Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spatializer by quantovox - Released

123457»

Comments

• @quantovox said:

@NeuM said:
    @quantovox Any plans to bring plugins to macOS? I’m finding the lack of cross compatibility with some of my favorite apps disturbing now that I also have a desktop to manage.

We've just released a new version that is compatible with macOS Monterey running on M1-based macs. It is a free update (the mac app store may show a price and a buy button, but at the very last step it will indicate that there was no charge).

Somewhat shockingly, AUv3's are still a second-class citizen on macOS, with slightly reduced feature sets and numerous host app bugs. This was a journey well outside our comfort zone, and may be a bumpy ride going forward. If we were to develop a full-priced standalone desktop plugin, AUv2 would have no real alternative today (but that's not the direction we're taking at least right now with Spatializer).
    However, AUv3 is definitely the future, and we hope that the rate of adoption will gain some momentum, and we're glad to be part of that.

The way forward will primarily depend on community feedback, please don't hesitate to contact us to share your feedback.
    Please also check out the macOS notes in the main app, we'll keep it regularly updated.

Thanks a lot for getting this working on the M1 Macs, the effort is appreciated and making it a free update is very generous of you.

• @quantovox said:

@NeuM said:
    @quantovox Any plans to bring plugins to macOS? I’m finding the lack of cross compatibility with some of my favorite apps disturbing now that I also have a desktop to manage.

We've just released a new version that is compatible with macOS Monterey running on M1-based macs. It is a free update (the mac app store may show a price and a buy button, but at the very last step it will indicate that there was no charge).

Somewhat shockingly, AUv3's are still a second-class citizen on macOS, with slightly reduced feature sets and numerous host app bugs. This was a journey well outside our comfort zone, and may be a bumpy ride going forward. If we were to develop a full-priced standalone desktop plugin, AUv2 would have no real alternative today (but that's not the direction we're taking at least right now with Spatializer).
    However, AUv3 is definitely the future, and we hope that the rate of adoption will gain some momentum, and we're glad to be part of that.

The way forward will primarily depend on community feedback, please don't hesitate to contact us to share your feedback.
    Please also check out the macOS notes in the main app, we'll keep it regularly updated.

I have just bought it without expecting Mac compatibility, so it's a nice bonus. Thank you. BTW I don't think devs should be expected to ensure free Mac compatibility of an iOS app that sells for 6.99, so I consider this an act of generosity from you. Good luck with your app on both platforms!

• edited April 2022

@quantovox said:

@NeuM said:

Wow. This was a nice surprise I didn't expect this morning (it’s morning here, anyway). Thanks, @quantovox!

• edited April 2022

@ervin said:

@quantovox said:

@NeuM said:

I have just bought it without expecting Mac compatibility, so it's a nice bonus. Thank you. BTW I don't think devs should be expected to ensure free Mac compatibility of an iOS app that sells for 6.99, so I consider this an act of generosity from you. Good luck with your app on both platforms!

For the record, some apps are automatically compatible with M1 chip computers, but clearly this one required some special engineering. The effort is certainly notable and appreciated.

I think spreading the word to more musicians, audio engineers and pros (not to mention amateurs!) will ultimately help developers with overall app sales and make the additional time spent worth it.

• Found this worked really well as a quick fix on drums when I tried it out last year.

Anyone know if there is a vst like this?

• @AudioGus how did you use Spatializer to fix your drums? In other words what problem did you have and how did this app fix it?

Did you use it to simulate a room IR?

Thanks
    (PS you’re avatar always cracks me up)

• @audiblevideo said:
    @AudioGus how did you use Spatializer to fix your drums? In other words what problem did you have and how did this app fix it?

Did you use it to simulate a room IR?

Thanks
    (PS you’re avatar always cracks me up)

(Aww glad you like the GusBunny ;) )

I guess what Spatializer seemed to do is cement the drums together as a unit that existed in the same space. The bits of hats and perc etc seemed to get lost with the other elements of my mix, likely since I use a lot of little sound effects and sharp fragments in non-drum places. You mentioned a room IR? Maybe I should mess around with that as I think Samplitude has a rather advanced one. At least it is several gigs to install, heh.

• Occupy the same space - got it. Seems like a reverb with the proper IR (room) might indeed do the same thing.

• edited April 2023

Forgive my lame questions.

Made just to test. Dual mono sub bass to pan left and right. Just because I hear people make copies.

I guess I wouldnt need copies of sub bass?

But maybe basses higher frequency. Maybe shockwave for example.

With test I made. Made copies. Then sidechained. I could either try duplicate sidechain settings or send to a bus where by which you cant really pan.

So this app should be useful. Width plus pan position and sometimes not really needing duplicates of tracks?

• @audiblevideo said:
    Occupy the same space - got it. Seems like a reverb with the proper IR (room) might indeed do the same thing.

Yes and no. You could probably achieve the same result but Spatializer sounds uncluttered out of the box. I mean you could achieve this with a very specific reverb if you were great at understanding reverbs, picking the right one and were great at tweaking. For me I just grab Spatializer for the subtle room/space feeling.

• Finally grabbed this on the back of true pan and the sale and man it really is like putting a little magic sauce on everything. Really been overlooking this one.

• @HotStrange said:
    Finally grabbed this on the back of true pan and the sale and man it really is like putting a little magic sauce on everything. Really been overlooking this one.

Same here, special sauce indeed!

• Can you recommend something similar on desktop

• @HotStrange said:
    Finally grabbed this on the back of true pan and the sale and man it really is like putting a little magic sauce on everything. Really been overlooking this one.

Yes it is. Try it on drum machines. I don’t know what it is but where a reverb mushes things up, this provides space but doesn’t mess with the focus.

• edited August 2023

@tahiche said:

@HotStrange said:

Yes it is. Try it on drum machines. I don’t know what it is but where a reverb mushes things up, this provides space but doesn’t mess with the focus.

You’re 100% right. It’s not quite reverb, not quite panning. Just it’s own strange dynamic effect that just works. Super subtle but is great for that little extra to make a song pop. I honestly probably need to use it more than I do. I use True Pan all the time but I do forget about this one sometimes. This, Woott, and a couple others are just magic sauce that make everything better.