Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tip request: Sequencing sliced up beats in AUM host

A long time ago, I used to make drum n bass tracks with Fasttracker 2. I am hoping to duplicate that basic workflow using Drambo flexisamplers for the loops and SunVox to sequence them tracker style. I can't seem to make SunVox recognize AUM as a midi out. I'll keep combing through the manuals and stuff, but what I'm mostly wondering is if anybody here is doing any crazy beatslice/sequencing stuff and if so: What are you using to sequence the breaks?

I've also tried Atom 2, LK, and Drambo, but I've always hated midi piano rolls for drum sequencing and Drambo's song mode is tricky. Tracker style slice sequencing just seems so right.

Comments

• Currently SunVox (When used as an AUv3) doesn't have Midi-Out, only Midi-In.
    If you hook up SunVox as IAA (Launch stand-alone first and enable background audio) to AUM Midi Out should work.

Don't know what features SunVox 2.0 will get but it seems to be a gigantic update...
    ReSlice (Copy a file in Files.app and 'Paste' it into ReSlice AUv3) and sEGments are two other options.

As for FlexiSampler in Drambo, you could always P-Lock the position on the steps similar to Sample-Offset command in trackers. For precision you can always open the sample in a bigger view and p-lock from there.

Lets just put it this way that all aspects of Drambo will improve over time and the developer is super responsive :)
    http://forum.beepstreet.com

Cheers!

• edited August 2021

Thanks for your response! I love SunVox, Drambo, and AUM, and hope to be able to tie them together more seamlessly some day. Fingers crossed that'll happen in the new SunVox update.

Playing around with P-Locks in Drambo after reading your post: I think I should be taking it more seriously as a sequencer. I've never been able to get my head around the best way to trigger the patterns in Drambo from within AUM (or if I even should). I've played with using Drambo and Atom 2 to sequence different Drambo tracks, but then I feel like I lose a lot of the value p-locking gives.

• Wouldn't using only sunvox be what you need? :wink:
    I never used the sample module inside it, so i'm not sure 😂

• edited August 2021

@gleandibson fwiw, once you have a sample in a FlexiSampler, you can just set it up to play back Slices based on specific Chromatic notes, so you can do your Tracker style playback...each note being a specific Slice in the Sample.

Here's a quick overview of what I mean: