Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alesis DM Touch - new app

Available now for free download. Sounds cool...

Comments

• Struggling with IAA though. I've tried Cubasis, Auria, AudioShare and Looptical.

• Crashes on my iPad Air and IAA don't work.

• Not crashing on ipad 3 , but IAA not working at all

• did it have midi?
    for using external pads, not only the alesis DM Dock?

• So it's 10 different kits and intended to be used with some sort of Alesis peripheral, but also works with touch screen? I didn't even download it yet because of the 185MB file size. I can get samples into a number of other apps and entire kits are usually 1 or 2MB to store (WAV file, not compressed). Just seems like a lot to store, unless you are interested in the controller that goes with it obviously.

But thanks for the heads up, the free stuff is always worth a look!

• Thanks...

• I think obiwahnkentobi is right that it's for the DM Dock: http://www.alesis.com/dm-dock The DM Dock was announced so long ago I thought it had been abandoned

• The sounds are good but...

You can't do flams.
    You can't do rolls.
    You can't roll over the kit without the sound cutting.
    The layout doesn't change when you go to electronic kit.

...but is for free, so welcome.

• Quite nice sounding multi-sampled/multi-layered kits. You need an external midi controller (or something via virtual midi if that works) to hear the different layers, as the on screen interface only has one velocity from what I can tell. And there's 2 different multi sampled snares and kicks in the kits, but again, you can only play one of them from inside the app from the looks of it.

• Since IAA doesn't work, is it compatible with AB?

• edited May 2014

Tim Webb over at dischord wasn't too impressed. Made a small edit just in case there are any swearing policies here (though I don't believe that to be the case):

"Sadly this first release version is so buggy that it will not be usable for many people. The MIDI input assignments are all over the place, and the interface for reassigning them is broken. If you want to use any kit other than the default Rock Kit while the app is in the background you're out of luck. The app will work in the background, but as soon as you flip away from it to a sequencer app, and back, it reverts to the default kit.

I don't want to beat up on them too bad for giving us a free app, but they aren't exactly doing themselves any favors here. Why the f%#& are they shoveling out this level of quality, after over a year in development? Beta Testing saves lives."

• Ouch...!

• I love my Alesis DM10 Studio Kit so I was looking forward to the DM Dock and ordered it when it was first announced. After a year and a half of no updates it suddenly appeared at my home. Unfortunately, the DM Touch App is so buggy that I will be returning it and hoping Alesis figures out how to achieve the potential I expected.