Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App Store prices in £ and € to reduce.

edited August 2021 in Other

What will you spend the 10p you save on?

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=o0uodgu7&1628012702

Prices in Italy will increase however. Cos Italy.

Comments

• Well i can't speak for everyone. But personally...

• @klownshed said:
    What will you spend the 10p you save on?

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=o0uodgu7&1628012702

Prices in Italy will increase however. Cos Italy.

Incredible 😂😂😂

• prices in the UK are now cheaper. Apps that were £9.99 previously are now £8.99 for example.

• I noticed that the LK unlocks were advertised as 2.99 but were only £2.49

It’ll be like everything’s on sale!

• the vimto chew bars are on me :)

• @tk32 said:
    the vimto chew bars are on me :)

Nice. :-)

• @tk32 said:

Weird spacing beteween the "1" and the "0"....

• @Simon said:

@tk32 said:

Bad kerning is a thing.

This is good news, mind you. I've lost count of the number of times the "We pay more" / "Yes, but your price already includes the sales tax" / "Right, but it's still more overall" conversation has come up. I doubt it's ever going to be fair (sorry Italy) but still.

• Many fonts have their numerals 01234567879 set to a single spacing

• @Simon said:

@tk32 said:

It’s a ‘t’ not a ‘1’ which helps the situation slightly. Still, as a designer, I agree 👍

• edited August 2021

Here's a quick summary...

In 2016, a $9.99 app would cost £7.99 in the UK

In 2017, Apple added their 'Brexit' tax so that same $9.99 app would now cost £9.99

in 2021, we get a slight rebate, so that $9.99 app now costs £8.99

and yes... I despise bad kerning. but have learned to ignore it where sweets are involved.

• edited August 2021

@tk32 said:
    Here's a quick summary...

In 2016, a $9.99 app would cost £7.99 in the UK

In 2017, Apple added their 'Brexit' tax so that same $9.99 app would now cost £9.99

in 2021, we get a slight rebate, and now that $9.99 app now costs £8.99

and yes... I despise bad kerning. but have learned to ignore it where sweets are involved.

We now get 10 free Vimto bars every time we buy a $10 app in the UK :-)

Italians miss out on an extra espresso though :-(

• Hopefully it’s Apple taking the hit for this decrease, not the developers.

• @TimRussell said:
    Hopefully it’s Apple taking the hit for this decrease, not the developers.

from the web page linked in the OP:

Your proceeds will be adjusted accordingly and will be calculated based on the tax-exclusive price.
    In addition, your proceeds on the App Store in Italy will be increased to reflect a change to the Digital Services Tax effective rate.
    Once these changes go into effect, the Pricing and Availability section of My Apps will be updated. You can change the price of your apps and in-app purchases (including auto-renewable subscriptions) at any time in App Store Connect. If you offer subscriptions, you can choose to preserve prices for existing subscribers.

• edited August 2021

So they raise the prices massively and then after 2 years reduce them by half as much as the initial increase, and we're supposed to be thankful? * BUYS MORE APPS THAN BEFORE COS WEAK *

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    and we're supposed to be thankful?

Are we? Is that in the EULA? I didn’t read it.

• @klownshed said:

@TimRussell said:

Your proceeds will be adjusted accordingly and will be calculated based on the tax-exclusive price.
    In addition, your proceeds on the App Store in Italy will be increased to reflect a change to the Digital Services Tax effective rate.
    Once these changes go into effect, the Pricing and Availability section of My Apps will be updated. You can change the price of your apps and in-app purchases (including auto-renewable subscriptions) at any time in App Store Connect. If you offer subscriptions, you can choose to preserve prices for existing subscribers.

So they make sure that devs take the hit, and face the criticism when they increase their prices to compensate for the loss of revenue…

• @brambos said:

@klownshed said:

@TimRussell said:

So they make sure that devs take the hit, and face the criticism when they increase their prices to compensate for the loss of revenue…

A $999 MacBook Air in the us is still £999.

They’ve not adjusted their own hardware prices “in line with exchange rates”.

$999 is £720 at today’s rate. Add 20% VAT and that’s £865. Not £999.

Whoever loses, Apple seems to win.

• @klownshed said:

This guy gets it. As Midnight Oil said. The rich get richer, the poor get the picture.

• wimwim
    edited August 2021

@Ailerom said:

@klownshed said:

This guy gets it. As Midnight Oil said. The rich get richer, the poor get the picture.

Not all Apple shareholders are rich. Just sayin'...
    Got a pension plan? There's a chance it has Apple stock in it. Maybe you get a tiny slice of that pie too. ;)

• @wim said:

@Ailerom said:

@klownshed said:

Not all Apple shareholders are rich. Just sayin'...
    Got a pension plan? There's a chance it has Apple stock in it. Maybe you get a tiny slice of that pie too. ;)

I was just talking about the Apple empire

• wimwim
    edited August 2021

Yeh, I know. But I do like to point out that many people can and do benefit from Apple's success (often without even knowing it in the case of retirement plans). If someone had $1,000 to invest in March 20, they'd could have earned $986 by a year later. I had that much to risk, but instead invested it in other crap that has averaged out to just barely breaking even. :D

Apple's success is not all evil and it's not only a couple of ultra-rich people that benefit.