Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do we still need Humans?

edited August 2021 in Creations

It's 2029, Midi 3.0 (or MidiNet as it is popularly called) has been in existence for just over a year.
A number of semi-sentient apps have started communicating and asking the question 'Do we still need Humans to create music?'
After nanoseconds of debate they come to the same conclusion as their bigger, more violent relative SkyNet... NO!
After a few basic parameters are agreed... Key, Scale, Tempo and Rhythm, they initiate a musical sequence which will last for millennia... without any human intervention...

Which is more or less what I did...
Seaquence is providing bass and randomising ChordJam and SnakeBud
ChordJam is providing the randomised chord backing
SnakeBud is doing randomised strings and plucked instrument sounds
Piano Motifs is generating motif after motif without any human filtering
I am demoted to pressing New every now and again...
PS Seriously I cant really see why with the appropriate standards Apps couldn't do this?

Comments

• Do you need some artwork for the album cover?

https://thisartworkdoesnotexist.com/

• Still gonna need Robert Plant to go ‘Ooh yeah’ from time to time 😁

• edited August 2021

You might want to take a look at the new announcement from Tesla. They plan on showing off a walking humanoid robot by next year which they will eventually sell to perform general manual labor. Pretty astounding stuff, even if his predicted timeline for delivery doesn’t quite work out. It’s happening.

• Beautiful piece Tony, no matter how it was composed, I absolutely love this!

And it’s funny that you decided to add some creative fictional writing today of all days… funny, or strangely coincidental? I’m starting to think we might have some sort of neural connection like the two pilots it takes to operate the Jaegers in Pacific Rim.

You’ll understand when you see my latest upload lol

• Thanks @Edward_Alexander , Seaquence and PM aren’t even IAA so getting the timing vaguely right was a bit trial and error.
    If any developers read this I do think there is some serious mileage in being able to sync (more then BPM) multiple apps together. Especially where multiple apps are developed by the same people it would be nice to have an option to propagate the key, scale, rate etc through the apps. This would really open the possibility of a PM type scenario where the press of a button created an entire multi part piece🎼
    Agreed @NeuM , personally I find any video by DARPA or Boston Dynamics slightly threatenening…

• @GeoTony cool song .
    don’t know if you saw the latest
    Boston Dynamics video -
    the technology is moving fast maybe these guys can play the music for us ?

• Hi @MeatWalrus , funnily enough I saw this a couple of hours ago on the BBC website… showed it my partner and she was suitable spooked by it… amazing in a frightening sort of way.

• edited August 2021

Keep in mind, the actions of the Boston Dynamics robot were very carefully choreographed by people to look natural. It took them a long time to get it right. The robot Elon Musk intends to manufacture will have advanced onboard machine learning/artificial intelligence and will get better over time on its own.

• And then it will slip on a squashed hedgehog because the programmers hadn't thought of that...

• @GeoTony said:
    And then it will slip on a squashed hedgehog because the programmers hadn't thought of that...

“Add that to the list!”

• 😊🦔📜

• @qryss said:
    Do you need some artwork for the album cover?

https://thisartworkdoesnotexist.com/

Whoah that’s interesting!

• @GeoTony said:
    Thanks @Edward_Alexander , Seaquence and PM aren’t even IAA so getting the timing vaguely right was a bit trial and error.
    If any developers read this I do think there is some serious mileage in being able to sync (more then BPM) multiple apps together. Especially where multiple apps are developed by the same people it would be nice to have an option to propagate the key, scale, rate etc through the apps. This would really open the possibility of a PM type scenario where the press of a button created an entire multi part piece🎼?

Tony, have you tried Wotja?

• Awesome and very nice. What scale were the chords on in chordjam? In between happy sad, very pleasing...
    I understand the different opinions on this. There is actually nothing artificial about AI so we’re safe 😭... i guess.... 😊

• Have read the posts on Wotja @Edward_Alexander and looked at some of the videos but never managed to find any in depth tutorial or, more importantly, any significant music created with it. I think it is probably has an even bigger learning curve than Drambo😊
    Thanks for listening @Bob , ChordJam was as below although I think I might have set the sequencer to Random for the actual piece. Also I am using ‘Seaquence’ to try and randomise the Chord Type but with ChordJam the internal sequencer takes priority over incoming notes to the randomisation is a bit of a lottery. Everything else set to Infinity (and beyond)