Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad Mini (original) Sysex Update File(s)

Not sure if i can ask this here, and if not, flag and delete the thread.

I recently picked up an original launchpad mini (not mk2 or 3). Im trying to verify what the latest firmware is for the device and update it.

The device is too old to be updated via components, and is updated via a sysex file. It seems to get that file is by registering the product with novation, which requires a "bundle code" in addition to the serial number, which I or the purson I purchased it from has. I tried reaching out to novation but havent heard back from them.

Curious if anyone has this original launchpad and is able to get me the original sysex update file, or know of anywhere else to grab it besides novation. I dont care about any of the other "bundled" software, just the sysex updte files.

Currently the device is running bootloader/firmware 3.2. I dont know if i need newer or older firmware versions, so id like to be able to get all of them if possible.

Possible if anyone can help me out, or even if forum rules allow it?

Will send pizza and beer if someone can help! ;)

Comments

• edited August 2021

All i see on the Novation site for the base "mini" is an USB Driver thing. No SysEX Files to download (anymore).

• edited August 2021

Yeah. But it wont be on that page.

Once you register a product, they show up under "your account" with additional software. Like ableton lite downloads, plugins, etc. It would also contain the app to set up the custom user modes. Stuff that comes with the product, which requires a bundle code.

Newer stuff is updated via the components website. Pre-components stuff is downloaded after a product registration. Back then this came on a card that was in the box. I don't expect people to keep original boxes for a 10 year old controller that's worth about 20$ nowadays.

Again, I could care less about any software that comes with it other than the firmware updater, which is just silly its not available on their regular download page, like it super proprietary to the owner.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Not sure if i can ask this here, and if not, flag and delete the thread.

I recently picked up an original launchpad mini (not mk2 or 3). Im trying to verify what the latest firmware is for the device and update it.

The device is too old to be updated via components, and is updated via a sysex file. It seems to get that file is by registering the product with novation, which requires a "bundle code" in addition to the serial number, which I or the purson I purchased it from has. I tried reaching out to novation but havent heard back from them.

Curious if anyone has this original launchpad and is able to get me the original sysex update file, or know of anywhere else to grab it besides novation. I dont care about any of the other "bundled" software, just the sysex updte files.

Currently the device is running bootloader/firmware 3.2. I dont know if i need newer or older firmware versions, so id like to be able to get all of them if possible.

Possible if anyone can help me out, or even if forum rules allow it?

Will send pizza and beer if someone can help! ;)

I'd follow up with Novation. I have had good luck with their support people and it can take a few tries sometimes to connect with them--they are (like most support teams) understaffed.