Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 1.8 update and new project importer now available!

Hello all,

Cubasis 1.8 is now available from the app store catapulting Cubasis to a new level of awesomeness.
This is the biggest and most anticipated update so far and includes countless fixes, improvements and new features.
The biggest new features are without a doubt the automation and the MIDI CC's support. As a consequence, all sustain pedal issues are solved with this update.
The 1.8 update also includes a phase inversion plug-in, a global mixer side panel, a redesigned effect rack and Audiobus 2 support.

For a detailed list please follow the link bellow:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=57782

Today we have also released the 1.5 update for the Cubasis Project Importer. You will need this update to be able to import your Cubasis 1.8 projects into Cubase.
It will be available as always at:
http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter

Best regards,
GN

Comments

• Awesome, huge update! Thanks @GuillermoNavarrete

• Super update! Thanks for your hard work, this app gets better and better

• Hi @GuillermoNavarete great news,but NOT available in the dutch app store yet ;-)

• I'm happy that automation finally arrived but i waited THAT long...i can wait another couple of hours and check other peoples experiences first.I'm afraid that a massive update like this introduces new bugs.Btw,the undo function recently killed half of my already finished song.Just sayin.Undo is still a mess and takes up to 2 minutes on big projects.Useless.Anyway,thanks for the update!

• Not even a 6:1 negative:positive ratio there Crabby, you're not trying hard enough...

• Right,i better move on to a beatmaker thread.

• Have only had time for quick look but the automation seems very well done!

• Now this is finally a whole different ballgame. Shame my iPad 3 just wont't take this anymore. The CPU is hicking up badly :). Let's see if Apple announces the next Ax round upgrades at WWDC. Need to buy me a new ipad mini or air.

Well done Steinberg you nailed it with that update. Awesome.

• Thanks for making the worlds greatest ios DAW even more awesome. Thanks for updating it on such a frequent basis also. I feel Loved//// heheheh.

• Here's the link for new buyers like myself who want to give Audiobus a kickback.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cubasis-music-production-system/id583976519?mt=8

• What is a "global mixer side panel?"

• OK, when I open the automation editor for an midi instrument track, I can see Volume, Pan, Mute - anyone worked out how to create a new automation and assign to a specific midi CC?

• Open the midi editor first, then select automation from there, bottom left

• @OliverImseng it hits CPU hard but my iPad 3 seems to cope ok so far

• I'm excited about the update but they still have not fixed the MIDI Input routing issues. Now that MIDI CCs can be recorded, this function is even more important and needs to work! Argh.

Otherwise, the implementation of automation is very smooth, and you can record MIDI CCs just fine (provided you guess correctly which MIDI Input port is which).

• @TedBPhx said:

Open the midi editor first, then select automation from there, bottom left

OK, can see the CC listing in the midi editor, select the CC# that I want to assign a new automation lane ...... then what is the next step? Cannot create a new automation in midi editor, and if I go back automation editor still don't get any new CC shown?

• Don't have my iPad with me.
    But I'm curious Can I route multiple chains of Audiobus 2 to multiple inputs of Cubasis and record realtime?

• @mach5 use the standard tool bar. Draw, select, erase. Just as you would for midi notes.

• edited May 2014

Hello,

@TedBPhx said:

What is a "global mixer side panel?"

The mixer has been extended by a global mixer panel (located to the right) that provides the following options:

• Global Mute
    • Global Solo
    • Global Read
    • Global Write
    • Go "to" source button
    • Global Monitoring
    • Global Record Enable

Best regards,
    GN

• @alexbuga said:

Don't have my iPad with me.
    But I'm curious Can I route multiple chains of Audiobus 2 to multiple inputs of Cubasis and record realtime?

You could do that in 1.7 so presume OK in 1.8 :)

• edited May 2014

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you can automate only 3 parameters per track at a time. The automation tab in the track inspector has only 3 slots.

• @TedBPhx got it - thanks, I can see it is possible to add CC automation in the midi editor however seems to only allow stepped changes at beat intevals.The dedicated automation editor allows gradients and any position, however still see no way to choose and edit any CC in this editor?

• Here's a random CC

• edited May 2014

@Maarten said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you can automate only 3 parameters per track at a time. The automation tab in the track inspector has only 3 slots.

Hi Maarten,

No, you can automate all parameters at the same time, not just 3.
    I would recommend checking the documentation about the new automation and MIDI CC features, as this a complex topic. You can find it here as a PDF:
    http://crohde.steinberg.de/Cubasis18.pdf

• edited May 2014

@chrohde thanks for correcting me! I'll check the manual!

Update: I've read the manual, applied the new information and it works! More than three parameters can be automated per track. Great update!!!

• @crohde Is there a fix for the MIDI Input port issue on the horizon?

• Can't wait to get home from work! Been waiting all day to play with this. Might be an all nighter tonight.

• @GuillermoNavarrete / Crohde really good work guys. Thanks so much.

• So, did anyone try this on an iPad2 yet? Will my options be to upgrade my hardware or uninstall and move on to something else?