Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Decent DAB+ radio suggestions?

It must have :-
At least eight preset buttons (or fast access to stations)
A good sound with a bit of bass to it.
Battery/ mains option for power.
I’m looking for something not too expensive but not necessarily cheap.
Any recommendations?

Comments

• We're big radio enthusiasts in our house and have a smörgåsbord of DAB radios at our disposal.

At the high end we have this:

Amazon Link

In the middle this:

Amazon Link

And at the low end this:

Amazon Link

The Roberts does everything you specify and more. It also looks great and is built to very exacting standards. Neither of the Sony's has the preset number you specify but they're brilliant in most other ways and can be powered by both battery and by mains. The smaller Sony doesn't have the low end of the larger model, but we use it in our bathrooms, where it's perfectly well suited as it has better battery life than the larger model.

Much as we love our DAB radios, we mainly listen to radio via smart speakers these days, although the Roberts is used in tandem with Alexa. :)

• @jonmoore said:
    We're big radio enthusiasts in our house and have a smörgåsbord of DAB radios at our disposal.

At the high end we have this:

Amazon Link

In the middle this:

Amazon Link

And at the low end this:

Amazon Link

The Roberts does everything you specify and more. It also looks great and is built to very exacting standards. Neither of the Sony's has the preset number you specify but they're brilliant in most other ways and can be powered by both battery and by mains. The smaller Sony doesn't have the low end of the larger model, but we use it in our bathrooms, where it's perfectly well suited as it has better battery life than the larger model.

Much as we love our DAB radios, we mainly listen to radio via smart speakers these days, although the Roberts is used in tandem with Alexa. :)

I’ve got the middle one – Sony XDR-S61 (in red) in our bathroom. Tuned to Radio 1 only

• I got the middle one as well. It’s a great sound. The thing is - it makes a great monitor for your iPad music as it has an aux in. Superb sound - much better than Air4 speakers. Everything sounds better - and I mean everything. I'm off to buy another one.

• edited February 2022

We’ve got the Roberts one, but after about a decade the retro style pink ‘pleather’ degenerated, and it is now like a zombie, slowly shedding sticky skin over everything. I keep meaning to make a new box for it, the elements inside just screw off all I just need to cut the right holes in a blank…