Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

🤞If only AudioShare could shuffle and repeat. Make it happen Jonatan 🙏

2»

Comments

• @j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Also please Jonatan fix that hour glass black out bug which is still there after all these annoying time
    = years. Really screws up my work flow.

Unfortunately only very few users has reported this problem, and I have never been able to reproduce it myself. I've looked at that part of the code a thousand times and I can't see why it would happen.

@j_liljedahl Here is a screenshot and how it happens on my iPad (s) any iOS version.
    When I audition very quickly samples/audio files.
    The drawing of the waveform takes usually more time than the speed of my taps to switch to the next file.
    To listen to the samples/files one after the other take a fraction of second for me to identify it, before I switch to the next one.
    Normally the waveform change accordingly to the sample/file but at some point it gets stuck on the same waveform with the hour glass running non stop. Tapping on another audio file doesn't refresh it.
    The only way I found to reset it is to close and reopen Audioshare. Until the bug happens again.... It has been going on for years indeed, but I always expected it would be fixed in a next update.

• @Iskander said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Iskander said:
    Copy/paste multiple files (i.e. to/from the files-app) would be great

That's already there, you can select multiple files and then save them to files. Or you can import from files and select multiple files and all will be imported.

But there is no copy/paste to/from FILES in split-mode.

Have you tried this?

Multiples files from Audioshare to Files

Multiples files from Files to Audioshare

• edited September 2021

@Gilbert said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Also please Jonatan fix that hour glass black out bug which is still there after all these annoying time

Unfortunately only very few users has reported this problem, and I have never been able to reproduce it myself. I've looked at that part of the code a thousand times and I can't see why it would happen.

@j_liljedahl Here is a screenshot and how it happens on my iPad (s) any iOS version.
    The drawing of the waveform takes usually more time than the speed of my taps to switch to the next file.
    To listen to the samples/files one after the other take a fraction of second for me to identify it, before I switch to the next one.
    Normally the waveform change accordingly to the sample/file but at some point it gets stuck on the same waveform with the hour glass running non stop. Tapping on another audio file doesn't refresh it.
    The only way I found to reset it is to close and reopen Audioshare. Until the bug happens again.... It has been going on for years indeed, but I always expected it would be fixed in a next update.

Yeah - I get that too. Had it on iOS 13 (and maybe earlier) and also on 14.8 on my iPad Air 2 and Air 1 before that. I'm using homemade samples, no commerical ones at all.

Drives me nuts!

• @Simon said:

@Gilbert said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Yeah - I get that too. Had it on iOS 13 (and maybe earlier) and also on 14.8 on my iPad Air 2 and Air 1 before that. I'm using homemade samples, no commerical ones at all.

Drives me nuts!

Have you tried clearing the RAM with a soft reset? I do this by holding the power button until the 'slide to switch off' screen comes up, then holding the home button until I get an 'enter passcode' prompt. Not sure how it's done on devices without a home button, but there will be a way. It's fixed waveform lagginess for me, anyhow. It can fix a lot of problems.

• @Gilbert said:

@Iskander said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Iskander said:
    Copy/paste multiple files (i.e. to/from the files-app) would be great

That's already there, you can select multiple files and then save them to files. Or you can import from files and select multiple files and all will be imported.

But there is no copy/paste to/from FILES in split-mode.

Have you tried this?

Multiples files from Audioshare to Files

Many thanks. I know. But it would be nice to drag/drop in split-mode.

• For reversing audio and a few more standard editing functions, I've given up the hope years ago. I've even drawn UI dialogs suggesting how to seamlessly integrate them into the iPhone and iPad layouts...
    Finally, TwistedWave had to fill that gap.

• @Gilbert said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Samething here. It's been happening for years! Maddening! The only way to temporarily ditch it is to close the app and reopen it until it happens all over again which it will!! A Hard & soft Ipad reboot has NEVER fixed this issue ever. I have tried everything over the years before contacting Jonatan about it. Cheers, ED

• @colonel_mustard said:

@Simon said:

@Gilbert said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Drives me nuts!

Have you tried clearing the RAM with a soft reset? I do this by holding the power button until the 'slide to switch off' screen comes up, then holding the home button until I get an 'enter passcode' prompt. Not sure how it's done on devices without a home button, but there will be a way. It's fixed waveform lagginess for me, anyhow. It can fix a lot of problems.

Yup tried that old trick Captain but no luck here! ED

• @Simon said:

@Gilbert said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Drives me nuts!

+1! ED

• edited September 2021

@ElektrikDiva said:

@Simon said:

@Gilbert said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Drives me nuts!

+1! ED

This happens to me as well when previewing a series of samples automatically or manually. It doesn’t seem to be tied into any specific way of previewing but more happens after a period of time.

I would pay for a new updated version of AS. 😎👍🏼

• i could not pin down the source of this bug exactly, but it always happens to me when i do longer filemanaging tasks, often importing and exporting hundreds of files… so i think its probably connected to switching between apps.

also a shuffle and a reverse function are two things i have wished for a hundred times…

just thinking, without audioshare ios musicmaking would be nothing really

• @j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

PS wasn’t that nag screen to empty the trash going to be removed? I see it’s still there as well. AS could probably use a little TLCing ala a nice spit, polish and shine update seems like. THANK YOU! Cheers, ED

Indeed, however at this point the code base is so old that it might be more productive and efficient to start fresh and make a new AudioShare 3 version.

AS3 sounds great. One imagines it would sell well.

• @anickt said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

@Simon said:

@Gilbert said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Drives me nuts!

+1! ED

This happens to me as well when previewing a series of samples automatically or manually. It doesn’t seem to be tied into any specific way of previewing but more happens after a period of time.

I can totally understand the frustration! Unfortunately it's just guesswork trying to fix a bug that I can't reproduce myself, which is frustrating for me as well if that gives any comfort ;)

Thanks!

• @j_liljedahl said:

@anickt said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

@Simon said:

@Gilbert said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Drives me nuts!

+1! ED

I can totally understand the frustration! Unfortunately it's just guesswork trying to fix a bug that I can't reproduce myself, which is frustrating for me as well if that gives any comfort ;)

Thanks!

Looks like we need a fresh new version...Cheers ED

• My unreasonable request is to add the ability to Quantize Audio.

• edited September 2021

@j_liljedahl Batch file convert would be very welcomed… and the ability to convert to MP3.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @j_liljedahl Batch file convert would be very welcomed… and the ability to convert to MP3.

Yes, batch file convert would be great.

• This happens to me as well when previewing a series of samples automatically or manually. It doesn’t seem to be tied into any specific way of previewing but more happens after a period of time.

>

Hello @j_liljedahl, I also have this problem when quickly changing the playback of files.
    I suspect that here a buffer or cache overflows.
    After restarting the app it runs again for a while without problems, because the caches are probably cleared at startup.