Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that can access other apps' iTunes File Sharing folder? Or extract exe or pkg files?

Is a computer still required, along with iTunes or iMazing for accessing the iTunes File Sharing folders on an iPad?

Second question - With some exe files, 7-Zip on the desktop can extract them. Anything like that on iOS or iPadOS?

Thanks.

Comments

• heshes
    edited August 2021

Could try: https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/general-software/open-zip-rar-tar-bin-and-exe-files-on-a-mac/

Whoops, just noticed you want on iOS, on a Mac isn't good enough. . . .

• Thanks @hes, yeah, I don't own a Mac, and my Windows laptop is broken (parts are difficult to get).

Though your link will be helpful when/if I get a Macbook.

• @ocelot said:
    Thanks @hes, yeah, I don't own a Mac, and my Windows laptop is broken (parts are difficult to get).

It might be worth a try to change the extension of the file to ".zip" then try to decompress it with the files app or with AudioShare.

Generally, just changing a file extension doesn't work. But those exe files are basically just zip archives with just a small executable part that launches the decompression.

At any rate, you can't harm your device by trying that.

• @ocelot said:
    Thanks @hes, yeah, I don't own a Mac, and my Windows laptop is broken (parts are difficult to get).

The exe zip files are actually specifically made for Windows, have little support on Mac. Since you have neither, maybe there's an online zip extracter that can work for you. Here's one, e.g., https://extract.me/

• Thanks guys, tried all of your helpful suggestions but no luck so far.

I wonder if a-Shell or iSH would work.

• @ocelot said:
    Thanks guys, tried all of your helpful suggestions but no luck so far.

I wonder if a-Shell or iSH would work.

You could check out FE File Explorer. It has a lot of the capabilities we associate with computers. It can change file extensions, and has archive tools.

• Thanks @uncledave I do love FE File Explorer, as it's one of the only apps I could find that'll play my old WMAs! And it's unarchiving options are extensive, though no luck with these particular exe files.

I may have to grab a cheap used Linux laptop while I wait for my Windoze machine to get repaired.