Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene Live In Your Living Room

edited August 2021 in Other

While I'm between tracks, I surfed Youtube and found a real gem!

Cheers mates!

Comments

• What a collection of character instruments!
    I love that big cutoff knob 😍

• Amazingly, this could all be done on an iPad now. I think @Edward_Alexander should give it a try now that he has an M1 with a TB. Still, quite lovely.

• edited August 2021

There’s something awesome, but ultimately so depressing and defeating about watching guys like Jarre, such as my personal fav Manuel Gottsching, go onstage in 2021 to perform with a laptop and a DI for guitar. And that’s it.

It’s a triumph but also really fucking boring and hard to accept watching guys with glasses squint at their MacBook screen while clicking away to alter parameters live with a mouse instead of magically manipulating those gigantic mystery boxes of machinery in order to keep pumping the grooves to the people. I’d rather just hang out and shoot the bull with them, with their music playing in the background to keep things lively.

• @rs2000 said:
    What a collection of character instruments!
    I love that big cutoff knob 😍

Is that a cutoff knob in your pocket, or you just happy to see me?

lol thing seriously looks like it was made out of an old door knob and some parts from Home Depot.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Amazingly, this could all be done on an iPad now. I think @Edward_Alexander should give it a try now that he has an M1 with a TB. Still, quite lovely.

@oat_phipps said:

It’s a triumph but also really fucking boring

I’m sorry, but I’ll have to agree. it’s honestly kind of sad, because I had to skip/skim through the video as i really never heard anything that stood out to me as a “wow that was amazing” part. It’s all just kinda mediocre really.

And that’s the thing with this genre of music. It’s A LOT more entertaining and fun to compose and perform, than to just be a listener IMHO

Needs a title like “Watch these guys have fun playing with their expensive toys for an hour”

Another sad thing, to me, is that he’s got the MOOG ONE right there! What’s all that other hardware for? Should be able to do EVERYTHING with that thing, without having to run around, stopping at each device.

And of course this is from 2013, so we’ll have to give them a pass on the dated visuals on the screen behind them.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Cheers mates!

Thanks for sharing/posting this!

It is pretty amazing! (having another listen to some parts) There’s no doubt that there’s some talent on that stage.

If I could clarify my previous post, I’ll say that it’s much more interesting to listen to, than to watch.

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Cheers mates!

Thanks for sharing/posting this!

It is pretty amazing! (having another listen to some parts) There’s no doubt that there’s some talent on that stage.

If I could clarify my previous post, I’ll say that it’s much more interesting to listen to, than to watch.

Lol, that's true. Listening is far more interesting than watching, but it is fun to see how they work those synths live. It is far more fun to watch than someone on a laptop.

• @Edward_Alexander said:

I guess, if you know who those people are. I don’t, but I assumed they were to be up there with JMJ. Funny thing is, I didn’t see a single one of them doing anything that required any chops at all.

One one hand it was gratifying to think I coulda sat up there and did everything any of them were doing. On the other hand it was odd to think that such talent would be scooped up to do just about nothing.

I enjoyed watching it, but found it oddly absurd at the the same time.