Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: bargain alert - Sennheiser Ambeo Headset, great field recorder on firesale

Comments

• Hi Gang

Worth a Bump B) these are good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164325780403

They also have the white for a squid less.

(Check you have the latest firmware in the App Store)

• The firmware update for this headset is performed through the Apogee app. Don’t go searching for a Sennheiser app on the app store. The firmware update process is painless too (you’ll notice some old reviews complaining about the firmware installation process; any bugs have since been fixed).

• A couple more field recordings done with these:

Clear Birdsong

Crickets and wind

• @stown said:
    @LoopyFruit it was just an option that Amazon offered when I added the ambeos to my cart. “Asurion 3 year Portable Electronic Accident Protection Plan with Tech Support $60-69.99”

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q4767F2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Many thanks.

• @jonmoore said:
    The firmware update for this headset is performed through the Apogee app. Don’t go searching for a Sennheiser app on the app store. The firmware update process is painless too (you’ll notice some old reviews complaining about the firmware installation process; any bugs have since been fixed).

You should also grab the Apogee Metarecorder app. Plugging the headset in unlocks the full version including 96kHz 24 bit recording...👍

• edited August 2021

@richardyot said:
    A couple more field recordings done with these:

Clear Birdsong

Crickets and wind

Wow the birdsong sounds great, thanks for sharing Richard.

What recording software are you using?

• edited August 2021

@enkaytee said:

You should also grab the Apogee Metarecorder app. Plugging the headset in unlocks the full version including 96kHz 24 bit recording...👍

Nice I hadn’t realised that the Ambeo unlocks Metarecorder. The feature that allows you to syncronise recordings from four seperate iOS devices at the same time really is revolutionary, especially if you’re doing a true surround sound project.

I have two Ambeo headsets already, sod it, I might as well buy another two pairs at the current price. With each Ambeo having a 3D sound stage, the end result of recording from 4 different postions will go beyond quadrophonic!

@richardyot, this is the gift that keeps on giving. 🎧 🎧 🎧 🎧

• @jonmoore said:

@enkaytee said:

Nice I hadn’t realised that the Ambeo unlocks Metarecorder. The feature that allows you to syncronise recordings from four seperate iOS devices at the same time really is revolutionary, especially if you’re doing a true surround sound project.

I have two Ambeo headsets already, sod it, I might as well buy another two pairs at the current price. With each Ambeo having a 3D sound stage, the end result of recording from 4 different postions will go beyond quadrophonic!

@richardyot, this is the gift that keeps on giving. 🎧 🎧 🎧 🎧

I think you still have to pay £8.99 as an IAP for multi device support...

• @enkaytee said:

I think you still have to pay £8.99 as an IAP for multi device support...

A bargain considering the benifits. Doing this type of setup traditionally is a PITA.

• @LoopyFruit said:

@richardyot said:

Clear Birdsong

Crickets and wind

Just recording into AudioShare, the biggest problem is avoiding noise pollution, especially cars and aircraft (and the odd over-excited dog)!

What I love about this is that you can name and catalog the files as you record them. The trouble with a lot of field recorders is that they create a bunch of files with unhelpful names. With AudioShare you avoid this completely.

• edited August 2021

@richardyot said:
    What I love about this is that you can name and catalog the files as you record them. The trouble with a lot of field recorders is that they create a bunch of files with unhelpful names. With AudioShare you avoid this completely.

I do miss the ability from my old portable unit to add a prefix before recording. Having to name everything after recording in AudioShare can get tedious. The ability to pause and add markers would also be great.

• @richardyot Just got a pair of these from Amazon after seeing this post, I have to say I'm very impressed, this will be cool for my outdoor walkabout videos, plus Richard, I'm just uploading my video for the FlowTones Pack, so hopefully it should be a Premier tonight at 8.00 PM U.K Time on my channel.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @richardyot Just got a pair of these from Amazon after seeing this post, I have to say I'm very impressed, this will be cool for my outdoor walkabout videos, plus Richard, I'm just uploading my video for the FlowTones Pack, so hopefully it should be a Premier tonight at 8.00 PM U.K Time on my channel.

Awesome - looking forward to it.

• I know I just bought a pair but I won’t be able to try them out for like a week…. So I have a question…. How are they with wind? Are there any little wind muffs people are using?

• @stown said:
    I know I just bought a pair but I won’t be able to try them out for like a week…. So I have a question…. How are they with wind? Are there any little wind muffs people are using?

They do pick up wind, my solution is to wear a woolly hat!

• edited August 2021

—-

• edited August 2021

@jonmoore said:

@richardyot said:

What you meant to say was your custom wearable microphone pop filter, which even works for 3D audio recorded from two microphone positions!

• Yeah thanks for this post, I also picked some up and they will be useful :)
    A hat is a good idea or some ear muffs. I did notice the wind sensitivity was pretty noticable on these, but that's to be expected and seem better than comparable options.

• Thanks @richardyot grabbed a black pair... gonna need a dead bumblebee rather than hamster/cat for wind noise! Could fashion one from lavalier mic shields or diy it...

I diyed my windscreen for my zoom from fake fur samples!

• Can't wait to see people walking around with tufts of fake fur coming out of their ears! 🤣

• @richardyot said:
    Can't wait to see people walking around with tufts of fake fur coming out of their ears! 🤣

That works for me, but only if they’re leopard skin!

• @richardyot said:

@LoopyFruit said:

@richardyot said:

Clear Birdsong

Crickets and wind

Just recording into AudioShare, the biggest problem is avoiding noise pollution, especially cars and aircraft (and the odd over-excited dog)!

Thanks.

• @richardyot said:

@stown said:
    I know I just bought a pair but I won’t be able to try them out for like a week…. So I have a question…. How are they with wind? Are there any little wind muffs people are using?

Genius - though presumably you have to have botox injections to avoid any surprised eyebrow movements?

I bought 'used' on ebay UK (from earlier in this thread), the box had been opened, but everything was as new and they definitely had never seen another human's ears.

• @steve99 said:

I bought 'used' on ebay UK (from earlier in this thread), the box had been opened, but everything was as new and they definitely had never seen another human's ears.

I think we both purchased from the same ebay store. Mine were identical. Box opened but definitely never worn.

Best £22 I’ve spent in a while.

• @steve99 said:
    they definitely had never seen another human's ears.

I could wax on for hours about how great this deal is.

• @jonmoore said:

@steve99 said:

I think we both purchased from the same ebay store. Mine were identical. Box opened but definitely never worn.

Best £22 I’ve spent in a while.

Same here I purchased the last one, box opened but never used.

• Seems like the AB crew bought em all :)

• Great thread. Thanks everyone. I grabbed a pair off Amazon for $65 usd. I really like the recorded examples, but most importantly I like being able to listen to music and still be aware of my surroundings. I joined a 24-hour gym and usually go late night/early morning when it's not busy. I live in the city (Philly) and walk a half mile to get there. Not anyone ever messes with me, but you never know.

Speaking of cheap deals for location recording. I grabbed a couple of these for $10 each off Amazon earlier this year and then they vanished. You can still find them cheap floating around on Ebay or whereever. Probably because it's an old 30-pin accessory, but works fine with a 30-pin to lightning adapter. I keep it attached to an old iphone and it works pretty well, more directional than ambient, so it's better for recording sound FX. Apparently it's the same mics from the older Tascam portable recorders.

https://tascam.com/us/product/im2w/top

• edited September 2021

So I took the plunge and got a pair from Amazon, and they are great.
    Many thanks for the find @richardyot
    In this video, I take them for a field test.