Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audioshare updated

Updated with a number of new features and fixes.

Comments

• edited March 2014

• edited February 2013

The Dropbox integration is very useful. The way AudioShare handles file management is great. I wish BeatMaker 2's file management was this good.

Left a 5 star review.

• yea BM2 file management is well... sad. audioshare rocks

• Nice update, big thumbs up for upside down portrait mode on iphone and dropbox integration. Thanks again

• It's the first time I have seen the facility to delete the audiocopy/paste board.

• Wow, great work. Audioshare is an integral part of my workflow now and keeps getting better. Thank you Jonatan for listening to what users want and implementing feasible requests so quickly and efficiently!

• Thank you all for the appreciation!

Yes, AudioShare is the only app that allows you to delete items on the audiocopy pasteboard, as far as I know. I have contacted Sonoma Wireworks and suggested they add this feature to their official SDK.

Please consider to leave a review on the appstore if you haven't already ;)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audioshare-audio-document/id543859300?ls=1&mt=8

• @j_liljedahl I think a new bug was introduced in the latest version of Audioshare unfortunately. when I try and use it in the input and output slots of Audiobus to process it thru the FX slot, the audio that is recorded into Audioshare is automatically Normalized or the recorded volume of the processed wave is boosted to a much higher level. I was able to reproduce this with both nils and JamUp XT Pro in the effect slot. can you take a look? otherwise, great update.

• @hypoetical: I just answered your mail, but couldn't access the forum. Now I can, so I'll answer here too: Actually AudioShare has been automatically normalizing recordings since version 2.1 :) But I'm planning to add a toggle for this, and mono/stereo, etc..

• thanks! sorry I didn't realize this was a feature. thanks for the swift reply.

• @hypoetical: Funny to at last be able to say "it's not a bug, it's a feature!" ;)
    But sure, I can see why some might want to turn this off.

• The 2.4.1 update is out. This app gets better and better.

• @hypoetical: ...and 2.4.1 features a normalize on/off toggle in record settings :)

• @j_liljedahl dude you're like the best dev ever! :)

• @j_liljedahl: Can't remember if I've already asked for this, but how about a "convert to mono" button for existing files?

It bugs me that BM2 doesn't have that feature.

• @hypoetical: Wow, thanks :)
    @haunted: I think you did, and yes that will come!

• Is it possible to import a folder of 16 individual chops/samples from say werkbench(if it were to add the option)???

And does anyone know if the above were true,could that said folder be imported into bm2 and dropped onto the 16 pads?

• I don't think there's any standard for transferring multiple samples in one go, except the 12 slots of sonoma wireworks pasteboard.

• There are a few programs that export (essentially) zips of the sound files - loopy and Nanostudio come to mind. Would be awesome if there were a standard. Particularly for getting sets of drum hits moved around on iOS ("wish I could open this Nanostudio trg bank in dm1") and for getting tracks into a DAW. Like loopy sets into auria or Animoog tracks into Cubasis, for instance.

@j_liljedahl maybe you could set the standard? :)

• What about a folder containing say 16,32..(any number)Samples?
    If any app could produce it,could audioshare import it?

• I will certainly look into supporting ZIP files in audioshare. Both to store them as is, and extract them in AudioShare.

• We're on the same page syrupcore.

• I'm thinking of adding 'zip-of-wav' format to Werkbench's export options. Possibly with a metadata file in there as well. If the contents are ordered alphabetically, it would be easy for any number of apps to handle importing and vis versa without a strict naming scheme.

• Something like that would be really useful and because werkbench can quickly and easily create sequences,it would make workflow a lot smoother between apps.
    Thank you for considering this Karl.

• Yes, thank you both for considering it!

@karl that is what Nanostudio and loopy do - zip of the audio files with an XML file for metadata. Thumbjam does the same I believe.

Seems like for any amount of interoperability there would need to be at least the most basic of schemas. Nanostudio's trg format is dead simple but something based on cakewalk's sfz format might allow for more action (plus an established spec/doc suite).

• Handy if we could drop a folder into funkbox-has decent midi set up..clock ect.
    If triqtraq hop on,would be an easy way to load their pads.
    Could be useful in bm2,possibly glitchbreaks and maybe samplr.
    Sure there are more apps where this function could make life a little easier for us.
    Could it be better(easier) then relying on iTunes file sharing to move things around or a least until(and if) you wanted to move your project onto a desktop to finish it...
    Keep everything you need on the pad/pod/phone??

• Excellent new update. The Beat snap works really well. Cheers Jonatan! :)

• Yes, great update.

When AudioShare was first released I ignored it because BM2 has its own file management with Dropbox support. I ended up buying it on a whim a couple months ago, since I liked Jonatan's BitWiz app. I'm glad I gave it a chance, because AudioShare blows away BM2's lackluster file management. Managing files is smooth and the app as a whole is slick. I told Intua to look at AudioShare to see how file management should be done.

Everything I record outside of BM2 gets recorded to AudioShare. My whole sample collection sits in AudioShare instead of BM2 now. It's just easier to work with!

• edited March 2014

• I just did a quick 5 star review on iTunes for it about how responsive and active the developer is