Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• MIDI clock!
    Great for using with hardware grooveboxes 👍🏼
    Bummer it doesn't receive clock, it shouldn't be a problem to implement as NS2 has no audio tracks.

• edited August 2021

Great to see a update from Matt glad to see he still working on it, maybe we get audio tracks by Christmas.

Quite amazed to see Ableton link actually. Apart from BM3 it’s nice to see it added to a traditional DAW.

The new drum kit sounds pretty good aswell.😀

• @rs2000 said:
    MIDI clock!
    Great for using with hardware grooveboxes 👍🏼
    Bummer it doesn't receive clock, it shouldn't be a problem to implement as NS2 has no audio tracks.

In that case I hope it is a problem in that NS2 is still getting audio tracks. ;)

• Definitely buying the Studio Drums IAP. :) Don't need it, but any way I can support Matt financially is a good thing. Hopefully Audio Tracks are coming soon.

• Nice to see link start/stop was hoping this would be added at some point, got all the other IAPs so might pick up the drums as well.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Definitely buying the Studio Drums IAP. :) Don't need it, but any way I can support Matt financially is a good thing. Hopefully Audio Tracks are coming soon.

Same. Best all-round ios production experience other than gadget (for me), and it's one guy. A few quid/dollars from NS2 users to keep him going won't hurt.

• @iansainsbury said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Definitely buying the Studio Drums IAP. :) Don't need it, but any way I can support Matt financially is a good thing. Hopefully Audio Tracks are coming soon.

Same. Best all-round ios production experience other than gadget (for me), and it's one guy. A few quid/dollars from NS2 users to keep him going won't hurt.

(OT - Gadget is my other fave iOS production experience too. 😎)

• edited August 2021

I was working with NS2 when the update dropped and have already swapped out the Slate kit I was using with one of the new IAPs :smile:

What useful things can people think of that we can do with our newfound powers?

ApeMatrix takes MIDI Clock in and I was able to control the MultiTrack Recorder timeline so this offers another way of using MTR for audio tracks but now with the ability to record directly into it. I think I’ll stick with SonoBus into MTR inside NS2 though as that is pretty much perfect for my needs and the MIDI Clock out does not honour NS2 loops (as stated in the manual).

The Link Start/Stop is going to be useful to me for recording MIDI-in and syncing audio-out with AUM projects.

Does anyone have any thoughts on which AU apps will benefit from MIDI Clock being sent to them? I thought they all follow the host timeline anyway so not sure what this ability brings.

• I'll definitely buy the IAP. I have to say I really love NS2 but the lack of audio tracks has been keeping me away lately.

• Kudos for Ableton Link Start and Stop. Will be great for feeding midi over Bluetooth from another device. Time to re-install.

• The official update report from Matt taken from the NS2 forum.

Hi everyone

I'm sure many of you can attest that the last 18 months have been unusual. I've been unable to dedicate much time to NanoStudio 2 so I had a think about some popular feature requests I could add in the limited amount of time I had available and came up with these:

Ableton Link Start/Stop Sync support
    MIDI clock and start/stop events are sent to all hosted AUs (any AUs which rely on MIDI clock may slave to NS2's master clock).
    MIDI clock and start/stop events may be sent to MIDI outputs, with a user-adjustable time offset. External hardware MIDI devices may slave to NS2's master clock provided their MIDI clock is set to 'external'.
    Improved latency compensation on metronome output
    Improved drop down menu layout on iPhone 12 Mini
    Ableton Link SDK updated to 3.1.5
    For more information on how to send MIDI clock to external MIDI ports, latency compensation and the limitations of MIDI clock, check out the updated section in the user manual.

NEW - Studio Drums IAP Soundpack
    Steve from Platinum Audiolab has been working on a new IAP soundpack for some time which contains 10 really nicely recorded drum kits. If I've done my homework correctly, it should be available in NS2's Store page once you have updated NS2 to v2.1.2.

The Studio Drums IAP will be introduced at HALF PRICE to say thanks the loyal NS2 users (normal price is 4.49/4.99 EUR/USD/GBP).

All the best
    Matt

• @iansainsbury said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

+1.

(I didn't think I was ever going to do this with any app, because let market forces rule blabla, but NS2 is just such a pleasing, refined, well designed thing to open and use that here I go wanting to contribute my tiny bit 🤷)

• edited August 2021

Lol. The biggest tease around. I give it crap so much only because I love everything else about it and wish it could be truly complete.

• @iansainsbury said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Same same.

• edited August 2021

NS2 is the gold standard for iOS stability! I wonder what Matt’s thoughts are on audio tracks?

• A sign of life, yes!!!
    Not audio tracks, or MIDI/audio FX automation, but still nice enough.

• @god said:
    A sign of life, yes!!!

+!!!

• Great to see the developer still working on NS2! Big congrats 🥳

• Bought the back. Just to help a bit.

• I love doing sound design on Obsidian, but would like more wavetable options.
    NS2 IAP question: do the IAP packs come with more wavetable content? Sample content?

Thanks!

• Anyone here with problem Nanostudio 2 and immediately crash on M1 iPads?

Todays upgrade certainly changed something, can use NS2 anymore on the M1…

Lucky me that has three other iPads 😊😊😊

• I’ve been using NS2 on my M1 iPad Pro 12.9 since I received it (early orderer), and it has been flawless.

• Wow, this is awesome. Always glad for NanoStudio 2 updates. And these acoustic kits are great. Unexpected surprise but very much appreciated.

• Glad to see a sign of life, but I’m still waiting on a roll function for slate, I mean NS1 had it, so .....

• @sch said:
    I’ve been using NS2 on my M1 iPad Pro 12.9 since I received it (early orderer), and it has been flawless.

And this did not change after the todays update?

• Instant crash on trying to load a project on ios15 beta

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Same. Although I'm still not that bothered by the lack of audio tracks.

• Now that NS2 IAPs are a topic of interest again, I really hope the developer brings in some different producers to create sounds. Some diversity from a different studio would be a great way to energize this app and bring in new funds.

• edited August 2021

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Anyone here with problem Nanostudio 2 and immediately crash on M1 iPads?

Todays upgrade certainly changed something, can use NS2 anymore on the M1…

Lucky me that has three other iPads 😊😊😊

I had to disable 'update Audio Unit database on startup' in the settings of NS2 on my iPad Pro M1. After that no problems anymore. (Virsyn's Addstation was the app that let NS2 crashing at startup)

Update : on loading demos NS2 crashes :(

• @Pierre118 said:
    Update : on loading demos NS2 crashes :(

My trusty Air 3 loads and runs "Act of Rythm" perfectly.
    So, really an M1 issue ...