Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Oscilloscope app I always wanted | haQ attaQ

It finally happened! The Oscilloscope I always wanted is finally here. auSCOPEx by auDSPr is an AUv3 Oscilloscope app that, apart form providing you with the essentials, also lets you tailor its layout and look. I'm in love!

haQattaQ

Comments

• Setting the timebase after MIDI notes. Great idea!

• @rs2000 said:
    Setting the timebase after MIDI notes. Great idea!

Yeah, it’s pretty brilliant.

• Developers who listen to helpful suggestions are the best.

• @NeuM said:
    Developers who listen to helpful suggestions are the best.

David is definitely one of the most responsive devs I’ve talk to. 👊🏼

• edited August 2021

I don't know if any desktop wavetable creator/editors use this midi method for isolating single cycles of wave forms. But I think this might make a good method for a wavetable editor if it could utilize this principle as a way to capture single cycles from synth instruments.

Lots of ways to build wavetables with that kind of feature...
    Choose one wavetable frame and it displays as an oscilloscope view. Play a sound and tap a capture to wavetable button. Then move forward a number of frames and capture another wave from another sound. Capture a sequence waveforms at various intervals in the table, and then choose an algorithm for morphing between the frames.

Or.. Program / find an evolving synth sound. Then set the wavetable editor to auto-capture a sequence of waves to the table by selecting a capture interval to occur once every X number of wave cycles. That way you'd end up with 256 "unique" waves in a table, taken from throughout the duration of a sound.

Combine this "interval capture" feature with the user manually tweaking filters and effects and it could lead to some crazy sound design possibilities.

• @horsetrainer said:
    I don't know if any desktop wavetable creator/editors use this midi method for isolating single cycles of wave forms. But I think this might make a good method for a wavetable editor if it could utilize this principle as a way to capture single cycles from synth instruments.

Choose one wavetable frame and it displays as an oscilloscope view. Play a sound and tap a capture to wavetable button. Then move forward a number of frames and capture another wave from another sound. Capture a sequence waveforms at various intervals in the table, and then choose an algorithm for morphing between the frames.

Or.. Program / find an evolving synth sound. Then set the wavetable editor to auto-capture a sequence of waves to the table by selecting a capture interval to occur once every X number of wave cycles. That way you'd end up with 256 "unique" waves in a table, taken from throughout the duration of a sound.

Combine this "interval capture" feature with the user manually tweaking filters and effects and it could lead to some crazy sound design possibilities.

That’s an interesting way of doing it.

I’ve actually pot wavetable a together myself before in Cubasis. I then put that into Vancouver in gadget. Might interest you?

• Windows 10 was your idea! :lol:

• edited August 2021

@Jocphone said:
    Windows 10 was your idea! :lol:

Aw, there’s probably a really good joke here, but I’m too dumb to get it. 😅😓

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@horsetrainer said:

That’s an interesting way of doing it.

I’ve actually pot wavetable a together myself before in Cubasis. I then put that into Vancouver in gadget. Might interest you?

Cool video, and wavetable demonstration.

Due to current lack of wavetable creation Apps for iPad, I've been using a Mac desktop App called vital wavetable synth. Vital has an editor that provides tools for building custom wavetables. It also has morph/interpolation algorithms.. so complete 256 frame wavetables can be constructed by auto-filling the frames between the frames the user "draws".

In your demonstration you used Adventure Kid single cycle waveforms, and that makes sense because drawing lots of custom single cycle waves takes time.

But.. if a wavetable editor used this new oscilloscope method for isolating then capturing single waveforms, then writing the captured from audio waves directly into a wavetable...

It could make the process of making custom wavetables really fun, intuitive, and easy.

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@Jocphone said:
    Windows 10 was your idea! :lol:

Aw, there’s probably a really good joke here, but I’m too dumb to get it. 😅😓

They ran some cheesy adverts for Windows 10 where supposedly everyday people said “Windows 10 was my idea”. I was gently poking fun at the similarity 😊

• @Jocphone said:

They ran some cheesy adverts for Windows 10 where supposedly everyday people said “Windows 10 was my idea”.

I guess that explains all the crap ideas...