Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alesis io dock plus Novation launch control (usb woes, help \!)

so i have an io dock, and purchased a novation sample pad that needs a type A usb to work, and the io dock only has type B. Is there some way to rectify this blunder? I know you can modify the dock itself, but that seems too complicated. Thanks so much for the wisdom

Comments

• The only way I know of to send midi to the iodock using its USB connection ( other than @untergeek'sUSB hack) is to connect it and the controller to a PC/MAC and patch it there.

Not very elegant, but worked the last time I tried it.

• edited May 2014

Can you elaborate on hooking it up from a computer to an iodock? @ganthofer

• Bump! Can someone please inform how to use my computer to make the notation compatible to the io dock? @ganthofer?

Thanks so much

• Either do the routing in a DAW, or some kind of MIDI applet. There used to be one called MIDI Thruway way back when, maybe something similar is still available.

• @zymos So I connect the novation the to laptop via usb midi, and then have a second usb midi running to the iodock?

• @QuinnH - with both the Alesis iodock and the novation sample pad ( not familiar with it, but assume it USB midi) both connected to your PC, you then use some PC app capable of routing the novation to the iodock. I believe I used MidiOX(WinXP - 7?? and 8??) but MIDI Thruway looks like it should work if it's still available, but there doesn't seem to be much info available on it.

You want to patch the midi coming from the novation (midi out) to the iodock ( midi in) in MidiOX.

My PC is currently running Linux, so I can't really give much more detail.

• QuinnH- check out this one maybe- it seems to support most OSs.
    http://www.nerds.de/en/download.html

You would connect both devices to your computer, then use the program to patch the MIDI coming in from one device back out to the other device.

• edited May 2014

yeah,
    thats sad that alesis dont look into the community, everyone who i know, which use the ioDock, they asked why to hell they dont import the option to use USB MIDI direct???

the Alesis ioDock2 is out same none useable USB Port, this is the reason why i will doint buy the second one too...?

if Alesis read this, please give a response to that.
    thx

• the usb hub hack is not too difficult if your feeling brave. I did mine and it seems to work well, sometimes it doesn't power the ipad though. I'm acutally thinking about getting rid of my hacked iodock if anyone is interested.

http://www.otemrellik.com/2013/05/i-added-an-usb-hub-to-my-io-dock/