Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Baseus iPad USB-C HUB works really well!!

edited August 2021 in Other

Just bought this Baseus hub, latest upgraded version with on/off switch and two USB ports on the side:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKrNo9t

Everything works really well, very nice on a stand:

It has an audio Jack port which can help, but audio quality is not as good as Apple DAC dongle, it’s ok for composing but not mixing, bass is lacking and there is a bit of hiss.

Alloy casing helps dissipating heat really well while charging (PD 60W max), I use a 30W PD charger.

Works well here with Scarlett Solo Gen 3 and Nanokey 2, each one on its own USB port. No disconnections.

I still have to test HDMI and micro SD.

Not sure if it’s compatible with latest 12.9 M1 which is thicker, best to contact seller to check. Mine is a 11 M1.

EDIT: works well on TV in 4K/60 Hz, Netflix works well too as HDCP 1.4/2.2 is supported.

Comments

• Good news. Looks like it connects by cable, so no worries about the hub pulling on the iPad connector.

• edited August 2021

That is fantastic, finally someone made a iPad hub that is not an utter design failure. I cannot stand the sight of a dongle sticking off the side of an iPad, seems like an easy way to destroy the one port the iPad has.

I’ve been imagining a hub like this that attaches on the back of the iPad and eliminates the strain on the USB port. Looks like Amazon has it in US too
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TWG4F56/

• edited August 2021

@uncledave and @Hmtx

Hub’s extension cable USB-C connector is firm and stable on iPad port. Hub casing is also very stable on iPad case. Great design, also great build and alloy quality + all ports give firm and stable connection. Upgraded version with on/off switch is interesting too, as it allows to disable all devices without disconnecting any cable, seems to be better for ports longevity IMO (note that this will also disable charging).

• Instantly caved and ordered one of these. I had the Anker one that fits on the side of the iPad but it did not feel good at all- I had no confidence in it or its ability to stay connected. Oddly enough I sent it back to returns this morning, then this evening, a very sensibly-designed replacement appears!

I also have the official Apple one, but what were they thinking when they designed it? Not even a long enough lead to reach the lower edge of the iPad- instant port strain. I always use something under it to take the weight and prop it up.

Will report back on this one when it arrives.

• Apple really lets third party vendors eat their lunch when it comes to the accessories market. It’s as if they have no idea how people use their products in the real world some times.

• @NeuM said:
    Apple really lets third party vendors eat their lunch when it comes to the accessories market. It’s as if they have no idea how people use their products in the real world some times.

Yeah, and you'd think they'd be all over that blasting away the competition.
    I know music-making is an unimportant part of their overview for the product, but with the best brains in the business, they come up with things like an adaptor that drags weight towards the ground and stresses the device's only hardware port.

• I just got my Baseus adaptor.

Design and concept-wise this is the best thing I have seen- the Anker one is poor by comparison. Fit on my 11" Pro is great. It is snug and secure (turn it upside down and it will not fall off).
    At the same time the atachment is not too tight as to cause concern.

When viewed from the side, it looks like it was always part of the iPad- perhaps this is what a genuine Pro would look like!

• 'perhaps this is what a genuine Pro would look like!'

True. If only :(

• edited August 2021

@Anagram_R said:
    I just got my Baseus adaptor.

Design and concept-wise this is the best thing I have seen- the Anker one is poor by comparison. Fit on my 11" Pro is great. It is snug and secure (turn it upside down and it will not fall off).
    At the same time the atachment is not too tight as to cause concern.

When viewed from the side, it looks like it was always part of the iPad- perhaps this is what a genuine Pro would look like!

Yeah that’s a really nice gear!! Glad you like it. I can see on your pic there is a slight angle between the usb connector attached to iPad port and iPad casing. What I do to avoid that is to change wire shape with my fingers to avoid any stress on iPad casing and then connector will be perfectly aligned to iPad case. I don’t know if that is that easy to understand, perhaps a pic will help:

• edited August 2021

@Hmtx said:
    That is fantastic, finally someone made a iPad hub that is not an utter design failure. I cannot stand the sight of a dongle sticking off the side of an iPad, seems like an easy way to destroy the one port the iPad has.

I’ve been imagining a hub like this that attaches on the back of the iPad and eliminates the strain on the USB port. Looks like Amazon has it in US too
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TWG4F56/

These things have been around for a few years. Nothing new here, although it’s nice to get user reviews.
    I use a cable with my hub, so no stress on the ipad, and i can use it with my PC as well.

Horses for courses.

• @Janosax Many thanks.
    I couldn't see the one exactly like yours with the two USB A sockets, but still happy enough with mine.

• Would be nice to have a case with a headphone jack and usb ports.

• edited September 2021

@AudioGus said:
    Would be nice to have a case with a headphone jack and usb ports.

A laptop👌

• edited September 2021

@Janosax said:

@AudioGus said:

A laptop👌

I actually saw a dude walking down the street once in the rain with an umbrella and a laptop on his arm playing World of Warcraft.

• @AudioGus said:

@Janosax said:

@AudioGus said:

A laptop👌

I actually saw a dude walking down the street once in the rain with an umbrella and a laptop on his arm playing World of Warcraft.

Epic!!

• edited December 2021

Just wanted to share that it’s possible to use Apple DAC dongle with usb-c to usb-a converter and this hub. Works so well, and it’s very compact. I also bought a 60w power bank and 65w wall plug from Anker, both PD of course. It’s necessary with those kind of hubs with 30w for iPad Pro, hub heat loss and usb devices connected. Works very well for long music making sessions.

Syncwire Adaptateur USB C vers... https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B08QZ4LPTK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Anker PowerCore III Elite 25600... https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B089K7VMLL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• There's also a small cool one from Anker, but beware it doesn't fit the Mini 6. I had to use a file to make it fit.
    I filed the hub's plastic, not the iPad lol :D

• edited December 2021

…uh

• edited December 2021

@alecsbuga said:
    There's also a small cool one from Anker, but beware it doesn't fit the Mini 6. I had to use a file to make it fit.

Do you have a link to the Anker product? I’ve only seen the Anker dongle that sticks way out on the side… just waiting to snap off with the broken tip stuck inside

• @Hmtx said:

@alecsbuga said:
    There's also a small cool one from Anker, but beware it doesn't fit the Mini 6. I had to use a file to make it fit.

Do you have a link to the Anker product? I’ve only seen the Anker dongle that sticks way out on the side… just waiting to snap off with the broken tip stuck inside

that's the one