Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bitwig users wanting to use iPad to control Bitwig....

This guy Jurgen makes an OSC mapping for Bitwig and you can use the Open Stage Control app to make templates.

I spent some time modifying the supplied template and was super impressed what it could do. It's kind of like Touchable for Bitwig.

The client runs in your browser and I use an app called FullScreen Browser so theres no url bar.

If you're interested you can get my template here:
https://github.com/soundtemple/open-stage-control-bitwig-driven-by-moss

You also need DrivenByMoss and OpenStageControl. Links in README (above link)

All FREE!

Comments

• Toooooo coooool. Will have to check it out.
    Thanks for sharing 👊🏼™️

• Looks good what app on the iPad do you use for this the new Touch OSC ?

• Jürgen Moßgraber is the dude. I already use his Launchpad X scripts for Bitwig.

Thanks for building the template @soundtemple

• edited August 2021

I've configured everything correctly (using RTP LoopMIDI for Win10 instead of IAC Driver) but when I load your json template I get this error:

• @Jumpercollins On your iPad it runs in a browser like Chrome or Safari, but I found this app called FullScreen Browser that removes the url bar and tab so it looks more like an app than a browser

• @tk32 Bummer! Not sure whats going on there. I’m on Open Stage Control v1.9.11 and the json file does specify a version. Not sure if thats relevant as I notice v1.9.12 is out now. Did you try the DrivenByMoss template? Does that open ok?

That unexpected token… Do you think it’s referring to a rogue ‘<‘ ? there’s none in my template json

I’m out now, but can try search later

• edited August 2021

Thanks - I'll try to figure out why it went wrong.

By the way, I'm using Bitwig 4.0, OSC 1.9.12 and the latest version of DrivenByMoss - both OSC and DBM were freshly installed (on Win10) today.

• @soundtemple said:

Thank you so much for this? Can you tell us how to download from GitHub? I can't find a download link there...

• @gkillmaster said:

@soundtemple said:

Thank you so much for this? Can you tell us how to download from GitHub? I can't find a download link there...

The green button marked "code" has several ways to download. If you don't have git installed, the zip link is easiest.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@gkillmaster said:

@soundtemple said:

The green button marked "code" has several ways to download. If you don't have git installed, the zip link is easiest.

Thank you!

• @tk32 I upgraded to 1.9.12 and updated the template, so its now a 1.9.12 template on Github. I can run it on my laptop in Chrome and on my iPad it works on Chrome, Safari and my preferred app FullScreen Browser.

Open Stage Control docs say the client is compatible with the following browsers:
    Firefox: version 75
    Chromium / Chrome: version 60
    iOS devices must be of version 10.3 or higher.

If you haven't already, I'd try running the template in a browser on your laptop
    Were you able to get a new session going or able to load another OSC template?

• Excellent. Thanks @soundtemple

I'll download the latest template shortly and let you know if it works for me this time.

:+1:

• Update:
    New template works brilliantly.

Thanks again!

All I need to do now is a quick edit to your template to make those transport buttons a bit bigger for my sausage fingers :)

• @soundtemple said:
    @Jumpercollins On your iPad it runs in a browser like Chrome or Safari, but I found this app called FullScreen Browser that removes the url bar and tab so it looks more like an app than a browser

Could one use TouchOSC with this? I bought v1 years ago but never found a use for it. I’ve been playing with Bitwig and my Launchpad X though, so the idea of getting some use out of TouchOSC is suddenly way more appealing.

• @ahallam yes you can make your own template in TouchOSC.

• @tk32 said:
    Update:
    New template works brilliantly.

Thanks again!

All I need to do now is a quick edit to your template to make those transport buttons a bit bigger for my sausage fingers :)

Good to hear.

The dynamic labels make all the difference with usability over a regular controller imo.

Agree they are too thin. I will make that change.

• @soundtemple said:
    @ahallam yes you can make your own template in TouchOSC.

Good to know. I know basically nothing about OSC, so it’s a good chance to learn some stuff.

• @ahallam Good luck.

@tk32 Sausage fingers transport implemented, along with new show/hide buttons column
    Also, I recommend the FullScreen Browser app for a full screen experience if you havent tried it already.

• Lovely

• @soundtemple said:
    @ahallam Good luck.

Now that I've set it up, I say why reinvent the wheel? Thanks for posting this, in combination with the Launchpad it makes Bitwig even cooler. :)

• @ahallam you're welcome
    Mostly thank DrivenByMoss. I just did a little makeover.