Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis for Yamaha MODx?

Dear AudioBus.
Recently I bought the Cubasis 2 and I am running the latest 2.85 version, I've got the MODX 6 and the IPAD 2020, When using the GarageBand, I receive audio sounds coming out of the MODX to the IPAD.
When I try to use the Cubasis 2, I don't hear audio, only MIDI.
I have to tell you that I've watched all Dom's videos and another video on youtube, Also, I tried to read the manual of the MODX and get answers.
Please help me to get the audio working on the Cubasis with the MODX, Thanks very much.

Comments

• How do you have the MODx connected to the iPad?

• edited August 2021

I think you need to create an Audio Track in Cubasis and select the MODX as the input and enable monitoring.

Usually when connecting an Audio Interface (which the MODX is since it supports both audio & midi over USB) iOS defaults to using the external audio-interface.

So when the MODX is hooked to the iPad I would just connect the headphones / speakers to the MODX and enjoy higher quality audio than what the iPad speakers can provide.

• @Samu said:
    I think you need to create an Audio Track in Cubasis and select the MODX as the input and enable monitoring.

Usually when connecting an Audio Interface (which the MODX is since it supports both audio & midi over USB) iOS defaults to using the external audio-interface.

So when the MODX is hooked to the iPad I would just connect the headphones / speakers to the MODX and enjoy higher quality audio than what the iPad speakers can provide.

I think this is correct, enabling an audio track for recording. Once this is set and you get sound working, on the MODX you can alter quite a few settings for DAW production including transmission of Arp data etc.

• @Samu said:

Hey! I tried to do it, but unsuccessfully...
    Can you please make a video?

• @Eden52 said:

Use the MODX as an external Audio Interface and skip using the headphone jack on the iPad as it confuses iPadOS.

I don't have a MODX but I do have an UR-242 audio interface and connecting headphones to the iPad while the interface is connected kills the output to the audio interface until I disconnect the headphones from the iPad.

There's most likely a chapter in the MODX manual on how to deal with USB audio and might be worth a read :sunglasses:
    (Ie. the MODX acts as class compliant a multi-channel usb audio interface and as such you can select those channels for recording and output on the Cubasis).

Dom Sigalas has already made a video about it...

• @Samu said:

@Eden52 said:

Use the MODX as an external Audio Interface and skip using the headphone jack on the iPad as it confuses iPadOS.

I don't have a MODX but I do have an UR-242 audio interface and connecting headphones to the iPad while the interface is connected kills the output to the audio interface until I disconnect the headphones from the iPad.

There's most likely a chapter in the MODX manual on how to deal with USB audio and might be worth a read :sunglasses:
    (Ie. the MODX acts as class compliant a multi-channel usb audio interface and as such you can select those channels for recording and output on the Cubasis).

Dom Sigalas has already made a video about it...

Thank you for your explanation,
    I'm glad someone can help me here.
    But I think it's not clear how I use the MODX with the iPad.
    I've already seen this video, But it does not help to solve the question.
    The iPad did not recognize the MODX as an audio interface. only the garage band recognize it.

• @Eden52 said:

Thank you for your explanation,
    I'm glad someone can help me here.
    But I think it's not clear how I use the MODX with the iPad.
    I've already seen this video, But it does not help to solve the question.
    The iPad did not recognize the MODX as an audio interface. only the garage band recognize it.

Are you using original Apple Lightning -> USB adapter with a USB-A to USB-B cable connected to the 'To Host' port on the MODX?

The MODX should be able to play any audio to pass to it from the iPad, Youtube, Spotify etc.

There's a volume knob (USB Volume) on the MODX that controls the audio level coming into the MODX over USB from the iPad, make sure it's turned up...

When an external Audio Interface such as the MODX is connected the iPad produces no audio from the speakers and IF you connect headphones to the iPad it will cut out the output to the Audio Interface.

So if you plan on using headphones connected them directly to the MODX.

If this doesn't work I'm out of ideas, sorry...

Good Luck Anyway :sunglasses: