Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

COMING SOON from Nembrini Audio

Coming soon from Nembrini Audio for desktop and iOS users. The Black Distortion is modeled on a RAT2 distortion pedal and will be made available for free. The release date is yet to be confirmed.

Comments

• The beta for this is great, without a doubt this thing is AUTHENTIC, I cannot tell the difference between black and an actual Rat2. Even the filter knob and the unity gain on the Level is exactly right. A testament to Nembrini’s skill, and it’s free…

• 👍👍

• This one is really interesting for me...
    ...first time I heard this pedal for real was when my music teacher (I was in 7th Grade) hooked it up to a Korg MS-20 :sunglasses:

And for free, I'll likely end up getting another plug-in to compensate...

• That is amazing! I’m excited! :) Thank you Nembrini have been waiting for that pedal!

• Holy crap hell yes

• Awwe yiss. It's gonna give me that dirty glam goodness, that happy sloppy apocalyptic funk metal flavor.
    Thank you Nembrini.

The timbre of a RAT2 has a specific personality that really lives up to its name. It sounds so good in the context of arena rock and black metal, that I always forget how intense it sounds out of context.

With the Drive knob set to max, a RAT2 can take any audio input, and convert it into the same PSHHHH sound.

Here's a link to the Drambo emulation created by @rs2000
    in case anyone's curious.

https://patchstorage.com/the-rat-distortion/

• yasss.. me very fav dist pedal, alongside with OCD.. thanks Nembrini!!

• Love the RAT.

• edited August 2021

@AliAhmet said:
    Coming soon from Nembrini Audio for desktop and iOS users. The Black Distortion is modeled on a RAT2 distortion pedal and will be made available for free. The release date is yet to be confirmed.

Dope, can’t wait for this even though I have AD’s , is that the same? still be a welcome edition to my apps though.

• Wait is this a single purchase auv3??

• wimwim
    edited August 2021

@seventyfour said:
    Wait is this a single purchase auv3??

?
    It's going to be free when it comes out.

• Well I wasn’t saying it right. Is this a single auv3 or part of a larger Suite?I definitely need this ASAP if I can use it alone.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@AliAhmet said:

Dope, can’t wait for this even though I have AD’s , is that the same? still be a welcome edition to my apps though.

Are you referring to Ratshack Reverb? That’s a lo-fi analog delay

• wimwim
    edited August 2021

@seventyfour said:
    Well I wasn’t saying it right. Is this a single auv3 or part of a larger Suite?I definitely need this ASAP if I can use it alone.

Ahh now I understand. All Nembrini apps on iOS are single units.

• edited August 2021

Hey @NembriniAudio forgive my impatience I’m just too excited about this pedal. Is there a timeframe in which we can expect the release of this AUv3 goodness?

• Uhm… I’m still excited about this little guy... Just saying 😬

• Will be nice to check out how it compares to this in ToneStack Pro considering it will be free :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:
    Will be nice to check out how it compares to this in ToneStack Pro considering it will be free :sunglasses:

Oh interesting! Thanks for the hint Samu 😎

• @NoiseFloored said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@AliAhmet said:

Are you referring to Ratshack Reverb? That’s a lo-fi analog delay

I was. I couldn’t remember what it was listed as, I thought it was a old school reverb, that also can do some mild distortion, & delay with adjustments. But yea it’s not the same thing at all.

• miRack has the very good NYSTHI Rodent V2 module.
    @rs2000 made the even better (IMO) The Rat Distortion for Drambo.

• edited September 2021

Still waiting with anticipation. Is it actually coming? @AliAhmet is there any other sign?

• 🙌🙌🙌🙌 and for free thank you @NembriniAudio ! I’ll test this out like right now!

• It adds a nice edge to synth sounds as well, so not purely for strings...
    (Brings back nice memories from school when the music teacher pushed a Korg MS-20 thru it LOL).

• I really like this pedal! It is the Rat sound!
    Is there a chance that you can increase the level of the level knob @NembriniAudio ? It seems a little bit low (quite a bit lower than the NA 808 and Minotaur). I like to play Rat pedals with very little drive so I have to increase the level quite a bit to compensate.

• @jacou said:
    I really like this pedal! It is the Rat sound!
    Is there a chance that you can increase the level of the level knob @NembriniAudio ? It seems a little bit low (quite a bit lower than the NA 808 and Minotaur). I like to play Rat pedals with very little drive so I have to increase the level quite a bit to compensate.

Interesting observation, but I think it’s an intentional choice for the faithful recreation of the hardware. During the beta phase I also thought maybe the default level was too low, since with all 3 knobs at 12 o’clock, activating the pedal caused a quieter signal. But it turns out that even with the original Rat2, unity gain is with the level knob at 1-2 o’clock, and that’s exactly what happens with Black. So I agree there could be an extra notch or two on the level knob and I suggested it, but it’s probably an intentional choice to keep it authentic. It’s worth asking Nembrini by emailing their beta team though. But you may want to use a different component to boost your signal.

• Nembrini makes the best overdrive and distortion plugins on iOS!

Black
    The Boss
    Minotaur
    Analog rack Fuzz
    808 OD

They are all amazing actually! Even the PSA1000 preamp gets an awesome harmonic saturation that is distortion adjacent.

For non-Nembrini OD and distortions:
    Chow Centaur
    Overloud Brunetti Vanilla
    Overloud Brunetti Taxi Drive
    Overloud Analog Booster
    Overloud FatMuff
    Amplitube Fulltone OCD
    Saturn 2

• @jacou said:

@jacou said:

Minotaur is much too loud.
    Try this before overloud or whatever and turn the level loud.
    Check overloud's or whatever input level.
    You'll see what I mean😉.

• I'm happy with the output level. No 'nasty surprises' or clipping when tweaking the knobs to the max :sunglasses:
    (A tip for maximum destruction, Rat -> Bleass Saturator).

• Looking forward to a play with this Black distortion tonight, a 303 through a pro-co Rat , for that classic gritty Hardfloor 303 sound