Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Op1 users a question in my ongoing search for the ultimate ambient groove box. ( it’s my iPad)

Hey grooveniks! I was wondering if the op-1 could replace or accompany my iPad in a role of Ultimate ambient “groovebox” ever. I mostly make music with asynchronous loops and I was wondering if the op1 supported that function in its 4 track section? Im looking to make melodies and textures that phase in and out of each other.

At the moment I’m using koala sampler and gauss by playing melodies and pads into them and also loading sample loops, and I like using them but I am aware I’m constantly staring at a screen throughout the day and I was wondering if investing in an op-1 (or something else) I could get away from the screen a bit?

Comments

• i have a digitakt for this… a blast !

• @mlau said:
    i have a digitakt for this… a blast !

Oooh I’ll look into that! Thanks.

• Or maybe organelle m!?

• OP1 should be able to do what you want but there are plenty of cheaper options. (OP1 user).

• @sevenape said:
    Or maybe organelle m!?

probably not what you’re looking for

• @mlau said:

@sevenape said:
    Or maybe organelle m!?

probably not what you’re looking for

Probably not! Damn!

• @sevenape I will never try to talk someone out of new gear. But I recently went through some strong urges to buy a MPC or an OP. Then I realized I have so many tools on iPad that I don’t utilize. So there.

Really just trying again to convince myself from not buying anything. 😂😂

• edited August 2021

@onerez said:
    @sevenape I will never try to talk someone out of new gear. But I recently went through some strong urges to buy a MPC or an OP. Then I realized I have so many tools on iPad that I don’t utilize. So there.

indeed ! @sevenape the ipad is a very powerful tool. play in Aum and you won’t feel the screen !

• I quite like the look of those Organelle things, the older ones seem a bit more reasonable second hand now as well...

• edited August 2021

@sevenape said:

@mlau said:

Or the Octatrack if you want more versatility. Digitone and Analog Four are amazing synths also. Anything with an Elektron sequencer will let you do all kinds of phasing loops with conditional triggers and much more.

You’d still be staring at a screen though.

• @Dalle said:

@sevenape said:

@mlau said:

Or the Octatrack if you want more versatility. Digitone and Analog Four are amazing synths also. Anything with an Elektron sequencer will let you do all kinds of phasing loops with conditional triggers and much more.

You’d still be staring at a screen though.

Aaaaaaaargh!!!

• @Krupa said:
    I quite like the look of those Organelle things, the older ones seem a bit more reasonable second hand now as well...

I like the whole idea and aesthetic and concept. They are sort of like a hippy diy version of the op1 sort of

• @onerez said:
    @sevenape I will never try to talk someone out of new gear. But I recently went through some strong urges to buy a MPC or an OP. Then I realized I have so many tools on iPad that I don’t utilize. So there.

@mlau said:

@onerez said:

indeed ! @sevenape the ipad is a very powerful tool. play in Aum and you won’t feel the screen !

Yeah I know, the iPad is mega handy, really portable and super versatile. I know I know, but GAS is a strong emotion (emotion!?)

• I quite like the look of those Organelle things, the older ones seem a bit more reasonable second hand now as well...> @sevenape said:

@Krupa said:
    I quite like the look of those Organelle things, the older ones seem a bit more reasonable second hand now as well...

I like the whole idea and aesthetic and concept. They are sort of like a hippy diy version of the op1 sort of

Yeah that’s what appeals to me, I’ma bit of a sucker for open source gear :)

• OP-z can have different track lengths and you can use the step components to add further randomization to track lengths. No screen, and half the price of the OP-1. Personally I think the op-z is far better than the op-1.

• @Tarekith said:
    OP-z can have different track lengths and you can use the step components to add further randomization to track lengths. No screen, and half the price of the OP-1. Personally I think the op-z is far better than the op-1.

Listen!! Your OP-Z Eagle Scout video gave me hard core GAS for that….. I dont need you stoking the fire. 😂😂

• @Tarekith said:
    OP-z can have different track lengths and you can use the step components to add further randomization to track lengths. No screen, and half the price of the OP-1. Personally I think the op-z is far better than the op-1.

Oh! I’ve never even thought about that, I always somehow thought it needed an iPhone or computer or something

• Nope, you can use it standalone.

• @Tarekith said:
    Nope, you can use it standalone.

Time to watch some YouTube reviews! Cheers!

• @Tarekith said:

Thanks! Subscribed!

• How is the status of the OP-Z build quality? I was member of a OP-Z Facebook group with a lot of people reporting issues!?

• I've owned two and never had any issues, but there are definitely people out there who have units that got bent or double trigger buttons. I think recently on the OP-z forum a poll said about 20% of people had some sort of issue, they didn't.

• edited August 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maybe try a harmonica?

• @Tarekith said:

The Z is better.

Honestly though, the iPad can do everything both those machines do and more. Pair your iPad with a solid controller and there is no stopping. I sold both my Z and my 1 and have not looked back.

• I’d say either stick to your iPad or take a look at the Deluge. Its a great sequencer and there are plenty of ambient demos on YT 😉

• @I_sip_cupps said:

@Tarekith said:

The Z is better.

Honestly though, the iPad can do everything both those machines do and more. Pair your iPad with a solid controller and there is no stopping. I sold both my Z and my 1 and have not looked back.

Whats your controller of choice these days? Always curious what people are using
    Frankly, i should start selling some rather than just keep them collecting dust.

• Ok> @ehehehe said:

Digitakt. Or Octatrack. Model:Samples? The op1 tape sequencer is a joke to work seriously with, those lines are less than 1mm tall, while you have a spinning play indicator that’s 1,5 cm. All elektron boxes have cool sequencers that become an extention of yourself in a way the ipad never does. Also if you don’t like screens neither the op1 nor z are very tactile or sturdy (esp. compared to the OG elektron stuff). Just look at the size of those op-z buttons.

I guess you are using the ipad as a sound source? If not beware that the teenage engineering stuff has less parameters and sonic width than the free sounds available on app store.

Yes you are right I’m using the iPad and it is incredibly versatile and convenient, but i never even considered the digitakt, Is the model samples similar? Is the digitakt sofa friendly?! Haha