Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead: Record Glitch/Chaos as MIDI

Is there any way to record the glitch/chaos within Hammerhead as MIDI? I’m hoping to find a way to capture specific bars that end up sounding cool when it plays through. Basically using the randomization as a method to create something predictable/replicable.

@brambos

Comments

• @DukeWonder said:
    Is there any way to record the glitch/chaos within Hammerhead as MIDI? I’m hoping to find a way to capture specific bars that end up sounding cool when it plays through. Basically using the randomization as a method to create something predictable/replicable.

They don’t output MIDI, but they do output AU parameters, so they can be recorded in comptible hosts.

• @brambos said:

@DukeWonder said:

They don’t output MIDI, but they do output AU parameters, so they can be recorded in comptible hosts.

Okay thanks. So really to capture exactly what I’m hearing, I need to record it as audio instead of MIDI. I tried recording the MIDI with the “read/write” functionality on in Cubasis 3 and on playback, it still didn’t have the glitches if I turned the “play” off in Hammerhead.

• @DukeWonder said:

@brambos said:

@DukeWonder said:

Okay thanks. So really to capture exactly what I’m hearing, I need to record it as audio instead of MIDI. I tried recording the MIDI with the “read/write” functionality on in Cubasis 3 and on playback, it still didn’t have the glitches if I turned the “play” off in Hammerhead.

Yeah, the glitches are actually an audio effect which is applied to the rendered audio. So the internal sequencer also never sees it as “MIDI” or actual triggers. It’s unaware of the glitches :)