Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music to download your FidoNet messages by

Finally crossed the finish line again. Started with just a loop of the modem sample, drums and some nostalgia and then

Bass is Agonizer, Drums are Ruismaker, lead is Laplace, pads are bs16i (some organ). I think the voice sample is from the Gemini program.

Sequenced first with Rozetta, but recorded the loops into Xequence and completed the track using the Audiobus/Aum/Xequencer setup. Ran the modem samples in sEGments also using Xequencer.

The chopped-up bit in the middle is the modem sample being vocoded be the drums.

Finished in Auria, using TB Barricade, FF Q3, Eventide Rotary, Accusonic Beatformer, Kosmonaut. There is some Filterstation in there too.

Comments

• FidoNet. Sigh.

• This 9600 baud modem is blazing fast!

• I was on 300 baud! Sorry, @JudasZimmerman, your track was pretty funny, too!

• @jebni said:
    I was on 300 baud! Sorry, @JudasZimmerman, your track was pretty funny, too!

Didn't get online until 9600 myself. Back then the only modems available in my country was outdated and extremely expensive models that had to be "approved" by the government monopoly. But when I finally got there, AT manual in hand, list of BBS phone numbers on a piece of paper, it was like the monolith scene in 2001. I remember thinking the bleeps really sounded like music.

It's getting harder to remember all that stuff now though since the internet ate the world., but I remember downloading FidoNet to my offline message reader after 5pm when the rates got cheaper. F U T U R I S T I C

• The 1st BBS I recall using was The Gnome at Home which ran at 1200/75

• @BiancaNeve That’s when I learned how to type fast. When you could type faster than your upstream baud rate, YOU WON AT LIFE.