Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RIP “Charlie’s good tonight, ain’t he?”

edited August 2021 in Other

Charlie was beyond good EVERY night.
REST IN PEACE, Mr Watts

Comments

• The end of an era.

• Dang, and everyone had their money on Keith being the first to go. Sad to hear this. Rest easy, timekeeper.

• Really bummed out by this one. I knew I would log here and see people paying respects...
    RIP Mr Watts

• RIP, Charlie.

• Holy crap. I mean - he lived a long life, but man these are always unexpected. Glad I got to see them a few years back with Mick Taylor.

• He was the nice one, gave me a good slap on the back to encourage me during a punishing rehearsal schedule and always had a smile and a genuinely interested question for our team, what a shame…

• edited August 2021

Always loved his drumming, and his cool attitude. Seemed like the grown up in the band…

Can’t top @Krupa ’s story about Charlie, but I did discover Jack Daniels and subsequently got very, very drunk trying to interview Ron Wood while he was working on a track - I think, checking dates, it must have been 1987, Westside Studios, West London, when he was working on tracks for his unreleased solo album ‘Automatic’, with Bobby Womack.

Had a great time, Ronnie kept topping me up, lovely stuff JD, never had it before. Very moreish. After the bottle (or bottles - not too sure) was done, him and Bobby got down to business while I watched and pitched in with a few more Qs between takes…

Listened back to the interview tape the following day, volume very low, because, you know, my head hurt… the interview was incomprehensible.

Ok. Ok.

I was incomprehensible…

… mere mortals are not made to hang with the Stones.

And that, friends, is my only Stones story.

RIP Charlie.

• He was a drummer.

He was one of ours.

He played jazz.

That’s good enough in our book.

RIP

🙏🏾

• Hell this is a long sad year.

Charlie - solid as a rock, tight as a barnacle - always looked like he could've been chopping carrots ... the only fella who was immune to his own grooves... had to be just to hold things together.

Thanks, Charlie.

• Sometimes, when I need an injection of aural energy, I dial this up on YouTube and listen to those swinging, cascading drum fills. Each one is different.

• Never too flashy, but rock solid. Whether he played straight or with swing he was the perfect drummer for every Stones track he played on. RIP

• Charlie was along with Dave Clark, my first drum idiol. I wanted to be in the Stones , F-ck the Beatles. I’d try to purse my bottom lip and keep my head sideways to where I imagined the camera was like he did . … which is quite ridiculous .. my lips aren’t like his and I’m a Jewish guy.. I could never look like that . I copied the beat from “Get Off Of My Cloud” and used it on everything . I aspired to someday play the fast ride cymbal shuffle pattern on “19th Nervous Breakdown”. Charlie wasn’t as creative or dynamic as say, Ringo , but Ringo wasn’t cool and aloof like Charlie was . Charlie was my dude for sure before I discovered Keith Moon.
    I don’t feel bad.. It was his time.. He lived a hugely successful fulfilling life..He was dealt a good hand . He lived in peace, he’ll Rest In Peace ..

• 🎩🌹

• @Soundscaper said:
    Hell this is a long sad year.

Charlie - solid as a rock, tight as a barnacle - always looked like he could've been chopping carrots ... the only fella who was immune to his own grooves... had to be just to hold things together.

Thanks, Charlie.

Man, that’s groovy AF

• edited August 2021

My favourite example of his understated ability to drive a swung groove was on the extended disco mix of ‘Miss You’. Simple 4 to the floor drumming but boy those hats are delicious on top of the lazy snares. The way the bass and drums interact is simply sublime.

• RIP Charlie Watts 😕💐🙏

• Can’t believe they’re all approaching 80... shit, so am I! And Keith outlives him. Incredible.