Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Devs to be allowed to offer alternative App Store payment options via email.

2»

Comments

• Fascinating discussion everyone, really thought provoking points all very well made. My two biggest APPLE gripes 1) I dread every new iOS software update now because I might lose one or many more of my beloved hard earned and paid for APPs. Because now any APP might be now broken or needing the Dev to immediately fix or update it. Or even worse, when a Dev leaves IOS/OS APPLE APP store because of the understandably starvation wages the APP now no longer is available or is broken and no longer works. The problem is that I/You paid for and supported this beloved APP(s) that are no longer for sale or back up on the APP store. Not terribly fair to either the Devs or us Users. Who will compensate our APP investments and all of our past present and future app loses? Surprised that Apple has not been sued into the Stone Age for this yet. 2) I hate the new way to back up all of my paid APPS with the CLOUD. I hate having to rely on and pay for the cloud to do that. I have lost too much work with that faulty back up system. I don’t trust any cloud backing up my stuff anymore but lacking any alternative I am forced and chained to it. The Apple back up system for iPads now really sucks. APPLE just pay the DEVs a proper and good living wage already. The Devs deserve it and made you what you are today! I always try to support the Dev whenever possible. Cheers, ED

• Of course turkey’s vote for Christmas, the eat, get fat, get killed. Of all the innovations, creating a non-user replaceable battery was the best.

• wimwim
    edited August 2021

@knewspeak said:
    Of course turkey’s vote for Christmas, the eat, get fat, get killed. Of all the innovations, creating a non-user replaceable battery was the best.

I'd say the lack of an SD card slot has that one beat. Profit increasing innovation by simple omission.

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Fascinating discussion everyone, really thought provoking points all very well made. My two biggest APPLE gripes 1) I dread every new iOS software update now because I might lose one or many more of my beloved hard earned and paid for APPs. Because now any APP might be now broken or needing the Dev to immediately fix or update it. Or even worse, when a Dev leaves IOS/OS APPLE APP store because of the understandably starvation wages the APP now no longer is available or is broken and no longer works. The problem is that I/You paid for and supported this beloved APP(s) that are no longer for sale or back up on the APP store. Not terribly fair to either the Devs or us Users. Who will compensate our APP investments and all of our past present and future app loses? Surprised that Apple has not been sued into the Stone Age for this yet. 2) I hate the new way to back up all of my paid APPS with the CLOUD. I hate having to rely on and pay for the cloud to do that. I have lost too much work with that faulty back up system. I don’t trust any cloud backing up my stuff anymore but lacking any alternative I am forced and chained to it. The Apple back up system for iPads now really sucks. APPLE just pay the DEVs a proper and good living wage already. The Devs deserve it and made you what you are today! I always try to support the Dev whenever possible. Cheers, ED

Devs are screwed, the user is screwed. But the magic happens, that is Apple’s magic touch, where the user gets mad and rants to the dev (who reportedly has developed the 6€ app on weekends) about the app not working on either the new update and/or iOS 11. To recap, Apple releases an update, which you’re basically forced into, that screws up the user’s app who in turn blames the dev for not having fixed the future.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@NeuM said:

@tahiche said:

@ashh said:

@Telefunky said:
    Can you suggest another world-wide distribution and e-commerce system which is equally reliable and trusted ... for less than 15% charge of whatever product you sell ? o:)

You can keep paying the toll, no one is forcing anyone to do anything. The good news is that those devs who want to make a different choice can do so. But, of course, you can keep paying the toll.

Apple advocates. please buy 19 iPhones and every 60€ dongle you can, but please let the rest of us have a life. Thank u.

Why buy an iPhone if you don't buy into their ecosystem? Would a person go to a McDonald's drive-thru and expect to buy a seafood dinner?

The alternatives being crap doesn't make what Apple does desirable. If Android weren't garbage, I'd use it.

Exactly. The important thing is Android is garbage.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    I agree, but the devil in me says hardware prices will have to be adjusted... also low quality sh!t producers, scammers will occupy the space mostly, while everyone will have to bare the consequences...

Someone sue them already for ability to downgrade OS and app updates :)

iOS 15 is supposed to have the feature to allow you to stay on iOS 14 and still do security updates. I’m not sure if it will let you downgrade after going iOS 15 though. Not so much for app updates, but many things don’t have the option to downgrade app updates unless you can get an old installer, which clearly won’t happen on the iOS.

