Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iRig 1 still in use or?

edited August 2021 in Other

It's all I have for input but it seems to feedback a lot. Anyone still use these or are they too problematic for some reason?

Comments

• edited August 2021

I still use it with my iPad 6th gen with the headphone Jack. I use it with Brusfri which helps reduce the hum.

Edit: It's not my main choice as I also have an Apogee Jam, and a Zoom U44. But it is easy to connect and setup, so I sometimes default to it. Plus, I get an "analog feel" from some of my iOS apps when I capture the output of my iPhone into my iPad.

• It was my first interface maybe 7 or 8 years ago, couldn’t record with it at all, lots of feedback and when I used it with garage band or other daws I had at the time, I think it was MusicStudio. Other tracks would bleed onto it, probably because it used the headphone jack. I would definitely not recommend it for multi tracking. Maybe just for practicing if you can get it not to feedback.

• @Strizbiz said:
    It was my first interface maybe 7 or 8 years ago, couldn’t record with it at all, lots of feedback and when I used it with garage band or other daws I had at the time, I think it was MusicStudio. Other tracks would bleed onto it, probably because it used the headphone jack. I would definitely not recommend it for multi tracking. Maybe just for practicing if you can get it not to feedback.

That's about where I'm at.

• Have you tried using it via the lightning to headphone jack adapter? I’ve read it works better that way.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Have you tried using it via the lightning to headphone jack adapter? I’ve read it works better that way.

Haven't tried that. Never thought of it and don't even have that adapter. Might give it a burl.

• The only use I've found for it lately is for connecting a microphone to the Arturia Microfreak via the headphone jack. For the Microfreak vocoder feature to work you need a microphone with a TRRS 3.5mm tip and the old Irig works as an adapter that I can still use the headphone jack with.

• edited August 2021

Butt texted this second one. Apologies