Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[Free] EDM Drums Samples Shots

Hi all.
I want to share with you a freeware sample pack from ProducerSpot.com: EDM DRUMS.
This pack includes 60 claps, 11 crashes, 60 hi hats, 90 kicks, 50 percussion and 84 snare samples - all in 24 Bit.
To download this free pack you must like their FB page...I think that is a fair price!
http://www.producerspot.com/download-free-edm-drums-drum-samples-kit-by-producerspot

Comments

• Great samples! I've downloaded.

• edited May 2014

Thanks for the post, love this sort of thing. Downloading!

Edit: Took a quick listen to those EDM samples - they sound GREAT! Very clear sounding and a great variety of kicks, hats, snares, etc. I have some other nice free kits (search for NSA Nekro, Slingerland, and G & S if curious), but this one's right up there!

• Thanks for sharing.

• These are not ios correct?

• @Bootsy said:

These are not ios correct?

I don't follow. They are .wav samples. They can be used in any number of iOS apps, or PC, Mac, etc.

• Both packs available, this and the trap pack, sounds really nice, and have quite a diverse set of various snares, claps, kicks hats & percs. Mucho thanks for sharing these packs!

• I'm a little fuzzy on how I can acquire items such as this to use with whatever apps I may have that can utilize .WAV files. I have iZip Pro on my iPhone 5... I'm assuming I can use this to unzip these samples, but a little vague on the particulars: what would be the process to do so & get them into said apps? Do I need to do this on my PC (where I'm afraid someone is going to tell me I need to use iTunes to do this & I have little comprehension of how iTunes works) or can I do it in the iOS environment?

• edited May 2014

@Brain - There are a lot of ways to do this - I'd be happy to help. You probably could do it on your phone with software that unzips stuff (like AudioShare, GoodReader, iZip, etc.). But I wouldn't recommend that because the zip file may be 30MB, 50MB, whatever, and you don't need 47 different kick drums.

Do this:

• Unzip the file using a PC, and find the individual .wav files (I believe they are in the "Bonus" folder for this EDM Kit)

• Assuming you have a DropBox account (they are free up to several gigs of storage), make a folder in there and save the unzipped .wav files. You could save ALL of them, or what I do is click through real fast and just identify a few from each instrument that are varied and I like the best.

• Using either AudioShare or the (free) DropBox app, you can click on an individual .wav file and use "Open In" to open that sample in your drum machine app, assuming it allows this.

OR

• If your drum machine app does not allow for "Open In", it may allow you to use AudioCopy/Paste to get the samples into the app. I would use AudioShare for this, since it is easy to copy and paste .wav files you import from DropBox using AudioShare.

I have an alternative suggestion for you or anyone in my next post...

• edited May 2014

EasyBeats 3 (and possibly some other apps, though I don't know of them) actually allow you to import an ENTIRE kit as a zipped file at once (16 instruments). Contrary to popular belief, you can arrange the order of the pads simply by numbering the .wav files properly in your zip file. EasyBeats 3 will display them on the grid like this:

13-14-15-16

09-10-11-12

05-06-07-08

01-02-03-04

So, for example, if you like your kick drums in the bottom left, make them 01 and 05. If you want your Splash and Crash cymbals in the top right, go with 15 and 16. Or however you like.

Making your own zip files in Windows is pretty easy (right click -> Send to Compressed Folder), but to help out, I have about 10 or so kits already zipped up in the order I like in this folder, which you should be able to DL from. Haven't added the EDM kit yet, but will soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2dlmpzd4lhqheqc/AAByyN1jfkNl-QA404QPNYgfa

Of course, even if you don't want to use EasyBeats 3 (which is $4.99 and universal), you could still save the files and grab the 16 individual .wav files to use however you like. Hope this helps.

• @StormJH1: Thank you for all that very useful info! Yes, I do have EasyBeats 3, so that avenue is covered as well.

• I added an EDM this morning, assuming that link works. It's actually kind of an electro kit. But the bass drum in 01 position has a noise at the end so I may switch it out.

• I can't stand that give us a Like for content act. Sorry not worth it.

• @OliverImseng said:

I can't stand that give us a Like for content act. Sorry not worth it.

If it's any consolation to you, I promptly "Unliked" them as soon as the download started. I dunno, does that constitute "stealing" a free download?

• I guess it depends if you genuinely like them or not. I do, so I'll keep liking

• Free Vinyl Drum Kit – One Shot Samples
    http://www.producerspot.com/download-free-vinyl-drum-kit-one-shot-samples

I figured I would just put it here rather than start a new thread as there is good info above (courtesy of @StormJH1) on how to use the samples.

• Thanks for sharing!

• @StormJH1 I 'liked' your post.* Very good. I wish there was a tag that could be applied to posts that contribute good (albeit simple for some) explanations that are bound to come up or be required again. Knowledge Base etc. Thanks for taking the time.

*I may 'unlike' it again in a little while. I hear it's all the rage these days and anyway I'm fickle like that :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@StormJH1 I 'liked' your post.* Very good. I wish there was a tag that could be applied to posts that contribute good (albeit simple for some) explanations that are bound to come up or be required again. Knowledge Base etc. Thanks for taking the time.

*I may 'unlike' it again in a little while. I hear it's all the rage these days and anyway I'm fickle like that :)

Thanks! It's no problem; I'm just paying it forward for all the useful threads I find from months ago with step-by-step instructions on things that may be routine for some people, but intimidating to someone (like me) coming to it completely new.

• @OliverImseng said:

I can't stand that give us a Like for content act. Sorry not worth it.

I don't care if a company needs info in exchange for content, especially if it is to inform me about things I'd find useful that they do. However, I deleted my Facebook account last year and have no intention of re opening one. I did it for my own reasons, it's not an anti Facebook statement, it just was causing me issues in my life that have been much better since I stopped.

I've seen a few things where "liking" something was the only way to enter a giveaway or receive content, so that left me out. It's my choice, so I'm ok with it. However, I do wonder how much "liking" translates to actual sales. Collecting emails that need to be verified seems like a way to have only those truly interested get content. Companies can do as they want, so this isn't a rant. Just an observation. I've never been accused of being a marketing genius, so I could have this all wrong.

• No, I think you have it about right. They make their choices and, one by one, we make ours.

• I'm not sure I even had a point, I need to remember not to post anything before I've had coffee...ha!