• @tahiche said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Fascinating discussion everyone, really thought provoking points all very well made. My two biggest APPLE gripes 1) I dread every new iOS software update now because I might lose one or many more of my beloved hard earned and paid for APPs. Because now any APP might be now broken or needing the Dev to immediately fix or update it. Or even worse, when a Dev leaves IOS/OS APPLE APP store because of the understandably starvation wages the APP now no longer is available or is broken and no longer works. The problem is that I/You paid for and supported this beloved APP(s) that are no longer for sale or back up on the APP store. Not terribly fair to either the Devs or us Users. Who will compensate our APP investments and all of our past present and future app loses? Surprised that Apple has not been sued into the Stone Age for this yet. 2) I hate the new way to back up all of my paid APPS with the CLOUD. I hate having to rely on and pay for the cloud to do that. I have lost too much work with that faulty back up system. I don’t trust any cloud backing up my stuff anymore but lacking any alternative I am forced and chained to it. The Apple back up system for iPads now really sucks. APPLE just pay the DEVs a proper and good living wage already. The Devs deserve it and made you what you are today! I always try to support the Dev whenever possible. Cheers, ED

Devs are screwed, the user is screwed. But the magic happens, that is Apple’s magic touch, where the user gets mad and rants to the dev (who reportedly has developed the 6€ app on weekends) about the app not working on either the new update and/or iOS 11. To recap, Apple releases an update, which you’re basically forced into, that screws up the user’s app who in turn blames the dev for not having fixed the future.

Touché Tahiche! I could not have stated this any better. The user gets it! I feel really bad for the Dev because I am guilty of said behaviour! Cheers, ED

• edited August 2021

@ElektrikDiva said:
    ... My two biggest APPLE gripes 1) I dread every new iOS software update now because I might lose one or many more of my beloved hard earned and paid for APPs. ...
    Who will compensate our APP investments and all of our past present and future app loses? Surprised that Apple has not been sued into the Stone Age for this yet.

Noone will... because there is no investment and you don‘t own anything.
    Your payment only grants to you a permission to use software, which in general is explicitely declared uncapable to do what it‘s advertized for and/or supposed to do.

Read the small print of your license terms...
    I didn’t call IT industry policies beyond both common business rules and common sense for a nasty joke. They are nuts, on a scale a million times more relevant than this storm in a teacup about alternate payment options.
    Any business owner outside of IT would be sent right to jail for such conditions...

• Much ado about ISH

• Tons of people spend more on breakfast erry day than a frickin fracken app lolZ

• @Telefunky said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    ... My two biggest APPLE gripes 1) I dread every new iOS software update now because I might lose one or many more of my beloved hard earned and paid for APPs. ...
    Who will compensate our APP investments and all of our past present and future app loses? Surprised that Apple has not been sued into the Stone Age for this yet.

Noone will... because there is no investment and you don‘t own anything.
    Your payment only grants to you a permission to use software, which in general is explicitely declared uncapable to do what it‘s advertized for and/or supposed to do.

Read the small print of your license terms...
    I didn’t call IT industry policies beyond both common business rules and common sense for a nasty joke. They are nuts, on a scale a million times more relevant than this storm in a teacup about alternate payment options.
    Any business owner outside of IT would be sent right to jail for such conditions...

Hey Telefunky,I know that and I completely agree with you. Still, it should be made Illegal to take something away that I already paid for without offering me a substitution or a credit (which it did for me in the past when Art Rays bit the dust). Also, how about offering me advance notice that this WILL happen. Of course, all of this is stacked against the mighty house of Apple. It just ain’t right or ethical on any grounds, thats totally insane for the buyer. I cannot think of a more punitive and unfair business practice against its own customers. It feels so slimy & crooked to me when my beloved apps keep on disappearing one by one which I paid for with my blood sweat & tears that purchased in good faith. What a great way to guarantee customer resentment against a monopolistic global giant. I buy a LOT of Apps and I have invested heavily in this platform for many years. Why is not such a business practice not considered a crime? Cheers, ED

• @DMan said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    I agree, but the devil in me says hardware prices will have to be adjusted... also low quality sh!t producers, scammers will occupy the space mostly, while everyone will have to bare the consequences...

iOS 15 is supposed to have the feature to allow you to stay on iOS 14 and still do security updates. I’m not sure if it will let you downgrade after going iOS 15 though. Not so much for app updates, but many things don’t have the option to downgrade app updates unless you can get an old installer, which clearly won’t happen on the iOS.

iOS 15 will allow downgrade to iOS 14 if you don't like it. Not to any other earlier versions. I'm not clear if you can downgrade to 14 if you skipped from 13 to 15.

• @wim said:

@DMan said:

iOS 15 will allow downgrade to iOS 14 if you don't like it. Not to any other earlier versions. I'm not clear if you can downgrade to 14 if you skipped from 13 to 15.

We’re is your information on that? The only information from Apple that I see says.

