 option is only for desktop. The ‘Tablet’ switch forces 44.

Or if you use a headset with mic like the white Apple buds (4-pole plug vs headphones-only 3-pole) with the official Apple Headphone Adapter, do the problems disappear?

Oh! i do have a 4 pole cable with a mic I could try but the darn thing is buggy and spontaneously cranks the volume to 100, but yah good sleuthing ideas!

• I had a similar problem on my M1 11'', it turned out that it was down to the case i use and the fact that an update by Apple caused it to mute the mic for certain apps. The solution was simply not allow access to the mic in AUM, Koala, etc. in the settings. If I do need to use the mic, then I easily fixed by popping out of its case and enabling access to the mic for whatever app needs it.