Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Question about th-u

When you purchase rigs can you also add individual components to those amps, for instance can I purchase an eq pedal and add it to a rig? I’m trying to figure out the best route to take when making purchases

Comments

• @audiobussy said:

Ent > Yes
    What iap have you made? I thought about buying the ultimate but then there are so many amps and pedals that I simply would not use. I’m interested in metal and crunch type of stuff so there is a lot I would just not use. I would like to expermient a bit I would not use stuff like phase/flanger though….I’m more interested in jcm800/2000, 6505, engl, 5150 ect along with an eq pedals and od pedals so I cannot justify spending $120 so I was asking because I’m not sure the most effective way to make my purchases so should I buy the rigs and then buy individual components for the pedals and cabs? I also listened to some of the packs demos so are the packs the best way to go or should I stick with rigs? The other question that I have is can you use amps from a rig and then use on of the pedals in another rig and can you use a pedal from another rig purchase? I was considering nembrini but I just did not see many pedals with those apps

• @jdolecek49 said:
    When you purchase rigs can you also add individual components to those amps, for instance can I purchase an eq pedal and add it to a rig? I’m trying to figure out the best route to take when making purchases

Yes that’s the whole beauty of it, combining a Rig with their pedals.

Each Rig you buy has all its profiles inside the “Rig Player”, which is an all purpose amp face that loads whatever rigs you purchased. Some of those profiles already have real overdrive pedals baked into the profile, which you can read about in the rig descriptions.

But in addition to that, each Rig has its own preset bank that you can find if you scroll in the top center menu. This preset bank combines rig profiles with th-u pedals that already come with the free demo. If there’s a preset that includes a pedal outside of the free demo, it will be locked.

By the way, it makes no sense to buy individual components a la carte for $5. Just buy one or both of the pedal bundles (all FX, all Distortions). Those are the best deals in the app. Then you use any of those with a Rig. The Metal and Funk bundles are also good, but there’s no discount on buying the same component twice…

• edited August 2021

The Rigs are simply a collection of many many profiles of an amp, like a Kemper. So you can think of it like a bunch of profiles of an amp. A Rig will come with 50 or 100 or 200 profiles, you can tweak each profile with the knobs of the Rig Player, but a Rig is not an amp from scratch, it’s a collection of captures. The pedals inside the profiles are only overdrives and distortions, they are baked into the profiles and can’t be used in other amps or rigs. But a Rig is a real amp, and the baked in pedals are real as well. The amp sims and pedal sims are algorithmic emulations based on real hardware. The Rigs are captures of real hardware.

The pedal sims can be used with anything, they don’t belong to one bundle or anything like that.

• edited August 2021

It doesn’t make sense to buy anything a la carte. Let’s say you buy your 5 Metal amps that you want. Are you gonna buy the matching cabinets with those too? That’s $50 for 5 amps and 5 cabs. Then there’s no discount later on if you buy the ultimate. Unfortunately there is no create your own bundle option. The best deal is a Metal or Rock Bundle, lots of components for the price. Or the All pedal bundles. A la carte only makes sense if you buy like 1-3 components total.

The best sound will come from a Choptones Rig (which already uses their IRs by default, not cabinet sims), and the All fx bundle. But If you get just one metal amp rig and use the free pedals (reverb, chorus, etc..) along with the already high gain profiles, it’s more than enough. I like the Metal Bundle as well, the Randalls and Brunettis are amazing, and they are manufacturer authorized models.

• @jdolecek49 said:

@audiobussy said:

Ent > Yes
    What iap have you made? I thought about buying the ultimate but then there are so many amps and pedals that I simply would not use. I’m interested in metal and crunch type of stuff so there is a lot I would just not use. I would like to expermient a bit I would not use stuff like phase/flanger though….I’m more interested in jcm800/2000, 6505, engl, 5150 ect along with an eq pedals and od pedals so I cannot justify spending $120 so I was asking because I’m not sure the most effective way to make my purchases so should I buy the rigs and then buy individual components for the pedals and cabs? I also listened to some of the packs demos so are the packs the best way to go or should I stick with rigs? The other question that I have is can you use amps from a rig and then use on of the pedals in another rig and can you use a pedal from another rig purchase? I was considering nembrini but I just did not see many pedals with those apps

What is the rig player??

• @jdolecek49 said:

@jdolecek49 said:

@audiobussy said:

Ent > Yes

What is the rig player??

The rig player sits in an amp slot and loads a "rig". If you provide your email address , you get 10 or 20 free rigs to give you a sense of how it works.

You can try a lot out without having spent a dime.