“ Software Updates
    iOS may now offer a choice between two software update versions in the Settings app. You can update to the latest version of iOS 15 as soon as it’s released for the latest features and most complete set of security updates. Or continue on iOS 14 and still get important security updates.”

That doesn’t say you can downgrade, it says you can choose to stay on iOS 14.

It also says it may offer a choice, so potential it won’t I guess. :confused: It also says the choice is in the settings app. If you can downgrade it, I’d imagine an erase must be done like with downgrading the computer and not through settings.

The beta you definitely can downgrade without a doubt, but betas have always had that.

I guess time will tell, or if you have that resource that says what you mentioned, let me know where.

• @DMan said:

@wim said:

@DMan said:

We’re is your information on that? The only information from Apple that I see says.

“ Software Updates
    iOS may now offer a choice between two software update versions in the Settings app. You can update to the latest version of iOS 15 as soon as it’s released for the latest features and most complete set of security updates. Or continue on iOS 14 and still get important security updates.”

It also says it may offer a choice, so potential it won’t I guess. :confused: It also says the choice is in the settings app. If you can downgrade it, I’d imagine an erase must be done like with downgrading the computer and not through settings.

The beta you definitely can downgrade without a doubt, but betas have always had that.

I guess time will tell, or if you have that resource that says what you mentioned, let me know where.

I assume that you would need to reinstall and have a backup that matched iOS 14. The main thing I take out of this is that they are going to continue signing versions of iOS 14 even for devices that could move to 15. It seems like this is probably being done to work better in the corporate world where they need a bit more control over what's being deployed.

• @Telefunky said:
    Of course warping from 1990 to 2021 is a bit surreal.
    From todays pov you‘re absolutely correct, according to some hands-on experience with my OS-9 machine’s memory subsystem >:)
    (but it still does it‘s job, just an occasional glitch here or there)

Anyway, I‘ve always voted for higher prices (a pro section within the app store) to achieve realistic revenues for developers who do a quality job... while (probably) many considering me a fan boy of whatever kind are waiting on the next sale. I don‘t mind, though...

7 & 8 were worse than 9. 9 came after Jobs' return and had a bunch of the crap ripped out of it so that it could be used as the bridge to OS X and provide the foundation for the Carbon support there. System 7 was a mess and Apple was running around with Pink and Blue, Taligent, and Copeland while Mac OS rotted. Kinda like Google now with Android, Chrome OS, Fuchsia, etc. while audio is still basically unusable in Android.

• @DMan said:

@wim said:

@DMan said:

“ Software Updates

Ugh. I'll have to go look it up again. I know for certain that I read exactly that you'd be able to downgrade to 14 from 15. I was careful to verify that it clearly said what it did.

• @wim said:

@DMan said:

@wim said:

@DMan said:

“ Software Updates

Ugh. I'll have to go look it up again. I know for certain that I read exactly that you'd be able to downgrade to 14 from 15. I was careful to verify that it clearly said what it did.

They've changed the wording since I read up on it just after WWDC. They clearly stated then that you could revert. Now they're not saying that. I guess "Features are subject to change" applies. :/

I knew it sounded too good to be true.

• @NeonSilicon said:
    7 & 8 were worse than 9. 9 came after Jobs' return and had a bunch of the crap ripped out of it so that it could be used as the bridge to OS X and provide the foundation for the Carbon support there. System 7 was a mess ...

It‘s too long ago to be worth discussion, but just for the sake of completeness and balance:
    customers want(ed) solutions, high uptimes and low support costs - which all was possible with any of the garbage (as you call it) ;)
    Our waging schemes may differ, but that‘s not a problem at all - and past anyway o:)

• @Telefunky said:

@NeonSilicon said:
    7 & 8 were worse than 9. 9 came after Jobs' return and had a bunch of the crap ripped out of it so that it could be used as the bridge to OS X and provide the foundation for the Carbon support there. System 7 was a mess ...

It‘s too long ago to be worth discussion, but just for the sake of completeness and balance:
    customers want(ed) solutions, high uptimes and low support costs - which all was possible with any of the garbage (as you call it) ;)
    Our waging schemes may differ, but that‘s not a problem at all - and past anyway o:)

You started off talking about Apple and yet here you are saying that, really, you're all for the devs. Which is it, because you cannot be for both? Oh and anyone who buys in a sale is a cheap ass who is only out for themselves, right? Whereas, you, you're aaaaaall about paying more for the devs! Here's a thought: what if the devs have set their price after thinking about it?

• It‘s your 2nd quoting out of context on 2 pages...
    Why not just call me a sucker and that‘s about it ? <3 :*